First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
    Like INTP says, it's just a generalization. I'm an INTJ and I like affection, though I usually have to make a conscious decision to express it.

Doesn't make me uncomfortable in the least, though. (It helps that my mother's side of the family is very huggy and generally expressive.)

Yeah I think that's a big thing with NT's, affection is usually a manual task rather than an automatic one, it requires us to consider the propriety of the situation a lot more than the more spontaneous types :3 Yeah I think that's what helped me too! My mother's side is one of the most affectionate groups of people I've ever met! Good to know that there's another one out there
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I'm at the point in my life where I don't care about bring unfairly stereotyped, people will have opinions good and bad. Yes I have that personal space bubble I don't like anyone but a select few intruding on. Yes people and social settings exhaust me. None of that means I'm not affectionate. Love language, it's probably quality time but I like touch, words of affirmation, gifts and acts of service too. I'm not cold or robotic, not in general and not to the people closest to me. Maybe you aren't an INTJ but maybe you are and you're just developing your other functions.
    Yeah that is a good point, I don't really care very much either to be honest with you, not many people in my real life have any idea about the MBTI, and the ones that do don't seem to really care about it, so it's unlikely that it'd affect much either way. I guess I don't agree with the stereotype in general, because I see so many Reddit or Tumblr posts detailing how INTJ's are robots, and that females and males alike find it hard to date us... But yeah, good points, I'll have to get myself re-assessed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Type profiles are nothing more than stereotypes, all they can do is to say what people of certain type usually are. It is true that usually INTJs(or INTPs) are more robotic than average(hence the stereotype on many profiles), but exceptions like us do exist. Not to mention that quite often those of us that are exceptions to most profiles and are more affectionate tend to hide it from most people.
    Yeah that is true, I guess they try to state things that are true for MOST INTJ's, or INTP's, but I do tend to hide it because a lot of people just think I am that way regardless, which makes it hard... I well, not that big of a problem I don't think, the people I am close that probably wouldn't care either way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Depends on factors of subtype, I'd say; if the Enneagram is being cross-referenced Fives will definitely express differently from Ones.

As far as physical affection, I want to give/receive it but I'm pretty reticent — which has resulted in my being out of practice on things as simple as sensual hugs. Fortunately, the ISTP I took on a date Sunday granted my request for a mulligan.
    Likes Obsidius liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    Unfortunately I think the stereotype occasionally fits me, but I think I just have random spurts of showing affection usually through doing things for people. I'm by no means touchy feely or expressive of my emotions though. I wouldn't consider myself cold or robotic but I've been told that I seem that way by a few people so I guess to an extent I am. The worst is when I have to comfort someone, it just doesn't happen, and recently I've been in more situations where I've had to comfort someone (idk I feel like it's death season, within the last five months three of my close friends lost a family member :/ and I was around every time they found out), luckily there were always people better at handling comforting than me so I didn't have to really do anything, but I felt really awkward not knowing how to simply comfort a person
    First look them deep in the eyes so that it shows you care and then give them a big hug
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
    Everywhere I go, every profile I read, it is said that INTJ's don't like affection, and that we have a bubble of "personal space"... If this is true for every INTJ but me, maybe I'm not one... I love affection, it dominates my Love Languages test scores every time, seconded by Words of Affirmation. Do any other NT's feel like they are unfairly stereotyped as being robotic and cold in terms of physical affection? Because I sure do...
    It's highest for me as well - or neck and neck with words anyway.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It's highest for me as well - or neck and neck with words anyway.
    Interesting, we're pretty rare
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    First look them deep in the eyes so that it shows you care and then give them a big hug
    Easier said than done for me. I find something like that really awkward (I usually end up saying useless things and patting on the back), but thanks for the advice, I'll attempt this next time :p

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Easier said than done for me. I find something like that really awkward (I usually end up saying useless things and patting on the back), but thanks for the advice, I'll attempt this next time :p
    It isn't easy at all.. The first time I did something like that, I had a legitimate panic attack XD But it's worth it
    Likes laterlazer liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I didnt say its easy :P However if you find someone who you can be more free in this regard easier, you might be able to do it and then notice that its not that bad after all. Now be a good little intp and realize that its just some irrational fear and nothing real to be afraid of
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read
    Likes laterlazer liked this post