User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    eNTP

Yeah. yeah, i have about 10 people I would trust with my life. a bunch more acquaintances, too, but not friends..
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by chasingAJ View Post
    I have very few people that I call my friend. I find that I have more people that call me their friend.

Odd

I think that is 1. great and 2 SO INTJ....

Not really, I think. I only have five people in my life that I'd call a "friend".
    I do however, have loads more "in the attic" that I can just call up and befriend, easily.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I wouldn't say I have many friends. In fact, I only have one right now, but I do think it's a friend forever kinda thing. I've got many aquintances, I got plenty of people to visit.

In the past I've had other good friends, but mostly lost contact with them. Only one friendship I have seems to transcend all that change and just sorta sticks.

One good friend is more than I wish for. So I am thankful.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP

i used to...only 3 or 4 really close ones. now i only keep in touch with 1.
    i moved to a different country and am still learning the language so its difficult to make friends

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I wonder how long NT's keep friends for...
    my 'best friend' average life span ranges about 2-3 years. 4 years, tops. off and on.

most of them have been only children. go figure.
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    i used to...only 3 or 4 really close ones. now i only keep in touch with 1.
    i moved to a different country and am still learning the language so its difficult to make friends

my 'best friend' average life span ranges about 2-3 years. 4 years, tops. off and on.

most of them have been only children. go figure.
    interesting, it's not that I fall out with best friends, some I do, but they do change... life changes and they end up in the past.... although I got looked up by my best frend at high school fairly recently, and a lass I went to Uni with... All good fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Does my fingers count?
    no, cos they're not the ones doing the finging
    5 3 9

Phantonym

Friendships are kind of strange for me. I don't really miss people even when they're regularly visiting my thoughts.

People come and go. I notice the life spans as well, mostly 3 years, and then people fade from sight. They linger on in the mind on and off but not so strongly to turn back to the previous state. As a result, I have an ever-changing circle of people hovering around me but no-one is close enough to me to be called a "friend" in my book. More like good acquaintances.

I've never been the cafe-hopping, secret-sharing, gossipping kind of girl and never will be. However, I do have two people whom I could consider to be the closest thing to "friends". I've known both for over a decade and even though we meet maybe once a year, we can pick up from where we left off without feeling awkward. I like that.

Yes and no.
    I have a lot of people I'm friendly with and that I hang out with when I go back and visit my hometown. They're friends but I don't share a lot of my thoughts with them.
    I have a couple of friends that I can share most of my thoughts with, they're who I consider my true friends.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Riva

A lot of people consider me to be their friend. But I although call them friends really don't in my my call them friends.

Maybe because i have been let down by some of them. I learned a lesson a hard way.

"You cannot depend on a friends when you fall in deep shit"