First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    I don't know. I think....I think I may be likable. And...that's probably what gets me by. That and I'm smart, good at seeing outside the box, good at seeing all sides of a situation, good at finding solutions, and I'm nice to people I don't know (so, pr I guess). Otherwise, I have a tendency to be lazy, to wait until the last minute, to improvise (again, wouldn't work except my IQ is pretty up there), and I'm *nearly always* late. luckily I've managed to cut it back to exactly-on-time-but-some-times-up-to-five-minutes-late. Which is way better than my elementary school days of being an hour late. Otherwise. Dunno. It may come to bite me in the a** when I need job references but this is my first professional job.
    Yea, smiling your way through the day is a good method.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by briochick View Post
    I don't know. I think....I think I may be likable. And...that's probably what gets me by. That and I'm smart, good at seeing outside the box, good at seeing all sides of a situation, good at finding solutions, and I'm nice to people I don't know (so, pr I guess).

This rings bells briochick - also I know I have to be J at work (I score 80+P) so i am generally about the stuff I know it matters to be J about - usually around issues I'm passionate about or stuff I know that if I dont sort out I will drop myself or others in the shit - and I compensate by being totally P in my private life - which does cause problems - though it helps that I'm married to somebody who is more P than me!!

Being very introverted too doesnt help - I still have days when I am very absent minded and distracted and I get easily embarrassed about this - I dont know but I'd imagine enfps/entps can laugh this off better?

So work often feels like acting in a straightjacket and is a very very tiring act to keep going - on holiday now I love the freedom to be myself without apology and recharge my batteries before starting over again in the new year.

I do often think that life would be easier as a J or is that just a case of the grass is greener...
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post

What is intersting is that J types are accused of control freakery - yet P types get very controlling if you upset their apple carts.

Good topic

Lis
    This is so true. Sometimes you can be so unscheduled that any type of schedule can throw you into a hissy! I'm that way sometimes.

"WHAT! YOU WANT ME TO GO TO WORK A HALF HOUR EARLY! I WAS DRINKING MY COFFEE."

lol!!!

But those are my own issues.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Hur. I don't?

When it comes to homework I always put if off until the last minute, assuming that, "Oh, I'll get it done during first period, in time for second." I overestimate my capabilities and realise that 1) The piece of homework was harder than I thought and 2) My brain can't possibly operate that well at 9:00AM. So I either do nothing and hope the teacher forgets to ask for it, bunk the lesson, or do a really messy job.
    Um, yeah.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I'm 90% P, and I'm almost inapt for work. (and sometimes, almost stakhanovist)

MBTI
    ENTP

SnS - indeed, thats exactly what I mean - I had a challenging experience with an ENTP before Christmas, because he wasn't in total control of the situation he freaked out completely.

Tayshaun - it seems we are in agrement of the likely causes of ADD.

briochick - I fully understand if the meds help you, but I fear a lot of parents are simpy doping up their kids rather than applying good parenting. The whole time poor financially rich culture is not of the benfit to good quality child development.

L

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by bronte View Post
    This rings bells briochick - also I know I have to be J at work (I score 80+P) so i am generally about the stuff I know it matters to be J about - usually around issues I'm passionate about or stuff I know that if I dont sort out I will drop myself or others in the shit - and I compensate by being totally P in my private life - which does cause problems - though it helps that I'm married to somebody who is more P than me!!

Being very introverted too doesnt help - I still have days when I am very absent minded and distracted and I get easily embarrassed about this - I dont know but I'd imagine enfps/entps can laugh this off better?

So work often feels like acting in a straightjacket and is a very very tiring act to keep going - on holiday now I love the freedom to be myself without apology and recharge my batteries before starting over again in the new year.

I do often think that life would be easier as a J or is that just a case of the grass is greener...
    nice to know I'm ringing bells. They always do make pretty noises.

I too, can be pretty J when I need to be.
    But, I'm often absentminded, often forget stuff. I guess I've just learned to laugh most of it off. I used to get totally embarrassed but one day I realized that I could laugh or be mortified and I just decided to laugh (probably a bad explanation of an epiphany, sorry about that). I can feel quite restricted at work and I'm lucky that I pretty much work by myself (as a teacher it's just me and the kids most of the day) and I think that helps *a lot*.

I live for the weekends when I'm free to do whatever I want in whatever order I want at whatever pace I want. My motto for traveling is "nothing is required of you except that you don't compromise your values."

I really don't think Js are better off. I don't think hard Js get to see the world with much wonder.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Hur. I don't?

When it comes to homework I always put if off until the last minute, assuming that, "Oh, I'll get it done during first period, in time for second." I overestimate my capabilities and realise that 1) The piece of homework was harder than I thought and 2) My brain can't possibly operate that well at 9:00AM. So I either do nothing and hope the teacher forgets to ask for it, bunk the lesson, or do a really messy job.
    Haha that sounds like me, I'm just thankful that even my sloppy last minute work got good marks.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I figured the most important thing is reliability. If they know they can count on what you say, your work can be absolutely bad, noone judges you for that because at least you hold on to your word . I worked together on a project with an ESFJ and it was pretty fun. He encouraged me to bring in new ideas, but corrected half of them because he did want to do it another way. I am fine with that, I get paid by hours .

In university its different, there you actually have to learn the J organisational structure. Especially when you study engineering, you have to learn things like product managment, which includes developing a project from the idea to the finished product. There are all sorts of steps you have to go through until the end and alot of instruments you can use in the process. Its pretty boring to learn all that, but you have to because in the end you have to write a test about it. Well, I manage, somehow.

I think if I do all the things now, I mustnt bother myself with them in the future again.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm a very high P scorer always (somewhere above 90% every time ) and HATE the working world.

I suck at being structured, I often lose scraps of paper with important things written on them and I'm terrible at getting people thier phone messages. I asked a coworker a while back why the bosses don't hate me and haven't fired me because of these ineptitudes and the response I got was- "well, you're really hard to hate, you're charming and know how to work that. You also have a very good sales record because customers like you as well."

I guess, in the end, I use charm instead of the skills I'm supposed to be able to exhibit, but at least I have something to help me get by!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett