User Tag List

First 345

deleted

Some ISFJs seem to have a much higher zscore for poop talk along with other goofy tendencies.

This is interesting.

My now boyfriend ISFJ has an ENTJ mom who always talks about her bowel movements. It embarrasses and horrifies him to no end. He also hates when comedians have potty-humor or bedroom humor (unless it's more sophisticated bedroom humor) as he thinks these things are really immature devices and don't require much intelligence.

Actually, my ex-boyfriend ISFP and my brother INTJ used to discuss their bowel movements all the time. I wasn't all that into it, and don't like sharing poop-time. Haha...

I THINK NTJs like to talk about their POOP!!! ADMIT IT!!! ;-)

P.S. This is probably wrong, as I believe it's not truly type-related.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    My ISFJ MiL doesn't even like the word "crap" and "fart/poop" are the dirtiest words in her vocabulary, so bad she either avoids them or laughs nervously when she says them.
    Same with my (step) mom - although she will talk about bathroom stuff.

MBTI
    ISTx

I hate the topic of fart and poop.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    My now boyfriend ISFJ has an ENTJ mom who always talks about her bowel movements. It embarrasses and horrifies him to no end. He also hates when comedians have potty-humor or bedroom humor (unless it's more sophisticated bedroom humor) as he thinks these things are really immature devices and don't require much intelligence.
    I also hate comedians like that... I feel like they are just using "bad words" to get attention. I don't find bedroom humor witty, and thus not funny. Then I again, I tend to use very childish poop-humor to spice up some more witty jokes. It's fun to appear as an intellect and then say something very childish.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I think there are people who REALLY DO want more SJs on the forum (like me for instance) but you're right, I think are definitely people who would prefer to use this as their safe haven from the evil SJs who have oppressed them in life. It's likely those same people have been given much in life by SJs and are not very grateful for it.
    This is too true and I'd just like to say I've only ever had positive experiences with SFJs.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

The ISFJ I'm seeing once made a rather graphic compare & contrast between cats and vaginas. I remember the reaction of the group ranging between horrified silence and disgusted laughter. I think what made it the most hilarious of all was the posh tone of voice that delivered it.

...*bann'd?*
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    The truth is, not very many people actually want SJ's on this forum because they already know what SJ's think from the real world. It just eases their minds to say or think they want SJs on the forum since this is supposed to be a forum for all types. What's actually more important to them though is to have a special place where they can ridicule SJ's without guilt or blow off steam about them, especially xSFJ's cos they're the easiest.
    I bolded the part that is the most significant flaw in reasoning on these boards and probably elsewhere. Knowing an "SJ" offline provides little or no insight into anything significant about someone online who has the SJ letters by their name.

MBTI seems to bring out or reinforce some simplistic and prejudicial modes of thinking that show some very poor reasoning skills. It does not require much insight to acknowledge that each individual person is complex and has had long, nuanced, complicated set of unique experiences in their life. Even if MBTI was applied in a reasoned way (which it rarely is), it still has profound limitations. What happens more often is that people use it as a vehicle to project all their fears and disappointments about people from their small sphere of existence onto the whole of humanity. Just because someone is annoyed at their ESFJ mother, it doesn't mean they have a single insight into the thoughts or life of an ESFJ poster they meet online. When someone cannot make that distinction, then they stand far less of a chance at perceiving anything real online.

This thread is a testament to such things. If we want to add "poop talk" to our long list of MBTI prejudices, then the last camp it would fall under is ISFJ. Knowing someone in real life who talks about poop provides zero insight into how ISFJs think. Sorry. Life is a little more challenging than that.

This site needs more SJs, but it might make sense to get started without the label by your name so that people read the words in the post and not just project their imaginative fears and distorted ideas.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

talk about generalizing.

My ISFJ mom balks at the word fart so if we're judging by her (archetypal ISFJ) then the answer is a firm no.

I'm a mother of three with a dog so poop is a common word around here and despite what some people (who don't know me), type wise I am nothing like my mother. that being said I called my husband a fart knocker last night to which he responded by calling me a poopbuttfarthead. good times last night, good times.
    Time is a delicate mistress.