User Tag List

First 65696104105106107108116156206 Last

Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2590

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

All Natural! All Good!

(x-posted from ISFJ thread) Please tell me if you identify with the following quote. Kindly do not search or otherwise look up where it's from . But I would like to know if you identify with it.
    I often describe my thought process as something similar to browsing wikipedia. Starts with one page, find an interesting term and go to another page. This then leads to more and more pages until I forget what I was looking up in the first place. Browsers have back buttons. My mind doesn't work that [way]. I often go off on weird tangents and then spend an hour trying to remember what I meant to think about initially.
    How often does something like this happen to other ISFJs? Or other SJs? It happens to me a lot, actually this is pretty much how I think all the time, and I thought it was a result of dom/aux Si but I am no longer sure.

Thanks, friends.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I dunno. It's kind of how I am when I'm having a conversation, but that's just because what I talk about is so incredibly stream-of-consciousness that I don't even associate it with a thought process by the end. More like a "conversation topic process", I suppose.

I'd say that my thought process is more like making an Excel spreadsheet. First, I enter in all the data that I know. Then I delete the data that's irrelevant, leaving me with just the "important stuff". Then I condense that to something user-friendly and easy to read, with captions and pretty templates, and I present it to others in that form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I dunno. It's kind of how I am when I'm having a conversation, but that's just because what I talk about is so incredibly stream-of-consciousness that I don't even associate it with a thought process by the end. More like a "conversation topic process", I suppose.

I'd say that my thought process is more like making an Excel spreadsheet. First, I enter in all the data that I know. Then I delete the data that's irrelevant, leaving me with just the "important stuff". Then I condense that to something user-friendly and easy to read, with captions and pretty templates, and I present it to others in that form.
    Ok. This sounds like Te filtering through an Si store of information. Is it Te that picks out what is the "important stuff" vs. what's irrelevant? Interesting, anyway. Thanks.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    Ok. This sounds like Te filtering through an Si store of information. Is it Te that picks out what is the "important stuff" vs. what's irrelevant? Interesting, anyway. Thanks.
    Reviving the thread again...

Yeah, I think it's Te. Didn't respond earlier because I wasn't sure. But I think it's the Si that stores everything, and Te that's decisive about what to deal with.

Anybody have any other questions?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

What do you guys like to watch on TV, if you watch TV?

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I don't watch a lot of TV. I don't have cable or anything, but lots of times I keep it on just for the background noise. I like nerdy educational shows quite a bit. I enjoy some sitcoms when I feel like turning my brain off. Also, trashy shows like "Maury" and "Cops" because I'm honest enough to admit that I'm not all highbrow, all the time.

Shows I've loved in the past, and continue to love, in no real order: Roseanne, ER, Frasier, Murphy Brown, Northern Exposure, Twin Peaks, The X-Files (purely because of the Mulder/Scully characters; no interest in the sci-fit bits).

I don't watch many movies-- I find a lot of them predictable in a not-fun way :rolli: and I have a problem with suspending my disbelief for that long . I have a Netflix subscription, but it is mostly used for watching documentaries and TV episodes.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    What do you guys like to watch on TV, if you watch TV?
    I love TV. I think I like TV shows more than I like movies, because I like that there's more time to develop a complicated narrative, and multifaceted characters. You really get to know people in TV shows, and you only get a glimpse in movies.

Anywho, here are my favorites...

Shows that I watched or once watched religiously:
    Treme, Dexter, House, The West Wing, Alias, Daria, LOST, Scrubs

Shows that I discovered on DVD and now am head over heels in love with:
    The Wire, Day Break, Veronica Mars, Firefly, Foyle's War, Sports Night, Dead Like Me, Twin Peaks ("DAMN good coffee!")

Shows that I watch whenever I see them randomly on TV:
    Star Trek TNG, Warehouse 13, Project Runway, Iron Chef (original Japanese version, not friggin Iron Chef America), Mythbusters, The Muppet Show, The Biggest Loser, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report

Sometimes I'll watch movies, but usually not, since I'd rather watch them on my own time, and without commercials.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

YYESSS, Mythbusters! See, it's a good thing that I don't have cable, because I'd do nothing except watch "Dirty Jobs" and "Mythbusters"! (Also, that "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" show on TLC because it scares the shit out of me. )

I also like shows where the characters are complicated and multifaceted, and there is a lot of long, complicated backstory.
    Last edited by sui generis; 08-13-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: add moar
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

So... I heard the ESTJ is supposed to be a great match for the INFJ... why is this? And what do you like about the INFJ?
    Welcoming-

Insightful-

Passionate-

Friendly-

ENFP, 9w1, sx so sp

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I like INFJs, at least those that I've known. They're good people. They're honest and passionate and they're more organized than INFPs.

Are my fellow ESTJs prone to having bad tempers?

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ