User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Social manipulation:

- with the usual suspects (my gang of neighbourhood kids), I set up a court/trial system to deal with conflicts. Yes, I was the judge.

- to make $, I forgoed the Lemonade stand idea, and saw these girls making threaded bracelets. I set up a bracelet-making competition, with the winner being the one who made the most (and best) bracelets. They won all my Halloween candies (the leftover cheap-ass lollipops that I never ate). And, as soon as school ended for the summer, there I was, with a bracelet stand. One of the girls was so pissed when she saw I was selling 'their' bracelets, that she demanded I give them back. I got her to the point of so much frustration, and that's when I slipped in, "I don't think you really want your bracelets back enough...if you did, you'd buy them back" She did. All of it. Fastest money-making scheme of mine to boom, to date.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

seriously, let's have babies. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    seriously, let's have babies. *sigh*
    I feel like my parents didn't appreciate how awesome of a kid I was, though. Did you guys have a similar experience? My INTJ dad was slightly more understanding than my ESFP mom, natch, but both treated my ingenuity as more devious behavior that they were worried about than signs of a brilliant mind.

We'd totally be more understanding of our Amazonian tribe of uber-NT babies. (My roommate just now: "What if you accidently had some SJ babies?" Me: "We'd kill them.")

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    (My roommate just now: "What if you accidently had some SJ babies?" Me: "We'd kill them.")
    not to cut in on your courting, but if i had a SJ baby, i'd raise it to be my insurance for old age.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I grew up in an SJ household. I got smacked around a lot. So, yeah... my antics weren't appreciated. But I got in trouble mostly for my constant stream of questions that they couldn't answer. At some point, they just gave up and stopped acknowledging me altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by marmandahalf View Post
    I feel like my parents didn't appreciate how awesome of a kid I was, though. Did you guys have a similar experience? My INTJ dad was slightly more understanding than my ESFP mom, natch, but both treated my ingenuity as more devious behavior that they were worried about than signs of a brilliant mind.
    My dad's an ESTJ and my mom, INFP. My mom was actually quite supportive of my inquisitiveness. They reached a breaking point in Grade 5**, when there was a discussion of 'kicking me out'. My mom's statement, "There is NO way you are failing out of Grade FIVE!!!" I think that's when she became a hard-ass with me. Which led to worse rebellion. I don't think it was easy for my parents.

** I was a talkative kid (I know, big suprise), and I had this one good friend in Grade 5, and we finally got placed to sit beside each other. I was told to stop talking by the teacher. Didn't work. We were separated. I upped it to passing notes. Told to stop. Didn't work. We were moved across the room from each other. That got me mad, so, one day soon after, at the bus stop, there was this deaf person that handed out those sign-language little booklets (with all the alphabets) to collect for charity so I got my mom to buy that. She was so touched I wanted to learn sign language.

Learned it. Taught my friend. And, we started 'talking' using sign language, using just the alphabets as sign language. That, I guess, was when my teacher had had enough.

And....he put me at the back of the class, got a cardboard box, cut out one face of it, made me sit at my desk, and used that box as blinders around my desk (like one would a horse) so that I couldn't see ANYTHING in the class...except this little cut-out window on the front face of the cardboard that he measured for me to see only the blackboard (and his fat ass) at the front.
    I used the whole time to draw cartoon comic-strips all over the inside of the cardboard, filled with talking bubbles...making fun of the teacher.
    Needless to say...this was the straw that broke my teacher's back, and his case was that this was a final in a string of evidence that I'm too disruptive to be manageable in a regular school environment.

I believe, that cardboard box thing he did - was straight up, child abuse! It's like, I can't fight fair, so I'll imprison you. Horrible asshole! The kids stayed away from me.

Whatever. My parents had learned that the more they force me to obey, the more I'm gonna find ways to work the system. So, my mom was perceptive enough to reach me at a level where she fed my curiosity rather than putting the flame out. I was very good at following rules when she'd give logical justification for them....she and my dad learned.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    See, even as a kid, as much as I could con the other kids, I'd never touch an animal. I loved observing animals though, and learned that one had to be quiet as a mouse to let them go about their natural business. I loved finding the 'source' of a line of ants (where are they going?), where the birds hid their nest (and how, and how many babies they had - my tree-climbing skills helped here). This is more personal than NT, probably.
    Well I was really young when I did that, and it was more an accident than a deliberate attempt to hurt the frog. I was also fascinated by animals (which is why I had the frog in the first place, because I trapped it), and I remember being fascinated by the way Orioles and Catbirds nested. I swear I don't abuse animals .
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

When we went to the library in school to get books I always got nonfiction books.
    I would pace and think during recess.
    I once tried to prove a teacher wrong about there being a smallest number (but in the end, I was wrong).
    I figured out division on my own after seeing it be done once.
    I actually knew how to play (and did so regularly) the pokemon card game.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    I actually knew how to play (and did so regularly) the pokemon card game.
    I used to play Pogs (anyone remember that game?)...and got a mini-tournament of champions going in my school (yes, again involving $, i.e., gambling)..**

** another of the evidence brought up for the case to kick me out in Grade 5.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I used to play Pogs (anyone remember that game?)...and got a mini-tournament of champions going in my school (yes, again involving $, i.e., gambling)..**

** another of the evidence brought up for the case to kick me out in Grade 5.
    Ha! I collected Pogs but never actually played the game ('cause I was the only one that had them, lol).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness