User Tag List

First 3341424344455393 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cherchair View Post
    My worst sensotard moment of 2008: Got up to pee in the middle of the night. Miraculously remembered to turn on the bathroom light, but didn't look where I was sitting and missed the toilet seat completely. I fell, hitting my head and shoulder on the bathtub. Hitting my head is never a problem--it's hard as a rock--but the force of the blow to my shoulder shattered it and I spent the next week in the hospital having to explain to drs, nurses and Social Services that no, I wasn't being abused by anyone; I was just a natural klutz. Then there were all the questions about whether I could "safely" live at home. Of course I'm not "safe"; I'm an N--with my thoughts always other than on the task at hand--and clumsy to boot, but I couldn't say that without risking getting incarcerated in a nursing home (fate worse than death in my mind).
    I had a similar nasty experience in 2007 while I was cycling home from work. My mobile phone rang and I pulled over onto the sidewalk to answer it safely. Well that was the theory, anyway. What I actually did was attempt to dismount before the cycle had stopped moving, causing my right leg to slip away under me, followed by the entire heavy bike crashing down on top of it. After a few dazed moments, I attempted to stand up only to collapse in blinding agony when my kneecap slipped out of place! I had dislocated it badly, and also snapped the Cruciate ligament inside my knee. Never did find out who was trying to call me BTW.

Two years and two operations later, I am only just starting to get the full range of motion back in my right knee. Definitely my worst Sensotard moment ever - but it taught me a valuable lesson about paying more attention to important things such as "speed" and "hard objects"!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Here's really a good one I kept forgetting and was just reminded of by a subway ad:

Grew up watching PBS and never realized that the "P" was the shape of a human head.
    I even asked my mother once why it had all the "stuff" on the back of it (back when the letter used to face forward). And she told me they just "put a face on it" and I still didn't get it (and I didn't even know what she was talking about, regarding "face"! It just looked like jagged lines to me). It was not until they reversed the letter P into the modern logo of a forward facing head all by itself.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...BS_1971_id.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...1984_Ident.jpg
    Eventually (more toward the present time); I finally got it, and wondered how I could have missed it all those years. (This after having to think why they reversed it; and then I took a good look at it and finally recognized one day!)
    Last edited by Eric B; 01-27-2009 at 05:25 PM.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Wow, not quite sure what that was, Eric.

Is this an Intuitard moment?

Not being able to figure out the reverse of something you already know. Here's how it went:

One teacher: Where do these molecular motions show up on the electromagnetic spectrum?
    Me: Infrared, I think.
    Teacher: Correct.

Other teacher: What physical phenomena can we find in the infrared?
    Me: Uhhhhhh.... Can't think of anything.
    Teacher: (The same) molecular motions.
    Me: Oh right.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I use an electric toothbrush with a rotating head. For the last three days, for some inexplicable sensotard reason, I keep removing the brush from my mouth before switching it off. Result: toothpaste splattered all over the bathroom and myself!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Another example of the sort I was trying to think of (seeing words scrambled).
    When I see the user name "usehername"; it reads "userhame" to me.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP

I forgot to buy cigarettes or smoke cigarettes for almost a week before I figured out why I was irritable. I make a very bad addict.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm still laughing about my ISTJ husband and his friend making a huge pot of chili last Sunday and putting ground cloves into it instead of chili powder!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

The day that Friday the 13th tried to kill a Sensotard.

Last Friday I went to go see a movie with my friends. Prior to this I had to go to the gas station. I go in and pay, of course I had no idea which pump I had pulled up to. I try to pump my gas. After failing horribly, I went back in to complain that my money was put on the wrong pump or something, which the teller assured me didn't happen. I then go out to my car go through the steps again and what do you know? I forgot to actually PUMP the gas.

Once we are at the theater I get soda and popcorn. I go to get butter for my popcorn. Once I'm upstairs and in the theater I realize that I'd set my coke down to get the butter and that it's still downstairs in the lobby. I go back to get it and it's still sitting there inconspicuous and unlaced.

Then we watch the movie. It "ends" with the two main characters kissing, or so I assumed as this is a probable ending. As I sit waiting for the credits to roll by and for some outtakes or something I realize that my friends have gotten up and are heading for the exit door. At this point I notice that the flashing lights are actually part of an alarm system and we have to vacate the building.

Once outside a friend of mine informs me that it's Friday the 13th and it's obvious someone was playing a practical joke.

Me:0 Friday the 13th: 45837

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Here's really a good one I kept forgetting and was just reminded of by a subway ad:

Grew up watching PBS and never realized that the "P" was the shape of a human head.
    I even asked my mother once why it had all the "stuff" on the back of it (back when the letter used to face forward). And she told me they just "put a face on it" and I still didn't get it (and I didn't even know what she was talking about, regarding "face"! It just looked like jagged lines to me). It was not until they reversed the letter P into the modern logo of a forward facing head all by itself.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...BS_1971_id.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...1984_Ident.jpg
    Eventually (more toward the present time); I finally got it, and wondered how I could have missed it all those years. (This after having to think why they reversed it; and then I took a good look at it and finally recognized one day!)
    On a similar note, I had no idea what character the Disney "D" was until I was close to 10. It was a fucked up G for all I knew...knowing that it was a Disney film... http://usrwww.mpx.com.au/~jazzyg/dis...isney_logo.gif Being a kid rocks.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

On any given day I have misplaced *something*

I've gone days without remembering to brush my teeth and then haven't remembered *if* I brushed my teeth until I checked the bristles. I've washed my hair two or three times in the same shower. Taken meds more than once (*not* a good idea) because I couldn't remember if I'd done it. If my mind is fixated on a guy, whew, I've walked into things, nearly started fires, fallen over tables, and scribbled on myself. I've lost water bottles while they were in my hand.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt