User Tag List

First 1234 Last

A depressed ent probably looks like a willow.

Quote Originally Posted by m32 View Post
    A depressed ent probably looks like a willow.
    hehe, beat me to it. But we still could include a picture .

Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yes. Just an overwhelming ennui; a feeling that nothing satisfies and why should it? It's all pointless and meaningless anyway. The more one throws oneself into exotic, mysterious, energetic, expensive pursuits, the emptier the soul seems to become, the bigger the smiles and laughs on the outside. Often bad Si takes over, and one seeks to establish oneself as a pillar of some community or family, though no matter how much one embeds oneself into any community, one never truly feels part of it - no matter what the opinion of its other members. Trying to feel something, but just dead inside. I'm afraid a truly depressed ENTP might not even seem depressed at all on the outside, because they'd be doing their best to avoid having people fussing over them and offering help that they then feel guilt tripped into accepting, but which they know is useless.

Just can't attach to anything or anyone. Seems to be a hive of activity, but is not actually even attempting or thinking about doing the things that they know they truly want to do, deeming them pointless, like everything else, and doomed to failure.

ThatGirl's cycles seem familiar as well.
    Holy crap, yes. Every single word.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

very interesting. Would someone be able to provide an example or scenario of one of the things described?
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    very interesting. Would someone be able to provide an example or scenario of one of the things described?
    It's really an internal thing. And besides the obvious physical risk taking, it manifests itself in a general emptiness. There was a thread about it:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ntp-ennui.html

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

For me:

-Taking it in...
    -Accepting your helplessness for the moment.
    -Deny feeling better about yourself at the moment, because that would seem too simple to do.
    -Changing your view for the moment - from the great world ahead of you, to the little haven around you. All the simple things you couldn't have appreciated (otherwise) occurring to you.
    -Dire loneliness. Want to talk to people.
    -Steadily coming out to acceptance to the way things are at the moment, getting used to it.
    -Asleep.

... Yeah.

MBTI
    INTP

Are you still talking about me? Don't worry. I'm busy not depressed. When I'm ready to emerge you will hear about it. I will make Donald Trump look like Mother Teresa. Just kidding.

You will make yourselves depressed if you spend too much time on threads like this. You need to get out more.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Are you still talking about me?
    I thought they do talk about me
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I'm afraid a truly depressed ENTP might not even seem depressed at all on the outside, because they'd be doing their best to avoid having people fussing over them and offering help that they then feel guilt tripped into accepting, but which they know is useless.
    This's something I noticed awhile back, it used to drive me crazy that people didn't even seem to notice or pay attention to the fact I felt like crap. After a bit of experimentation though, realized it was totally due to the fact that I didn't even look or act that much different from normal.

Trying to instinctively hide it to a degree seemed to be natural so now I try to go significantly far out of my way to at least let people know I'm in a bad mood so that they can help. Though honestly, whot I consider to be "obvious" is... "subtle" at best for anyone else. Being slightly snippy at comments, a little more reserved than normal, and generally pushing people away isn't all that obvious when it's done via subtle methods. Have to be careful not to go too far and say stuff yeu'll regret later is the problem, so it tends to be far less drastic than people expect.

This's assumming of course that yeu're even TRYING to show this off. If yeu're trying to hide so people don't make a big deal over it (ie in a public place or where people don't know yeu) then it'll be near impossible to notice. I hide my frustrations and such quite well in public, in private with someone I trust though it can still be difficult to be 100% sure. There's a few small things people have noted for online only though

Lack of smily faces
    Sense of humour seems to dry up
    Excessive use of "..."

...Yep that pretty much seems to cover the extent of it >.> Were there other people I would not be comfortable knowing that I felt bad though, or 'friends but not close friends', I wouldn't ditch my problems on them or let them know anything was wrong.

In a position of leadership of some sort, if others are relying on me, then I won't let them see anything at all wrong either, it's only after the crowd has cleared out and a trusted friend's left behind that I'll break down once noone else will see it. My problems are my own, if yeu don't need to know about them, then yeu don't have any reason to be even implied they exist.

If I don't trust yeu enough to fix them, then I don't trust yeu enough to even know about them either.

It's kind of weird that way. Very doublestandardish but oh well.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

*presently reading the ennui thread*
    So...
    A depressed ENT would not resort to punching things or bouts of hysteria or threatening to kill family members or self?
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt