Page 242 of 259 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2589

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    I'm so glad we have multiple ESTJs on this forum!
    Me too

Out of curiosity @Sil do you relate to my posts? We seem very different from each other re: humor, and you seem almost introverted in the way you communicate on the forum*. The only reason why I'm sure you're an ESTJ, despite all that, is because of the way you've been systematically reviving every good ESTJ thread on the forum. Which is the most ESTJ thing you could possibly do. "I'm here, and I can contribute, so I WILL, damn it."

*I'm sure your being sp/so has something to do with it. Whereas in contrast I'm the stereotypical sunshiney and friendly so/sx. While you've mentioned that you don't care much for Enneagram, and you do seem pretty balanced re: Enneatype, you vibe like you have a very different tritype from me. 9 or 1 gut fix, definite 3 heart fix, 5 or 6 head fix.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes themightyfetus, Sil liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Me too

Out of curiosity @Sil do you relate to my posts? We seem very different from each other re: humor, and you seem almost introverted in the way you communicate on the forum*. The only reason why I'm sure you're an ESTJ, despite all that, is because of the way you've been systematically reviving every good ESTJ thread on the forum. Which is the most ESTJ thing you could possibly do. "I'm here, and I can contribute, so I WILL, damn it."

*I'm sure your being sp/so has something to do with it. Whereas in contrast I'm the stereotypical sunshiney and friendly so/sx. While you've mentioned that you don't care much for Enneagram, and you do seem pretty balanced re: Enneatype, you vibe like you have a very different tritype from me. 9 or 1 gut fix, definite 3 heart fix, 5 or 6 head fix.
    Hmm, I don't really remember. Off my gut, I'd say I relate to maybe 40% of what you write. You tend to write more factually or about the ESTJ type as a general, though, so there's not a whole lot of opinion lying around to soak in and internalize. Also, like most ESTJs, you don't exactly elaborate on your points ad nauseum. Your posts are pretty succinct.

The points we've agreed on most are our Fi being heavily involved in our political/moral beliefs and gaining energy from interacting with the world around us (giterdone).

Points we've disagreed on most is how we relate to Fi. You try to use it as a tool to live honestly; I use it to self indulge in cheap rushes.

On the whole, you come off a lot more conscientious and thoughtful of others than I am.

As to humor...I haven't seen your brand of humor on here. How is it different from mine? And I have no idea what introverted communication looks like. Mind being more specific about what makes for introverted/extroverted communication styles? I'm interested to know what types of patterns/tells you see to decide that.

And yeah...none of you people make new threads. So I have to zombify old ones. Man, some of them are OLD. It's like the mods put a ban on making new threads post 2010.

Also, I'm actually very sunshiney. Sort of. Maybe. Okay, I'm not really sure. Are we talking cheerleader sunny or Patton-facing-down-Rommel sunny?

Regarding the enneagram: I'm interested why you think nine or one for core while being dead certain on three heart fix.

Actually, I was typed 173 for about a year and a half. Never been anything but an sp though. My sx is practically non-existent. Sx-doms tend to be like flare guns in the face. Too much going on with them.

On an aside, I do find it interesting that despite both being female ESTJs we're pretty markedly different. I would have expected more resonance.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    Dunno. I ditched the enneagram two years ago and haven't given it much thought since. I was everything except 4, 2, and 9. And maybe 7. I don't dig LSD and glow sticks enough to be a 7. Also, the government doesn't hire 7s. Mostly 1s. Lots of 1s. And 8s, but they're kept sedated in between gigs, so we don't talk much.

I'm an sp-dom though. Sp/so.
    So that leaves 1, 3, 5, 6 and 8.

So a 3w2 is not you?

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    So that leaves 1, 3, 5, 6 and 8.

So a 3w2 is not you?
    capture.JPG

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Thanks for that symbolic answer. Since it is supposedly right up my alley. So you're an 8?

Thanks for that symbolic answer. Since it is supposedly right up my alley. So you're an 8?
    Yes. Man-child ftw.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Yes. Man-child ftw.
    And you're a project manager?
    Likes Sil liked this post

And you're a project manager?
    You have me confused for someone else.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

You have me confused for someone else.
    So you weren't that person who threw the milkshake in my face when I was up on stage?

@EJCC

Still want to hear about the introverted/extroverted communication styles. If you would be so kind.