• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which INTUITIVE type is most likely to get FRIEND ZONED?

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think being put in the friend zone has very little to do with type, actually. A lot of it has to do with whether the person is willing to tolerate it or not. When a guy is around a girl, he has to assert that he's not going to allow her to use him simply as a tool to make her life more convenient or entertaining. If she sees you as someone she can take advantage of, she might just take the opportunity. Not all women take advantage of men, of course, and certainly a lot of men take advantage of women too, so I guess this goes both ways. I guess my point is that if someone is in the alleged "friend zone" it's because they allow themself to be. If someone is going to just string you along, they're probably not worth being with in the first place. Then again, maybe that form of thinking is why I haven't had all that many successful relationships.

It's true that certain personality types are more inclined to tolerate this behavior than others...For example, I couldn't see most ESTPs or ENTPs really standing to be friendzoned. But in the case of any type who refuses to tolerate this behavior, I think, that will radiate and they will not be friend zoned, even if the person is not interested in them.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Either I'm attracted to you or I'm not.

Men go immediately into the friend zone or "other" - Other, indicating some intangible possibility. With the Others, I may be friendly and treat you with special deference as I would a friend, but I'm not their friends. I don't date friends. You can't convince me to like you more than I already do. That chemical reaction has to happen without my consent.

There is an ENTP and an INTP out there with whom I shall never be just friends and they shall never be mine, and we treated one another in this manner because the attraction always reared up no matter what social band-aid we applied. End of story.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You know, I totally know what you mean here, but for some reason, I think this is really hard for a woman to understand (or admit to understand).

Which if you think about it, thats pretty great. To live a life so carefree and fun based. Which is why I aspire to (continue to) live the male version of this life. haha (well right after I get some serious studying done the next two weeks). Im gonna try friend zoning girls blatantly too, to see their reactions. (although, when I do it blatantly and unknowingly, it has led to some drama situations or unfavorable situations), but i want to try to frame all women in this sort of immediate classification for a while, kinda just for fun for a bit. haha. after all, its the 21st century! =D

MN, interesting take on "flipping the script" would be interested in seeing/hearing/reading how it works out for you.

If you are serious in this endeavor I would recommend this book on this flipping the game mindset Amazon.com: Pimp: The Story of My Life (9780870679353): Iceberg Slim: Books. Naturally you’re not going to apply these acts literally but it is a counterpoint of the Average Frustrated Chump (AFC) or submissive male. Also an interesting read about race relations mid 20th century, adaptation as well as lots of action.

capricorn009

Lol, I'm one of those ENTJs that has a lot of friends, but not many close friends (that still
live close enough by anyways, lol) but I guess I like it that way because it leaves more op
enings for new chapters in my life. Lol, the Brad Pitt was pretty funny, I'm a female ENTJ
so I get compared to Reese Witherspoon on an almost daily basis, because I'm one of tho-
se ditzy ENTJs.

capricorn009

The way I view friends is that people who are still around when everyone else is not is a
friend.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The way I view friends is that people who are still around when everyone else is not is a
friend.

I swear, I was simply out buying cigarettes. But sometimes I get confused, cities are so darn big.

blizzy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
ENFJ - ... Very good listener

If by very good talker, then yes. If being competent at something means that you have an understanding for the for the process, the energy involved, and the result of an activity, then ENFJs may be the most competent at talking of all types. The INFJ is probably the most competent listeners of all.

That being said, I agree with the general notion that INFP may be most likely to be friended.

The INFP's brother type, the INTP will not waste their time as voluntarily once friended. The ENTP is a friend zone candidate, but the transient nature of following life's outer possibilities is to their advantage. The ENFP has the advantage of the ENTP with a tertiary Te for validation: a powerful tool at stepping in to impersonally organize the environment when it does not settle right with Fi. The INFP is certainly capable of such, but it would require much more provocation to surface.

In general, the xNxJ types are less willing to let their environment control them and should -by nature- be more difficult to be willing to be placed in the friend zone. This is especially true since Ni is expert at forseeing implications. Perhaps the tertiary Se of the ENxJ types could get in the way by one "getting in the moment" when around someone who has friended them, but that is unlikely with Te/Fe being the capatain of the ship. I would think INxJ types would just flat out not put up with the friend zone: their primary focus is on their inner world and they interact with the outer world by putting it into proper order.

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
I'll tell you who I have friend zoned and why
INTJs- the uggies, and nerdies
INFP-the needy ones, ones who talk too much
(by the way I disagree with the gay thing, WTF? depressed yes, gay no.)
INTP- the boring, uggies, and nerdies and dull
ENTJ-the control freak! freind zoned, dont even get near me!
INFJ- the ones who talk too much, are too verbose, redundant...zoned, or used as psychologists, or to have sex with
ENFPs- ones who are too hyper
ENFJ- the cocky ones, know it all's, the sex freaks- zoned when try to control me
ENTP- the sex freak-dumped on the street, cocky bastard,
the constant comedian-friend zoned

I think the introverted NF's, and NT's are more likely to get zoned, at least by me...

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFJ- the ones who talk too much, are too verbose, redundant...zoned, or used as psychologists, or to have sex with

I think you need to revisit the definition of a "friend zone".

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
ENFJ- the cocky ones, know it all's, the sex freaks- zoned when try to control me

I think the introverted NF's, and NT's are more likely to get zoned, at least by me...

This post is as retarded as it is offensive and misleading.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm going to go with NFs here as opposed to NTs.. NFs fit into the friend zone because they are so friendly HAHAHA and because they are confused by bounderies and what they want

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

this hurts my e-feelings :cry:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

This post is as retarded as it is offensive and misleading.

Hm.
ENTJ is saying to ENFP that he/she is rude towards other people.

I guess there is a first time for anything.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
a theory for the OP

NT men are causious to date, they take their time in selecting a potential victim of their attention and they never do seemt o pull their finger out (the addage of the girl who has to stick her foot out to trip an NT passing bloke and then jump on him)... they are slow

Women are not always patient, and yes they assume if he was itnerested he would have made his mind up by the time they have had 2 conversations if he is interested, but he didn't make a move so he can't be interested, therefor he is just being friendly, therefore will put him in the friend zone

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
The difference with ENTP compared to, let's say INTP or INFP (my type shifts to any of these 3) is that ENTP is able to assert early that he somehow likes the person, and do it more smoothly, even if it's stated in a cryptic perceiver way of stating things.

At least the recipient gets the immediate impression that she is being liked more than a friend, even if the interaction takes ages to progress because of the ENTP's lack of guts.

A girl who knows that you like her can give you more flexibility in the courtship process, as compared to being told by the person that what you have is strictly friendship, which possibly happened because the guy didn't have an early assertion.

Yeah, that's pretty accurate.

I haven't been friend-zoned since high school........because after that I stopped wasting time on chicks who clearly weren't interested.

And if you're interested in a chick who isn't interested in you........interest yourself in her best friend.........or her sister.

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP

Sex freak, cocky bastard, constant comedian?!

I'm not a constant comedian.......

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's all about personal perspective, the two rationals least likely to be friend zoned by me are two that you claim most likely (and often the ones who whinge about always being friend zoned themselves), it's all about what an individual is attracted to.

INTP - actually, any NP (INTP, ENTP, ENFP, INFP) is the best prospect to be friend zoned. NP is the broad-minded archetype. Only that, INTPs are probably the most assertive. It's like talking to Dr. Phil. You know that the person sincerely wants to help you but there's always a question of whether he's sympathetic enough in his delivery. Half of the crowd will like him, half will hate him, and it's another story as to girls are so into him.

INFP - the quintessential FRIEND ZONE archetype. Is it just me or are most INFPs depressed? I mean, quite seriously depressed. They're supposed to be the psychologist/personal prozac archetype, but they're as capable of telling other people a truckload of their problems as much as the other problematic person. Prejudice aside, the male INFPs that I know are too feminine (depressed feminine to add to that), I can't get off the gay connotation in there.

*drools over the INxPs* :wubbie:

This probably sounds stupid, but I wish I got friend-zoned more often.
I'm tired of losing friends when they realize I'm not romantically inclined towards them.

I agree, but as a female that's just what happens =/

This may seem dismissive but what women say and what happens in the field are two different things. In other words often a man will ask a woman how to seduce another woman and she will tell him to give flowers and candy. This, unless the guy looks like Brad Pitt, will likely not work.

Flowers and candy huh? Life is not a Disney movie, don't get your dating hints from one.

Jesus :shock: 'friend-zoned' sometimes means 'dodged a bullet' :huh: