• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] I am going crazy

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
I am going crazy.

I consider myself multifaceted. I know alot of things, about alot of things. I can read people like books, with little to no knowledge of them. I can pick up instruments fairly quick, and pretty much learned guitar on a whim. I can shoot guns pretty well, compared to most people shooting much longer than me I am far more accurate. I know many "fun facts" and am decently knowledgeable about various topics I care about, which is to say more knowledgeable abotu them than 75% of people, but pwned by masters lol.
I have morals, ideas and beliefes which change, accourding to evidence. I have a good girlfriend. I am a "celtic punk" and love the music. I consider myself a freethinker. I look one stereotype (baddass punk kid), act another (Intellectual). I am analytical and obsessive, but it has allowed me to prosper on almost anything I have ever put any effort towards. I am great at starting businesses, but never anything considered "a real job" (NOT selling drugs either lol) I hero worship characters like House M.D., Roland Deschain, and Sherlock Holmes.

And i am going apeshit crazy. In the in-between times that I am not obsessing about ONE thing, I obsess about all of these.

It gets to the point where I walk around in a daze, feeling like I want to Spartan kick the next ignorant self delusioned dumbass, or emo stripped sweatshirt wearing sheep person, down a giant ass Spartan PIT.

I also start thinking about how I am wasting life, I only get one, and that i could die at any time. I never stick with one thing long enough to do everything i want with it, but during the period of time I obsess about it, ill do everything i want, so im limited/ not limited. But if my period of time runs up...then i suddenly dont care about it anymore.

And it is driving me crazy.
Its like im spending my life trying to find the ONE thing I do that I will use to define me.
Like a "Musician" that does all these other things
Or a "writer" that does these other things.
And i know people are more multi faceted than that, but i mean a large defining thing.
I need a purpose. I yearn to use my talents for SOMETHING.

Bligh...I have forgotten the face of my father (Plus 10 points if you know that quote)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good for you :coffee:

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Right, forgot to ask a question at the end...watching Instinct with Anthony Hopkins on Netflix.

Er.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?
Has anyone ever found something that "completed" them?
Is this just neurosis that should be ignored?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Crazy and you accessorize with a giant knife. Awesome.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Crazy and you accessorize with a giant knife. Awesome.

Crazy like a fox :rock:

its more like internal neurosis than a black lab telling me to murder people.

But it still makes me one sad banana :sadbanana:

Haha i just had to put that in there looking at it...

My orignial intentions for the post, though i rolled a 1 and failed, was to try to see if other NT's had similair neurosis when it comes to this stuff.
Anthony hopkins keeps distracting me, and im tired as shit.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I think it would be a Chihuahua in your case.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7

My orignial intentions for the post, though i rolled a 1 and failed, was to try to see if other NT's had similair neurosis when it comes to this stuff.

You think too much

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
You think too much

Thank you for the one possible useful post, coffee drinking smileys and Chihuahua's aside.

I do probably think to much,

The thing is, i feel like im being a hypocrite by saying "look at all those people who use outside stimuli to distract themselves from having to think" and then purposfully distracting myself.

I need a process to think things over with so they dont get all muddled, ive found even with the simplest issues there is so much to consider.

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Thank you for the one possible useful post, coffee drinking smileys and Chihuahua's aside.

I do probably think to much,

The thing is, i feel like im being a hypocrite by saying "look at all those people who use outside stimuli to distract themselves from having to think" and then purposfully distracting myself.

I need a process to think things over with so they dont get all muddled, ive found even with the simplest issues there is so much to consider.

Too much of anything is not good for you, burrito.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Getting a good night's sleep always gives me a more optimistic perspective on things. Maybe you just need some rest. :)

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What you're feeling is perfectly normal. I recommend The DaVinci Method -- in your case just for getting that sense of normality, not that you need to be unblocked. Also, you kind of sound like you're going through the 30-year crisis in psychology or first Saturn return (which is actually more like 29 years) in astrology; if so, that would just add to it. Since you're too complex to be defined by any one thing, maybe try defining yourself as a polymath? Regardless, I wish you the best!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You sound like you are on the verge of making life stage decisions. A bit fo a mid life crisis if you like (don't know how old you are) ....It sounds like you need a new adventure, perhaps kids or travel.

Don't throw out the baby wiht the bath water - if you choose to make some big changes, keep hold of the things you do value and the ones that give you security...

Listlisness is normal for people when they are in need of new stimulation.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Uhm... whot's the problem?

Define yeurself by ONE thing? No wonder yeu're going crazy. Yeu're judging yeurself by other people's standards. The people yeu hate. Seriously, WTH.

Yeu are someone who values knowledge and many things at once, yeu are not a one dimensional character, and yet yeu chastise yeurself for this?

Uhm... 'kay? So yeu aren't single dimensional, boring, dull, bland, and fail like 80% of the human race. And because of this, yeu feel bad. Because yeu don't suck like the people yeu hate, yeu don't feel happy. Because yeu do not value these horrid opinions, and then judge yeurself by them, yeu are sad when yeu do not meet these values yeu don't even hold.

I know violence is normally frowned upon, but seriously, yeu need slapped.

*WHAP*

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow, uh, let me step in here for a second, as this thread is on NT overload. :newwink: hehe

As a child and in high school, I was into anything and everything - in fact I was a part of (I think) about 15 activities spanning a wide range of topics, including:

Irish dancing, theater, yearbook, cross-country skiing, drama, peer tutoring, CYC, campus ministry, lector, altar server, fooling around with the guitar and piano for the hell of it (not seriously), Who's Who, pen pal correspondence in foreign languages (Spanish, French, German), teaching myself German, Religious Ed volunteering, church bazaar (also chairperson).

In college, I started focusing on what was important for me, which included:

College Republicans (developed the constitution for the club, which had just started), political activities, German club, Russian club

Now that I'm in Germany, I don't really participate in a lot of clubs anymore because I don't have time. :cry: That will probably change once I get a new job and have a LIFE again.

For the moment, I'm focused on working out at the gym, got my translation certificate, etc.

Once I have more time, I think I will look at participating in some kind of volunteer work or something to help people outside of work. I'm also going to look at attending classes to learn new things because the whole translation certificate was a great challenge.

However, I wouldn't be too worried. Being interested in lots of things does not make you a flake - it makes you an intelligent, bright person who is just interested in lots of things, a well-rounded individual who can probably hold him/herself well in a conversation and has a bit of experience on several different levels. That's never hurt anyone.

If you feel that all these interests are a burden on you, that's something else. Unfortunately, life usually restricts our time to the point where we are forced to set priorities and change those priorities to meet various needs. So if you think you are too 'scattered', at some point you'll have so little free time, so you'll HAVE to choose what is important for you.

Regarding intellectual interests, you shouldn't be ashamed of that either. In high school I loved every subject except math. That spanned the whole range of natural sciences, social sciences, languages, psychology, philosophy, history, etc. In college, you have to focus because you have a limited amount of courses, but the libraries are usually amazing, so you have more than enough reading material to concentrate on other things as well. I wish I had used this opportunity more at the time instead of wasting my time on frivolous shit. Oh well, we all mature....

Hope that helps. Don't think you're weird. It's normal to have lots of interests.

:hug:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I am going crazy.

I consider myself multifaceted. I know alot of things, about alot of things. I can read people like books, with little to no knowledge of them. I can pick up instruments fairly quick, and pretty much learned guitar on a whim. I can shoot guns pretty well, compared to most people shooting much longer than me I am far more accurate. I know many "fun facts" and am decently knowledgeable about various topics I care about, which is to say more knowledgeable abotu them than 75% of people, but pwned by masters lol.
I have morals, ideas and beliefes which change, accourding to evidence. I have a good girlfriend. I am a "celtic punk" and love the music. I consider myself a freethinker. I look one stereotype (baddass punk kid), act another (Intellectual). I am analytical and obsessive, but it has allowed me to prosper on almost anything I have ever put any effort towards. I am great at starting businesses, but never anything considered "a real job" (NOT selling drugs either lol) I hero worship characters like House M.D., Roland Deschain, and Sherlock Holmes.

And i am going apeshit crazy. In the in-between times that I am not obsessing about ONE thing, I obsess about all of these.

It gets to the point where I walk around in a daze, feeling like I want to Spartan kick the next ignorant self delusioned dumbass, or emo stripped sweatshirt wearing sheep person, down a giant ass Spartan PIT.

I also start thinking about how I am wasting life, I only get one, and that i could die at any time. I never stick with one thing long enough to do everything i want with it, but during the period of time I obsess about it, ill do everything i want, so im limited/ not limited. But if my period of time runs up...then i suddenly dont care about it anymore.

And it is driving me crazy.
Its like im spending my life trying to find the ONE thing I do that I will use to define me.
Like a "Musician" that does all these other things
Or a "writer" that does these other things.
And i know people are more multi faceted than that, but i mean a large defining thing.
I need a purpose. I yearn to use my talents for SOMETHING.

Bligh...I have forgotten the face of my father (Plus 10 points if you know that quote)

Right, forgot to ask a question at the end...watching Instinct with Anthony Hopkins on Netflix.

Er.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?
Has anyone ever found something that "completed" them?
Is this just neurosis that should be ignored?

Yes.
No.
Maybe.

I have the same feeling as you that with all the little things I do that I never take the time to focus on one thing that I could spend my future with.

But recently I've come to the conclusion that that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's a valid alternative for the one-job-for-a-lifetime-lifestyle that most people seem to have. I realized that the only thing I want to have steadily in the future is an income, and I reckon that, while it is easier with a degree and a regular career, I can manage to get a steady and good income without those. I still want to finish university as I find it a stimulating environment. But hey, after that I just might as well become a sheep farmer or a writer instead of a business executive or an engineer.

BTW. With all the astrology posts and people asking your age, may I take a guess that you are 21 years old?