First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    ENtJ
    Enneagram
    8w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Yeah, ENTJs don't like their influence and power being undermined... for some strange reason.
    It's not that we don't like our influence and power being undermined... It's just that we think we're right about our specific interests and that most everyone else isn't. :P
    However, INTJs can sometimes be insightful, even if cold and logical beyond all belief. That's useful. I like my INTJ friend when he talks about things that are pertinent to me somehow and make sense.
    "Yet, the right act
    Is less, far less, than the right-thinking mind.
    Seek refuge in thy soul; have there thy heaven!"

MBTI
    INTJ

Fuck, i don't care.

I was like, people dislike INTJs? And then I was trying to remember if there are any people who dislike me. And then I had to remember that, yeah, there have been. Which was a bit of a surprise. Remembering it was the surprise. Being disliked, well, jeez, when someone dislikes me, I'm like, well, okay, that's that finished with then. And it's off to find another way to make happen what I wanted to make happen.

See, the only time dislike is an issue is when I have to keep working with that person. And I'll put a fair amount of effort into not having to be near or help or work with people who actively don't like me. Passive dislike isn't that big a deal, but people actively working to stop whatever is supposed to work, them I don't need to be near. And if they're actively fucking with the project, then the project is over, and I'll find another way to do it myself.

And then I forget about it. I could say i don't care, but mostly it's I don't think about it any more. Because problems aren't unsolvable. If there's a problem, it can be fixed. (Of course, in real life, this is not true, but who cares? It's my approach and I assume it by nature.)

In recent times, like in the last twenty years, I remember being upset once when someone didn't like me. It was some kind of turf thing. He was an ES of some kind, I think, and when he took a dislike to me, he really took a dislike to me, and I had to live in the same building.

ooo, wait--maybe there're more bones in the closet. See, INTPs seem to worry me too. they're competent thinkers to be respected, but when you're outside the circle, you're outside, man.. and there's something I do that always sees me be on the outside. My supervisor in university was INTP. I don't think he ever liked me.

I don't expect he ever will, really. Not in a way I recognise. Sad, I guess. But that's just another thing that won't work. Which isn't a boundary or a limit. Because everything has a solution. Which isn't true, but so what? It's my approach and I assume it by nature.

What? Dislike is a live issue? What are you people, feelers?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Fuck, i don't care.

I was like, people dislike INTJs? And then I was trying to remember if there are any people who dislike me. And then I had to remember that, yeah, there have been. Which was a bit of a surprise. Remembering it was the surprise. Being disliked, well, jeez, when someone dislikes me, I'm like, well, okay, that's that finished with then. And it's off to find another way to make happen what I wanted to make happen.

See, the only time dislike is an issue is when I have to keep working with that person. And I'll put a fair amount of effort into not having to be near or help or work with people who actively don't like me. Passive dislike isn't that big a deal, but people actively working to stop whatever is supposed to work, them I don't need to be near. And if they're actively fucking with the project, then the project is over, and I'll find another way to do it myself.

And then I forget about it. I could say i don't care, but mostly it's I don't think about it any more. Because problems aren't unsolvable. If there's a problem, it can be fixed. (Of course, in real life, this is not true, but who cares? It's my approach and I assume it by nature.)

In recent times, like in the last twenty years, I remember being upset once when someone didn't like me. It was some kind of turf thing. He was an ES of some kind, I think, and when he took a dislike to me, he really took a dislike to me, and I had to live in the same building.

ooo, wait--maybe there're more bones in the closet. See, INTPs seem to worry me too. they're competent thinkers to be respected, but when you're outside the circle, you're outside, man.. and there's something I do that always sees me be on the outside. My supervisor in university was INTP. I don't think he ever liked me.

I don't expect he ever will, really. Not in a way I recognise. Sad, I guess. But that's just another thing that won't work. Which isn't a boundary or a limit. Because everything has a solution. Which isn't true, but so what? It's my approach and I assume it by nature.

What? Dislike is a live issue? What are you people, feelers?
    +1

MBTI
    INTJ

It's like being asked to be knocked off the fence, though, isn't it, saying one doesn't care about being disliked?

I think it's a past tense thing. Looking into the future, I really won't be looking forward to being disliked. But there's a basic thing about cooperation that I value. And it's a bit like I have to say, well, people cooperate or they don't. It's that famous criterion: "does it work." Taking into account that I don't have the desire or the dishonesty to focus on making people like me rather than having something to work together on.

That being said, it'd still be fairly bleak to look into the future and see only dislike. Something would have gone really wrong then.

Banned

^Agreed, though I really don't care when it happens (most of the time). I would much rather get along with people than not and I generally just walk away when I find out someone doesn't like me. It doesn't hurt me unless it's someone that I really believed to have been a friend. The rest of the time it's just an inconvenience. I doubt most people are even aware how little I care about being disliked, in general, as I do go to some effort to avoid confrontation. If I do get into one, it's generally over very quickly and I get over it even more quickly.

MBTI
    XNFJ

My theory - most people don't get to know INTJ's well enough to decide that they like them well enough to hang around with, because INTJ's are too busy reading books and developing theories and all that INTJ stuff they do. They only let a few people close to them, and when they reveal themselves, they are complex creatures that are difficult to fully understand. Basically, it's their choice to be loners - they don't much care about making friends or impressing people (at least not the INTJ's I know - my husband and one of my BFFs are both of that persuasion.)

I if I remember correctly long ago there was a Poll on INTJf about age.
    And it turned out that over half of the forum was below 20 and large part of the other half wasn't much older.
    While INTJs in this forum are over 25 by a large degree, at least that is how it seems.
    (just a thought)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    Logically, I don't see much of a reason for it, except that perhaps people get too emotionally distraught over our cold humor? Maybe we're a bit biting in our wit, but I don't think we deserve the reputation of being cold, hostile, completely emotionless, analytical, and evil.

Slightly cold, a bit maniacal, repressive, controlling, logical, maybe.

Thoughts?
    Yes.
    You did not pose a question.
    You made a statement.
    Well done.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    We're not cold.

By the way, weren't you planning to kill yourself or something? What's the hold up?
    You sir, are a bitter man. lol

Riva

the weird thing is INTJs seem to hate other INTJs more than they hate any other type.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...east-like.html

Even INTJs don't like their species.