User Tag List

First 123

For me:
    Si sees backwards-what worked well before, what was problematic in the past
    Ne sees forward-what could work in the future and uses the Si past to identify new wasy to combine information and generate new possibilities.

I dont see the present for the most part.

A fun NLP experiment.

1. close your eyes (after reading this of course)
    2. Imagine next Christmas. Imagine last Christmas.
    3. Identify where are they located with respect to your body.

For some folks they are front to back, some are spread discretely in front of them like a timeline. Everybody differs a bit.

For me, the past is actually in my head, right behind my eyes. Events far in the future-long term plans-typically career changes, educational goals, family plans, anything big and planned-are distinctly about 8 in in front of my face, but delineated cleanly. Short term events-all squished together right in front of my forehead. Somebody is a last minute planner for the little stuff.

Supposedly by learning to take this visual map and modify, you can become more efficient at how you plan-almost like you learn to perceive time differently perhaps?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    For me:
    Si sees backwards-what worked well before, what was problematic in the past
    Ne sees forward-what could work in the future and uses the Si past to identify new wasy to combine information and generate new possibilities.

I dont see the present for the most part.

A fun NLP experiment.

1. close your eyes (after reading this of course)
    2. Imagine next Christmas. Imagine last Christmas.
    3. Identify where are they located with respect to your body.

For some folks they are front to back, some are spread discretely in front of them like a timeline. Everybody differs a bit.

For me, the past is actually in my head, right behind my eyes. Events far in the future-long term plans-typically career changes, educational goals, family plans, anything big and planned-are distinctly about 8 in in front of my face, but delineated cleanly. Short term events-all squished together right in front of my forehead. Somebody is a last minute planner for the little stuff.

Supposedly by learning to take this visual map and modify, you can become more efficient at how you plan-almost like you learn to perceive time differently perhaps?
    wow. i just did that, and I felt like I was traveling light years in distance, through a worm hole, in about 3 seconds! (going forward for future, backwards for past)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I would just like to state my preference for black holes because they manage to screw both up in interesting and unfathomable ways ^.^

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

INTJs can reign over all the eons with their almighty accomplishments and ENTPs can expand throughout the furthest depths of space.

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I tho do not understand how Ni and time is connected. I thought in the case of my girlfriend that her demand for time efficiency is a Te thing but given the strongness it has in her that cant really be true, if she's supposed to be INFJ.
    She's a J. She's drawn to completion, plan and execute. If you say let's eat. She'll make sure the eating thing is done.

Not sure my life reflects this theory though. I am drawn to both visual arts and music. Always have been and tend to have more talent for the visual arts. Drawing, sculpting and metal smithing are where I have my most natural abilities. Although I enjoy music I'm not a natural musician at all. I suck quite badly at it even though I like it.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The INTJ master of time is:

And the ENTP master of space is:

@jontherobot was telling me in the below post from this thread that types such as INTJ and ENTP could as far as functions go share an elegantly interconnected relationship.
    A few days ago I had a passing idea that the inferior function's opposite is the theoretic last preferred/least developed function. Since, the concept has grown slightly in scope.

The implications are as follows:

ENTP - Ne/Ni/Ti/Te/Fe/Fi/Si/Se

ISTP - Ti/Te/Se/Si/Ni/Ne/Fe/Fi

INFJ - Ni/Ne/Fe/Fi/Ti/Te/Se/Si

ESFJ - Fe/Fi/Si/Se/Ne/Ni/Ti/Te

The secondary function set is perhaps actuated by extenuating circumstance, such as stress at work or being placed in an unfamiliar/uncomfortable situation. I know in my case when under stress, I become less of a Ti user and more of a Te user, but not an inefficient Te user... also in line with my thinking is that I am highly insusceptible to displaying Fi, perhaps making it my last theoretical preferred function.

An example of external thinking would be an ENTP undergoing relationship troubles, attempting to Ni signs out of every gleaning spot of information available. It is not a preferred modus operandi, but exists nonetheless.

I suppose, if you'd like to weigh in, consider the opposites of your dominant through inferior functions and how/when you actually use them, presuming you do. Can you relate at all to this? Are you aware of theory already in this vein? I've heard Socionics has an opinion of shadow functions similar to mine.

@RaptorWizard, this would also explain why you get ENTP and INTJ at varying rates, eh?

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Yeah that sounds right. Maybe this explains the INTJ death stare. Maybe INTJs vision is omnipresent. Maybe INTJ is..god.
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~