• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and others: what feelings does this song evoke?

Chancelade

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's play. Listen to this song: what feelings does it evoke? What do you associate it with?

Those who know the source, or any background information: it doesn't matter here. I know it's a soundtrack :)

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For some reason, the first two things that came to mind when listening to it were: 1) the Kill Bill movies, and 2) a mafia don

As for the feelings this song evokes in me: depression, with a hint of fear. :aquiver:
Or maybe I've been watching too many horror films lately...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's like a whole scene in the cobblestone streets in the rain...with some sad girl sitting on a bench and walking dwn the street and bending down to pet a dog then this guy comes up and starts to dance with her ( like this cool contemporary art style) and she's resisting and he keeps pulling her back and she crys and can see the love in his eyes and dissolves into him.

not exactly what you asked for but that's what happened. i'm a visual thinker haha

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
it's like a whole scene in the cobblestone streets in the rain...with some sad girl sitting on a bench and walking dwn the street and bending down to pet a dog then this guy comes up and starts to dance with her ( like this cool contemporary art style) and she's resisting and he keeps pulling her back and she crys and can see the love in his eyes and dissolves into him.

not exactly what you asked for but that's what happened. i'm a visual thinker haha

Well, it's certainly a whole lot more interesting than what I thought of! :D Awesome visualization!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, it's certainly a whole lot more interesting than what I thought of! :D Awesome visualization!

haha hey thanks i wish i could explain it better...i can never translate what i see/feel very well.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
haha hey thanks i wish i could explain it better...i can never translate what i see/feel very well.

Nah, I think it's fine as is. :) I was able to visualize it quite well just by reading it. [I've always had a soft spot for anything poetic. :wubbie: ]

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
alright just asked the infp bf and first response was. boredom. it makes me feel bored.

i told him to stretch...and he said okay...like defeat. like a detective that lost a case...looking for a kidnapped girl...and he's leaning up against the brick wall. it had just rained. the streets are shiny and wet and he's smoking a cig feeling depressed and defeated...like a failure.

i did read mine first...so...i think he decided to try and visualize it after.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hm. I typically like Yoko Kanno, but have to admit this one is a little slow for me. I like the singer's raspy voice but did not really like it in this particular song. It seemed slow and dragging when I listened to it without reading the lyric translation. It feels like it's reaching towards something deeper and more passionate and just doesn't get there. Kind of mournful, regretful, angry. Dissonant at times. It reminds me of prison, lost chances, betrayal. Kind of Les Miserables style. Reading the lyrics, I think it does a good job at conveying the meaning, but I have to admit that I don't really like the song overall.

AngelLight2012 said:
depression, with a hint of fear.
Lady X said:
depressed and defeated...like a failure.

Definitely get both of these. Nice visualization [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]!

blurry

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
For me this feels like something decaying slowly over time...like a mountain face slowly eroding. Or that shot from The Diving Bell and the Butterfly with the iceberg slowly crashing into the sea...

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A raindrop hitting a puddle, its ripples never meeting the puddle-edge, but stopped by the next drop.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I decided to listen before reading the lyrics or other posts. I got a picture of an old man in a bar, and he's sitting in a booth by the window on a gloomy evening. It just stopped raining, and the windows are spattered with raindrops reflecting the streetlights that are flickering on along an empty city street. The man sits alone and remembers a woman he loved, a woman he still cares for, feeling bitter about how their relationship fell apart.

I get remorse, bittersweet reminiscence, and a feeling like the best parts of someone's life are in the past.

Not sure if that's what the OP is asking for. I often get a visual impression that goes with a song, and it feels like half of the story.

What did you feel or think when you first heard it, Chancelade? Or would you like someone to post a new song for you to react to?