User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I say NEIGH.
    seconded. Or semi-seconded if alternate spellings of 'nay' are taken into consideration.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Keep in mind that 2 integrates into 4 and 4 disintegrates into 2, so it would make sense for you to identify with both types. It's just a matter of looking at whether or not you feel like a 4 when you're thriving and on top of your game, or if you feel like a 2 when you're being stressed.
    yeah, this makes a lot of sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    seconded. Or semi-seconded if alternate spellings of 'nay' are taken into consideration.
    i just went back and read an old post of yours on this thread, and you were saying you think i'm a 2 and sx/so? is this still true?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

@five sounds

'Ello there, darling.

Hmm, I was thinking about this thread while I was walking home, and I got so lost in thought that I almost walked into a cab, lol. My earlier post in this thread summarizes my doubts pretty well, though. I don't know you very well yet, but I don't get the impression that you want to fundamentally relate to other people based on meeting their needs and having your needs met, which is hallmark 2. I've seen you do this for short periods of time, but I haven't seen you do this for extended periods of time, which makes it less convincing for me at least.

I do get the impression, though, that it would be hurtful for you to be judged as insensitive or uncaring, which other people who would not take the time to understand you might do unless you acted in a very cookie cutter 2 way. I wonder if you act 2-ish to avoid having those kinds of judgments directed at you.

I never answered your question about what else about you seemed 4-ish to me, and it's difficult to put it into words, but I feel like even what you said in the original post about not wanted to walk around thinking that you had everything figured out about your type whilst being wrong seemed like something that I've seen other 4s on the forum say. And even Chandler commented on how you shouldn't worry about seeming insincere. That kinda stuff is stuff that I don't relate to at all.

I'm not sure, though. These are just my doubts.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    'Ello there, darling.
    'ello, lahv.
    Hmm, I was thinking about this thread while I was walking home, and I got so lost in thought that I almost walked into a cab, lol. My earlier post in this thread summarizes my doubts pretty well, though. I don't know you very well yet, but I don't get the impression that you want to fundamentally relate to other people based on meeting their needs and having your needs met, which is hallmark 2. I've seen you do this for short periods of time, but I haven't seen you do this for extended periods of time, which makes it less convincing for me at least.
    this is true. the thing is, it's primarily at an emotional level for me. which makes me feel 4-ish since i'm like indulgent in feelings and individuality. i do like to do things for people, but it gets tiresome very quickly. i have a big well of love to draw from, but serving others taxes me quickly. while, like exploring/expressing my feelings and diving into myself is restorative, and generates more energy.

I do get the impression, though, that it would be hurtful for you to be judged as insensitive or uncaring, which other people who would not take the time to understand you might do unless you acted in a very cookie cutter 2 way. I wonder if you act 2-ish to avoid having those kinds of judgments directed at you
    for sure! this is a big thing for me. doing things for people is a way to show you care and are sensitive to them. i love people, and feel very deeply myself, so i would never want someone to think otherwise. in plain words, i get the feeling i'm a 4 who's afraid of being selfish. but the more comfortable and secure i feel, the more i feel like it's ok for me to be selfish. when i'm in "2-mode", if we can call it that, i always feel a little...sold short? or like not appreciated or seen for who i really am. which a lot of times pushes me into times of self-expression and less attention to the needs/desires of others. in other words, it's less satisfying.

I never answered your question about what else about you seemed 4-ish to me, and it's difficult to put it into words, but I feel like even what you said in the original post about not wanted to walk around thinking that you had everything figured out about your type whilst being wrong seemed like something that I've seen other 4s on the forum say. And even Chandler commented on how you shouldn't worry about seeming insincere. That kinda stuff is stuff that I don't relate to at all.
    yeah i know. this can be hard to put into words for me too. the whole integration/disintegration line between 2 and 4 is really piquing my interest right now, because it seems like it may help explain why i relate to both. hmm...

I'm not sure, though. These are just my doubts.
    thanks for your input! you hit on a lot of things that are true about me in these respects.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    for sure! this is a big thing for me. doing things for people is a way to show you care and are sensitive to them. i love people, and feel very deeply myself, so i would never want someone to think otherwise. in plain words, i get the feeling i'm a 4 who's afraid of being selfish. but the more comfortable and secure i feel, the more i feel like it's ok for me to be selfish. when i'm in "2-mode", if we can call it that, i always feel a little...sold short? or like not appreciated or seen for who i really am. which a lot of times pushes me into times of self-expression and less attention to the needs/desires of others. in other words, it's less satisfying.
    I really get that sense from you. I think it's part of the reason why you want to enable others to be who they really are without guilt too. (Do you remember in the 'Teach someone to use your functions' thread that you were talking about pushing against forces that were preventing a person from being who they are?)

yeah i know. this can be hard to put into words for me too. the whole integration/disintegration line between 2 and 4 is really piquing my interest right now, because it seems like it may help explain why i relate to both. hmm...
    It's interesting because I'm pretty confident that 2 is in my tritype, and I'm thinking about the ways in which I relate to 4. I tend to feel deeply too, and I usually only express my emotions in a way that's conducive to other people's needs. But that often leads to the build up of intense feelings inside of me related to things that other people wouldn't like, wouldn't relate to, or would overwhelm them. And I find that I *need* to find a release for these feelings from time to time or I get depressed. When there's someone in my life who I can connect with over those intense feelings in a constructive way, that makes life much easier on me. *shrug* That might be what 2 integrating to 4 looks like in case it helps you differentiate 4 disintegrating into 2.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

i just went back and read an old post of yours on this thread, and you were saying you think i'm a 2 and sx/so? is this still true?
    I remember this thread... well that is a relative statement ha. But I think I put sx/so merely because that's what you had...and once I got more info...wasn't I the one that made the case for sx/sp?

I think what I was saying was if you were a 4 then you couldn't be an sx dom...cause then you'd be a total bastard. And that still stands

Oh whoops...And since I believe you are an sx dom I simultaneously believe you are a 2

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

I remember this thread... well that is a relative statement ha. But I think I put sx/so merely because that's what you had...and once I got more info...wasn't I the one that made the case for sx/sp?

I think what I was saying was if you were a 4 then you couldn't be an sx dom...cause then you'd be a total bastard. And that still stands

Oh whoops...And since I believe you are an sx dom I simultaneously believe you are a 2
    yeah, i didn't read thoroughly before i made that post. you did suggest sx/sp, and i feel really good in that.

i do relate strongly to 2. and 4. and i know a lot of other things in my type (7w6sx and sx/sp) can often mistype as 4. but when i read 2 descriptions and 4 descriptions, i feel that:
    a) i'm not as positive and superficial with my emotional life as 2 (especially 729).

b) my fears are more about being misunderstood or inauthentic rather than being not helpful or giving.

c) helping drains me while being, like, emotionally indulgent and self-focused fills me up. when i allow myself to relax, i relate to 4, while when i'm less sure of myself or more stressed, i behave more like a 2.

so...i dunno. 749 tritype softened up 4 from what i read to a point where it felt relateable.

yeah, i didn't read thoroughly before i made that post. you did suggest sx/sp, and i feel really good in that.

i do relate strongly to 2. and 4. and i know a lot of other things in my type (7w6sx and sx/sp) can often mistype as 4. but when i read 2 descriptions and 4 descriptions, i feel that:
    a) i'm not as positive and superficial with my emotional life as 2 (especially 729).

b) my fears are more about being misunderstood or inauthentic rather than being not helpful or giving.

c) helping drains me while being, like, emotionally indulgent and self-focused fills me up. when i allow myself to relax, i relate to 4, while when i'm less sure of myself or more stressed, i behave more like a 2.

so...i dunno. 749 tritype softened up 4 from what i read to a point where it felt relateable.

Well, this tritype is called the 'gentle spirit' ...ha I'm just now seeing this in your sig! <-I've seen commentary before on 479 sx ...calling them the "not gentle gentle spirits" haha ( @Amargith probably understands this better)...and piecing it together I wouldn't really expect them to be... but you will be an example for others to look to. I'm happy for you to have found something that you feel is a better fit.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Well, this tritype is called the 'gentle spirit' ...ha I'm just now seeing this in your sig! <-I've seen commentary before on 479 sx ...calling them the "not gentle gentle spirits" haha ( @Amargith probably understands this better)...and piecing it together I wouldn't really expect them to be... but you will be an example for others to look to. I'm happy for you to have found something that you feel is a better fit.
    thanks. we'll see where my enneajourney takes me, but hopefully if i'm passing back by 2, i'll feel fulfilled and at-ease there as well. always appreciate your insights.