INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

You two should form a comedy troupe.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

We're just jealous of your supreme organizational skillz.
    And natty cape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    Sounds about right to me. Ne, Ti, Fe and Si are ignored by the INTJ until they switch to a more "extroverted" mode of processing, wherein they basically become like immature ENTPs.
    perhaps this is more Se? Rather than something more cognitively extreme such as a shadow entp state?

INTJs always seem a bit more ....concrete...in their cognitive makeup. They are notably resistent to external influence, unlike other types, thus they dont (in my cummulative observations, aka my Si) seem to drop into this very negative shadow state, like Ne doms do. I have often speculated that their psychological defense mechanisms are more effective that some other MBTI types.

Also wrt to aphrodites commentary-INFJs seem more cognitively flexible than almost any other type, once past their Ni....Ni, Ti and Fe are always very obvious, even in text, but many have said they also feel as though they use Te a great deal and I strongly believe they can use Fi at times, based upon my personal interactions with INFJs. It makes sense that it might be a somewhat simplistic, primitive, roughly hewn use of these other functions-I admit to being wary in dismissing outright the claims of others, whose minds are not like mine. I do much prefer a symmetric cognitive model-but I dont think that is reality always across types given how certain types will feel the outer world in a much stronger way that others.....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    perhaps this is more Se? Rather than something more cognitively extreme such as a shadow entp state?

INTJs always seem a bit more ....concrete...in their cognitive makeup. They are notably resistent to external influence, unlike other types, thus they dont (in my cummulative observations, aka my Si) seem to drop into this very negative shadow state, like Ne doms do.

Also wrt to aphrodites commentary-INFJs seem more cognitively flexible than almost any other type....Ni, Ti and Fe are always very obvious, even in text, but many have said they also feel as though they use Te a great deal and I strongly believe they can use Fi at times, based upon my personal interactions with INFJs. It makes sense that it might be a somewhat simplistic, primitive, roughly hewn use of these other functions-I admit to being wary in dismissing outright the claims of others, whose minds are not like mine. I do much prefer a symmetric cognitive model-but I dont think that is reality always across types given how certain types will feel the outer world in a much stronger way that others.....
    Well, speaking for myself, while I am normally very resistant to any sort of outside influence, etc, under certain circumstances, when I'm among people I like and trust for example, and say I've had a few drinks, I can become very much like an Ne-dom. Maybe more like an ENFP, I'm not really sure though, it's hard to say because there doesn't seem to be much of either Fi or Ti. I certainly don't become dominant in the Te-Se way. I'm mostly just assuming ENTP based in theory, but the Ne attitude seems very much to become reality under the right circumstances. I don't know though, I could be wrong, these situations are rare enough for me that it's hard to properly analyze them.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    A respectable post thus far.

You're wrong in places, and your theory is bunk, but still a respectable effort.

You also agreed about Ni-Se, but then conveniently left out how this extends to Si-Ne, Te-Fi, and Fe-Ti.

Rather ironically, I think it's your lack of Te that is making you think you have Te.

Oh, well... c'est la vie...
    Since you keep saying I don't have Te, I thought I'd post why I think I utilize Te...

In general, I have come to think of Te as an information gathering function outside of oneself (whereas Ti is inside one's own mind). When Te works most efficiently, as I perceive it would in a Te dom or aux, millions of bits of data can be churned through quickly and thoroughly, and along with this comes speedy organization because the data will be better retained if it is sorted in an orderly manner, and The Te-er also usually multitasks well because we see their mental processes running concurrently side-by-side and this manifests as being able to efficiently do several things at once. Contrast this to Ti, and I think of Ti doms and auxes as being able to multitask mentally very well; keep track of many processes or structures at once, which is what enables them to come up with elaborate architectures for inventing, programming, etc. In short, someone who multitasks well externally is most likely a Te-er, and one who multitasks well internally most likely a Ti-er....

I'll use my Hartzler book to outline my test results (with 1 to 5, most being able to do it comfortably):

"I objectively define the scope of the problems." 5

"I set or identify measurable goals for my efforts and the efforts of other people." 4

"I logically determine sequences and priorities needed to efficiently complete a task, or manage a program." 5

"I communicate concisely and logically the steps necessary to reach a goal or solve a problem." 4

"I use logic to convince others to work toward goals or to accept my position in a discussion." 3

"I objectively organize the external world (people, time, space, and things) to achieve measurable goals." 5

"I turn effective processes and procedures into performance standards, rules, and reguations." 4

"I evaluate performace against meaurable goals and standards." 4

I tested on all the functions in this book, and got this order: Ni>Fe>Te>Si>Ne>Fi>Ti>Se

So, if you see Ti in me, it's likely because that is the nature of a forum, and it's more difficult to assess Te on here, especially as a more inferior function...
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    The Te-er also usually multitasks well because we see their mental processes running concurrently side-by-side and this manifests as being able to efficiently do several things at once. Contrast this to Ti, and I think of Ti doms and auxes as being able to multitask mentally very well; keep track of many processes or structures at once, which is what enables them to come up with elaborate architectures for inventing, programming, etc. In short, someone who multitasks well externally is most likely a Te-er, and one who multitasks well internally most likely a Ti-er....
    Interesting. I have very strong Te but absolutely HATE to multitask. I prefer to focus intently (intensely?) on one thing at a time, something I always considered symptomatic of Ni. I can orchestrate events remarkably well, but that is just the external implementation of an internally formulated plan. Now I wonder how common this is for my type . . .
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    InTj

Quote Originally Posted by plaminal View Post
    (Ummm.... I meant "resemble." No one tried to arrest me for this; what does it mean?)

I've been trying to learn more about INTJs. The descriptions say things like:

self-confident and sometimes seen as arrogant
    perfectionists
    may reject authority
    hard-working and reliable
    information gatherers
    imaginative
    insightful
    ambitious
    often spend a lot of time in their own minds
    not emotionally demonstrative

Are INTJs really like this? If you are an INTJ or know one very well, would you fill me in on the reality?
    Keep in mind that no-one is going to fit perfectly into the neat little INTJ box... I type myself as INTJ (based on the cognitive functions), and I am a sociable person. I smile. I'm aware that conceit is an easy trap to fall into, and I always try to respect others' opinion as best I can (playing the devil's advocate helps a lot).

There are certainly some largeer traits that we have in common... the ones you have named are susceptible to crop up in people like us.