User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I am actually good at being a girl even though I am a bloke. I think it is because I have been ineluctably drawn to girls all my life. I even read my mother's Women's Weekly magazines in order to understand women. So I understand women as a hunter understands the hunted. I understand how they think, I understand how they feel, so much so I can flirt with any of them. The hunter waits and watches and observes the habits and mores of the hunted. And the hunter becomes the hunted just as I become a girl.

And when I become the girl, I can follow her every movement, her every intonation, her every intention. And as I mirror her, she mistakes me for herself. But by then it is too late. I am too close. And as I close in, we both hold our breath together.
    Hm, the first few sentences sound nice, but the "hunter/hunted" metaphor makes it sound more like an ad for a "How to Stalk Women" course....

Show me that's not it...?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Hera, try looking at make-up the way you'd look at any creative endeavor (like drawing or painting) and realize it can a) be very fun to muck about with colours and try out the craziest things (you can remove it afterwards anyways <3) and b) it's an art in itself. It's quite a challenge to be good at it

Often the people with the least experience end up with pumpkin orange faces, ime (and hell, with all the confusing stuff out there, it's only normal )
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hera View Post
    A lot of people tell me that my personality is way too masculine, and it offends me only because the traits they're talking about are inherently human. Why is rationality, logic, or being stoic masculine?
    Because these characteristics are more commonly associated with males. People like to generalise and stereotype because it makes their life easier. If it is not one thing (female stereotypes), it is another (MBTI)...

There is always dissonance between behaviour and initial expectations, this is common no matter who you are. But the effect is obviously greater for those who are more likely to deviate from the norm. No one likes being placed in boxes by other people, but we have to expect that they will and commit to being ourselves anyway. If you don't like applying fake tan and make up, then don't do it!
    The cementing of our identity is something we all go through in our 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    Hera, try looking at make-up the way you'd look at any creative endeavor (like drawing or painting) and realize it can a) be very fun to muck about with colours and try out the craziest things (you can remove it afterwards anyways <3) and b) it's an art in itself. It's quite a challenge to be good at it
    Applying makeup is certainly a creative endeavour, but the fact is that you are still presenting yourself as an artwork. This is fine if this is who you are, but....

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Nobody says you have to wear it while going outside. Besides, you already *are* a work of art, both as a human but also through the clothes you choose, whatever your style is. It's already going to portray an image of who you are. I don't see the problem with actually following up on that with make-up. Additionally, many people who dislike the look of make up often refer to the make up that is clearly visible on the face and overdone. And..ironically, it's often people who don't practise this 'skill' that end up looking like that while often being part of the population that indeed *hates* that particular overdone look. It takes some insight and refinement to be able to pick the right products and apply them correctly and achieve a naturally enhancing look, instead of a painting on your face-feel.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating that everyone *should* wear make up. I'm just advocating that nobody who actually feels the need to wear make up (be it through peer pressure or through sheer attraction to what it can do), should have to feel awkward and frustrated when they actually *do* use it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned

I'm Not Good at Being a "Girl".

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

That's cool, you should just be who you are.

Sometimes I'm a little too good at being a girl, but it surprises people. Like "what did you do with Marm? Who is this pretty girl? Shall I take a picture?"

It's all relative. You are who you are. I do not think you are a freak of nature. I think you are simply not what society dictates to you to be a gender role. You are so much more interesting than that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I'm Not Good at Being a "Girl".
    Your icon and user title are fantastic.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I am actually good at being a girl even though I am a bloke. I think it is because I have been ineluctably drawn to girls all my life. I even read my mother's Women's Weekly magazines in order to understand women. So I understand women as a hunter understands the hunted. I understand how they think, I understand how they feel, so much so I can flirt with any of them. The hunter waits and watches and observes the habits and mores of the hunted. And the hunter becomes the hunted just as I become a girl.
    TBH, your writing style might be very N, but I don't think I've ever scanned you as female. (The "hunter/hunted" comments don't help much either. )

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Maybe they meant I'm like a geode...except with penises and vaginas instead of amethyst crystals.
    Thanks for that, I laughed out loud. At work.

A lot of people tell me that my personality is way too masculine, and it offends me only because the traits they're talking about are inherently human. Why is rationality, logic, or being stoic masculine? As a woman, I'm expected to be whiny, emotionally-driven, unfunny, and illogical. I'm sorry I can't live up to those very dignifying and natural expectations.
    I don't know what your particular environment is, but I think it's more about task-orientation (maybe not the right term, but I can't think of it at the moment) vs nurturing. Obviously a "woman" is whatever a woman happens to be and a "man" likewise (we are whatever we are), but I think people are less hung up on the strongly emotive and irrational aspects you describe as female here and more on that behavior that shows up more typically in females -- the same sense used when having a baby and raising kids. Even detached, rational, tough women are capable of exuding it, so it's not really about rationality vs irrationality although our culture tries to define it as such perhaps. I think T women are more apt to express it after having children, although not nearly so overtly as more emotive women.

Quote Originally Posted by Vala Faye View Post
    I'm just advocating that nobody who actually feels the need to wear make up (be it through peer pressure or through sheer attraction to what it can do), should have to feel awkward and frustrated when they actually *do* use it.
    There's a range of how makeup can be used, but I think often the best makeup is makeup one does not even realize is there... it just brings out the natural lines and coloration and enhances them. And for those who don't like having to wear it, that's probably the best of both worlds.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

figsfiggyfigs

I just don't understand why when I try to be a conventional girl it doesn't work out, it convinces others but I feel like I'm less me when I'm dressed up. You know? I only really do my hair/makeup for work.
    I'm the same way. I feel like I'm handicapped at being conventionally female when it comes to those things. I just can't figure out how other chicks do it.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    I'm the same way. I feel like I'm handicapped at being conventionally female when it comes to those things. I just can't figure out how other chicks do it.
    post a picture of yourself in your swimmers. preferably bikini.
    i'll validate you.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken