User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    There is an admirable economy to questions that provide their own answer.
    It would be nice if you provided any evidence to the contrary. I'm not saying that they are all at least somewhat intelligent, I just want to understand how someone could be dumb with these features. Intuition allows people to understand and produce theories. This could cause someone to come up with a stupid idea yes. I might say, it would be a great idea to teach hamsters to ride motorcycles, but then as an NT my thinking would tell me it is unfeasible as hamsters are very small, not particularly intelligent and their bodies are not designed in the right shape. I want to know how an NT can, for example, not think any intelligent thoughts and not rationalise crazy thoughts. I am open to being proved wrong, but that is not what you have done.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I know type is supposed to have little effect on intelligence, and I know not all NTs are supergenius's. But seriously, with N giving innovation, abstract thinking, forward thinking and seeing patterns and T giving logical planned decisions and ideals based mostly on what's rational, how can someone honestly be dumb?
    Easily... in my opinion being "dumb" is not a result of just one issue it's a manifestation of many. A person can be ignorant, meaning they have the wrong information or no information about a particular subject, which hinders their ability to make the correct associations between cause and effect. So if you combine their ignorance on a variety of subjects with arrogance, laziness, and the inability to ascertain what subjects one is ignorant of and which subjects one is not you get a "dumb" person.

The kind of person that believes their opinions are fact based solely on their grandiose view of themselves and their self perceived ability to think logically. Unfortunately ability without knowledge produces the same - if not worse result - as having no ability at all. So the way I see it ignorant people aren't always "dumb" but having a natural ability with problem solving and critical thinking doesn't guarantee that you won't be either.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

It would be nice if you provided any evidence to the contrary.
    I'm expected to be both nice AND intelligent, now? Oh, the strain of NTness!
    It's a little much to expect me to be stupid just to prove your theory wrong.

Not to mention, redundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ

Whatever. But it seems a little immature. I'm just asking a question.

And to the other answerers, thank you for the input.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

It would be nice if you provided any evidence to the contrary. I'm not saying that they are all at least somewhat intelligent, I just want to understand how someone could be dumb with these features. Intuition allows people to understand and produce theories. This could cause someone to come up with a stupid idea yes. I might say, it would be a great idea to teach hamsters to ride motorcycles, but then as an NT my thinking would tell me it is unfeasible as hamsters are very small, not particularly intelligent and their bodies are not designed in the right shape. I want to know how an NT can, for example, not think any intelligent thoughts and not rationalise crazy thoughts. I am open to being proved wrong, but that is not what you have done.
    So you're saying that you've never thought of a crazy idea and just acted upon it? Making blue custard? Frying a guitar string with electricity? Pressing buttons out of sheer curiousity? Smashing a giant vacuum tube with a hammer? Anyone and everyone can be stupid. Logic + imagination can't always simulate the chaos that is reality, sometimes you have to be stupid in order to learn.
    5 3 9

Most people see me as brilliantly smart

So naturally they are surprised when I tell them I dropped out of school

I can be stupid when it comes to "file cabinet knowledge", but nobody surpasses me in creativity and wisdom

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I know type is supposed to have little effect on intelligence, and I know not all NTs are supergenius's. But seriously, with N giving innovation, abstract thinking, forward thinking and seeing patterns and T giving logical planned decisions and ideals based mostly on what's rational, how can someone honestly be dumb?
    Well, type is correlated with intelligence, so we don't know that it's supposed to have little effect. I would say, however, that it's probably the other way around: Intelligence has an effect on type.

Nevertheless, NT combined doesn't automatically make you smarter than everyone else. Statistically, INFs have higher IQs than than ENTs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

All this really does is allows for aptitude, you don't -have- to be a genius if you're an NT (Now go to the NF forums and leave us geniuses alone *Snooty Nose-Turn*) Honestly, intelligence is a measure of how well you can comprehend information, retain information, as well as retain comprehension of said information. Also, get a wide vocabulary, and everyone but the hyper-cynical jerks will think you're some kind of genius. Also, the reason why INFs probably have a higher intelligence than ENTs is because Is are more likely to be bookworm hermits (For some reason or another) and that helps. Then again, that's like min/maxing stats.
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

How can an NT be stupid?
    Below is Bill O'Reilly versus Leonard Peikoff. O'Reilly is an ESTJ, Peikoff is an ENTJ. Indeed, it takes a special kind of intelligence to make Bill O'Reilly look like the reasonable party. [YOUTUBE="JoAWCwm-UXw"]ESTJ and ENTJ[/YOUTUBE]I'm not saying that ESTJs are smarter than ENTJs. I could have done the same thing with Noam Chomsky (INTP) comparing America unfavorably to Nazi Germany, or Hitchens (INTJ) and Dawkins (INTJ) clamoring to arrest the Pope. Silliness, I tell you, silliness! This is the occupational hazard of being an NT-- building an abstract architecture of ideas and arrogantly, and even fanatically, defending it like one's child. There's not enough feeling to give other perspectives their due weight, and there's not enough sensation to notice the contingencies involved in our life situations.

Enough of that video. I can't stand the torture.