Allergic to Mornings Array ergophobe's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Fresh off the presses:

Drove several miles with the driver side door open. The car tried to tell me this in at least three different ways (red icon on dashboard, map lights on, actual door dangerously flapping back and forth. I can drive, I promise. Thankfully, I wasn't going very far.

In my defense, the work problem I was mulling over was important and I did solve it by the time I got home :-)

Don't know if this qualifies -- I also tried wishing all the women I know happy international women's day today. It's in March, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Fresh off the presses:

Drove several miles with the driver side door open. The car tried to tell me this in at least three different ways (red icon on dashboard, map lights on, actual door dangerously flapping back and forth. I can drive, I promise. Thankfully, I wasn't going very far.

That's hysterical!! I have driven around a lot with the trunk open, no gas cap, no oil cap on the enigne, left crap on top of the car, cant find the keys in the ignition and so on.

Does clumsy count here?

Yesterday I dumped an entire cup of coffee across my keyboard at work. new laptop in route as we speak.

Two days before that, I was getting ready to give a talk to about 150 folks at a conference. As I was getting ready in the back of the room, I didnt just drop, but drop-kicked my coffee cup like four feet in the air. It sort of slipped out of my hand, hit my foot, the cup flew up and coffee just slewed in a six foot arch across the room. I only hit three people.

I clamly surveyed the situation, stopped, and then left the room to pretend to find towels to clean up after that other clumsy person....retreat, retreat...

MBTI
    INTP

I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth while holding a glass of water in my left hand. Get a dab of toothpaste on my chin. The instinct to wipe it off immediately leads to left hand changing from useful glass-holding shape to toothpaste-wiping shape. New shape is somewhat less useful in helping cylindrical objects avoid the effects of gravity, and the glass falls to the floor, shattering.

"Oh, what's that? Something interesting on the news in the other room?"

A few minutes later I return to the bathroom, dwelling on the new topic, and promptly step in the pile of shards. Several months after that it occurs to me that maybe the constant throbbing pain in my heel is connected to the above incident.

And yes... the glass stayed on the floor, as a new obstacle to step around, for nearly a month.

Senior Member Array

I ended up with two pencils behind each ear, two in each pockets, and one in my hand as I was trying to pack the other day. I kept "losing" them...

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    XNTJ

lol sounds like me. It is getting late, so I was watching youtube killing time
    before I am absolutely drowsy, I don't go to bed before then because I hate
    lying awake, I saw a video that kind of scared me, not scary scary, but the
    so stupid its scary kind of scary, and I saw my ear bud cord rocking from my
    arm vibrating it as I typed since it was draped over my arm without thinking
    about it and I saw it move and jumped a mile high. Then I laughed because
    I felt as clueless as the video I just got done making fun of. (It was someth-
    ing I didn't expect to see someone I find annoying/creepy in.) My room is
    scattered with books from the classic days that are over 500 pages long and
    I'm still easily amused enough to see some irony in that...I make fun of a video for making me think a ditzy thought about it being stupid then I do so-
    mething stupid that makes me think 'how ditzy of me' two seconds later.
    you have all the power you need if you dare to look
    for it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lithograph View Post
    I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth while holding a glass of water in my left hand. Get a dab of toothpaste on my chin. The instinct to wipe it off immediately leads to left hand changing from useful glass-holding shape to toothpaste-wiping shape. New shape is somewhat less useful in helping cylindrical objects avoid the effects of gravity, and the glass falls to the floor, shattering.

"Oh, what's that? Something interesting on the news in the other room?"

A few minutes later I return to the bathroom, dwelling on the new topic, and promptly step in the pile of shards. Several months after that it occurs to me that maybe the constant throbbing pain in my heel is connected to the above incident.

And yes... the glass stayed on the floor, as a new obstacle to step around, for nearly a month.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member Array norepinephrine's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I've been needling the building manager for three weeks about the lack of hot water in the bathrooms (e.g."Wash your hands with warm water signs everywhere - but do we even have warm water? No.")

This morning I went to wash my hands and nearly scalded them. But it wasn't until I read an email from the building manager with a warning and how he was communicating with facilities about a more reasonable definition of "hot" that I realized that the water was no longer cold - in fact, it was boiling.

Went back half an hour later and scalded myself again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It's not a zero sum game. You're still a dork.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Meh, it seems like it would just be unsanitary to not scald your hands.

Man, that would be a sucky situation! I'm OCD about washing my hands after doing anything in a bathroom or kitchen, if I had to scald myself... Erg.
    () 9w8-4w3-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Senior Thread Terminator Array Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I was recently counting my till's money at the end of a shift at work, and no matter how much I went over everything, I kept ending up 20$ short, which is not the kind of thing that's commended. It wasn't until I dropped my keys on the ground that I realized I'd accidentally thrown two tens in the recycling bin with the rest of the unused paper bits. Hands down stupidest thing I've done in a long time. XD
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast