User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Can anyone help me settle whether i'm INFJ or INFP?

I have only gotten INFJ as my result in both a sketchy as well as an "official" test. and I relate to the description of INFJ more than INFP I think....

but I can relate to some of the INFP descriptions too..

I just don't want to be someone who "wants to be INFJ" but is actually unknowingly INFP... which apparently is a thing? Not that theres anything wrong with being INFP, of course. I just can't tell if I actually am a judging type, or if I just answer the questions that way because I would like to be, or something?

also, in the "official" test, my judging preference was only "slight"

The one thing that makes me pretty confident that INFJ fits better, is that I am convinced I am an extroverted feeler.

for instance this: "Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others."

rings incredibly true for me. But, I don't know, I'm semi new to this. Any thoughts?
    “My dear friend, I am so happy and have sunk so deep into the feeling of calm existence that my art suffers under it. I couldn’t do a drawing now, not a line of one, and yet was never a greater artist than I am in these moments.” -- Goethe, 10 May, The Sorrows of Young Werther

ndovjtjcaqidthi

You're not giving us much to work with?

But you have a Sorrows of Young Werther quote in your sig, which SCREAMS type 4/INFP, so I'll go with that. : P

So you seem to at least have a basic understanding of the functions. Just continue reading as much as you can about them.

Try to determine which is your inferior first.

Point of advice: don't ask members of a typology forum to type you.

When you know, you'll know.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If you ever find yourself saying something out of character just to make the other person's day wonderful, then very likely, you're an Infj. In most cases, an Infp won't say anything out of character, in fear of feeling or being seen as fake, or even, believing in certain things too strongly.

On the other hand, if you believe the world revolves around you, then there's not a shadow of a doubt you're an Infp
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous

Society

if a red pill was unavailable, would you pick the blue pill or the purple pill?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Point of advice: don't ask members of a typology forum to type you.

When you know, you'll know.
    yep. and if when you know, you still don't know...

Enneagram
    9w8

@Maneyou are going to get her (or him?) high, offering brightly colored pills.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Here is a pretty good website on the subject. http://infjorinfp.com/
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=15291" target="_blank">Mane</a>you are going to get her (or him?) high, offering brightly colored pills.
    one pill makes you judge'r...
    one pill makes you feel'it'all
    and the one's that myer-briggs you
    don't do anything at all...

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    one pill makes you judge'r...
    one pill makes you feel'it'all
    and the one's that myer-briggs you
    don't do anything at all...
    Well, in that case, lets skip the pills altogether and go straight to the moonshine!

Just kidding. I knew where you were coming from, but had an impish moment and just wanted to mess around. What can I say? Happens to the best of us sometimes. Doesn't it?
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Well, in that case, lets skip the pills altogether and go straight to the moonshine!

Just kidding. I knew where you were coming from, but had an impish moment and just wanted to mess around. What can I say? Happens to the best of us sometimes. Doesn't it?
    always glad to bring that out

admittedly my rational was impish to begin with:

... i was really surprised that following that, a rep comment convo with an INFJ ended up doing just that.
    ...and while i didn't get to test it with an INFP, but for what it's worth, an ISFP said she would take both.