User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Comfort questionnaire.

1. Do you feel more comfortable interacting with one person, or a group?
    case a) familiar people
    case b) aquantainces or strangers

Please specify if you're extraverted or introverted.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with?

3. Do you feel comfortable talking on the phone all day?

4. Would you feel comfortable moving to a city where you know very few people?

I'll probably edit this and post more questions, but this is all I could come up with so far.

Ok! Let's do this...

case a) familiar people

I usually dislike interacting with just one person only. Most of the time there's kind of an unwritten people law that says you have to give that one person your undivided attention or whatever. I like being with one person if they don't expect me to be nice and engaging all the time (it can be really draining). If they want to discuss abstract ideas then I simply can't get enough. But if they want to talk about emotions or gossip, I'll zone out and feel like I just want to get away. If there's another person with us, I won't mind so much cause then they can chat and I can semi-listen and interject with little quips of whatever. I like this. It's fun and keeps people laughing (and me engaged). This goes for both familiar people and acquaintances/strangers. But I tend to feel more uncomfortable around people I'm familiar with.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with?
    Yes, sometimes more than with people I do have things in common with. I dunno, I guess I care less so I don't feel a need to "perform," but to just explore the interaction and see what limits I can push.

I feel very awkward and uncomfortable on the phone. I generally avoid it as much as I can. Thank goodness for texting!

I've done it a number of times and feel very comfortable.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

case a) familiar people
    Please specify if you're extraverted or introverted. Introverted. One on one, I do less well in groups. It makes no difference if I know them well or not.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with? Yes I can usually find something to talk about.

3. Do you feel comfortable talking on the phone all day? I worked in call centers for a long time so that has much to do with my answer. Comfortable yes but it is exhausting.

4. Would you feel comfortable moving to a city where you know very few people? Yes. I did exactly that and didn't have any issue. I actually loved it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENTP

1. I'm ok being with a group of strangers, but not ok being with only one stranger. I don't know why, I just don't like it. I never liked it.
    And with familiar people, it's the opposite, I'm comfortable with one familiar person, but if I go out with the same group of people I will get kind of frustrated.

2. I don't feel comfortable going out with people I don't have much in common with, unless they're fun and entertaining. But that would be something we'd have in common..sort of.
    I hate hanging out with people who watch a lot of TV, and talk about what's going on there... I don't know, I get very pissed when the commercials start. They're so fucking annoying, so I don't watch TV.

3. I hate talking on the phone, it's annoying. I had a roommate who talked on the phone a lot, even when he went to sleep, I guess I prefer talking face to face.

4. I get bored if I stay in the same place for too long, and I'm kind of uncomfortable with living in new places. So I always go with uncomfortable
    I like visiting new places, but living there...that's a totally different thing.

Being comfortable is somewhat on the top of my priorities I always had this need to be comfortable with the surroundings, with people, with what I learn, with myself. It's important.

MBTI
    ENTP

It seems that we've all worked in call centers

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Depends on the situation.

a) familiar people
    b) aquantainces or strangers

Familar people and acquaintances. It takes me a little bit of time to warm up to strangers.

I'm introverted. It's the one letter I'm sure of.

No. It's very difficult for me to sustain a satisfying conversation if no common ground is established.

It isn't so much a matter of comfort or discomfort as it is personal preference. With someone I know very well, it's not uncomfortable to talk on the phone all day, I just prefer not to do it. I don't enjoy talking on the phone that much. Usually, I call for a specific reason, get the info I need and hang up. In the rare instance I feel like just chit chatting, I prefer to do that in person.

Yes. Interestingly, this doesn't concern me that much. Its easy for me to meet people. Not so easy to make close friendships. I'm on the Internet so much that I do alot of conversing online and city doesn't matter.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    case a) familiar people

In all cases I would prefer one-on-one interaction. But in the case of strangers, it makes me pretty uncomfortable. I am introverted.

Not at all. Its very awkward.
    No. I hate talking on the phone. Most of the time when my cell phone rings I don't bother to answer it. My own mother has resorted to emailing me because she knows I'm more likely to respond to an email than a phone call. I am rather uncomfortable even speaking with professionals on the phone... Such as calling to schedule a doctor's appointment or calling some sort of tech support. I don't like it.

I have done this several times... And honestly, yes... But thats because I never really know many people in places I have lived for years anyway. I don't need more than 2-3 friends.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

case a) familiar people

1 person. Groups intimidate me and shut me down. Its better if I know everyone, but still some unease.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with? Generally no, unless they are interesting in some way.

3. Do you feel comfortable talking on the phone all day? No. I avoid the phone and find it disrupting. Occasionally, I can talk a long time when I haven't talked to a good friend in a long time or getting aquainted with a new romantic interest.

Not really, which is odd. I had forced moves several times when I was a kid/teen and I hated it. Now I get restless and want to live in new places. I recently moved to a new city again and hardly know anyone.
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

case a) familiar people

I'm an introvert(INTP). I definitely would prefer a one on one conversation as opposed to groups in all types of different situations. Group conversations just seem to exacerbate all my self-conscious tendencies of questioning whether am I being listened to or not, whether my contributions to this group worthy, or whether I actually "fit in" or "belong" there. I just feel intimated in large settings.

2. Do you feel comfortable hanging out with people whom you don't have things in common with? No. I don't really see a purpose to it, but it's one of those things I deal with quite commonly. Without that foundation of some type of common interest, you end up repetitive cycle of spurts of mundane chatter that exists only to fill that awkward silence between the pauses, which leaves me in a state of complete boredom. I'd just rather not communicate with someone at all than be forced to partake in idle chit-chat only for the sake of being social.

3. Do you feel comfortable talking on the phone all day? No. I have a hard time maintain interest in extended phone calls, which usually ends up with me conjuring up some type of face excuse to get off the phone, or just not answering the phone in the first place.

4. Would you feel comfortable moving to a city where you know very few people? Yes, I'd actually prefer to move somewhere where I knew no one. Being anonymous produces a feeling of freedom to me, as it alleviates that pressure to live up to or conform to certain expectations set by others.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

case a) familiar people

I am introverted and feel more comfortable with one person instead of a group, and prefer familiar people.

No, because I don't know then what to do / talk about and it gets all awkward.

No, don't think so.

Well, I don't know many people besides my family in my city anyway although I am born here, so it does not matter too much.