User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    Decimation is preferable to extermination I suppose. A gold star for being a paragon of ethical integrity.
    I am easily bribed by pudding or kitten pictures. If you would like to confirm your name in the 90% then please send some to...

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I WANNA BE AN INFJ AND WORK AT ESPN

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

They have a stronger sense of self. I often find the reason behind the causes they pursue to be more noble than mine.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I am easily bribed by pudding or kitten pictures. If you would like to confirm your name in the 90% then please send some to...
    INFPs who want to be INFJs...-pudding-jpg

pudding.jpg

"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I don't think I could ever qualify as an INFJ, actually. I'm the prototype of a "Perceiver", and I'm really glad there's a logical explanation for what's always been "wrong" with me.

I can tell you part of why it was hard for me to accept INFP as a type, though.

- Mostly, it's because of the descriptions and online reputation.
    - Secondly, it's because of the INFPs I know (which are basically my 9w1 family)
    - Third, some other personal stuff that I'll save for a more extended rant some other day.

I considered INFP over a decade ago when I first discovered the Myers-Briggs. It describes my work habits accurately, but even highly credible descriptions are like...Meh. Doesn't resonate much. Let alone the crap that gets pulled up with TypeLogic--it's like the opposite of me (I am actually able to relate far more to TypeLogic's description of the INFJ as being shrewd and psychic about human affairs, fwiw. Recognizes my talents far better than INFP does *sticks nose in air*). According to TypeLogic, INFPs are optimistic lil over-idealistic fluffballs that can't even make a coherent argument and don't understand grown-up things like Math and Science and Reality, and can't even memor--...

...I'm sorry I just threw up in my mouth.

And, actually, I haven't found any INFP descriptions that really sound like me (again, beyond the work habits). But TypeLogic poisons the well.

The worst thing is that people seem to actually believe this stuff, from what I have perceived. Many INFPs have raised similar complaints, and I've heard a fair amount of things about how "irrational" our people are. I no longer list my type because I've actually had forum people dismiss my arguments (which they never did when I was typed as a Thinker, nor have they IRL).

My family also appear to be 9w1 INFPs. My stepfather in particular was this 9w1/2w1/6w7 stereotype of the "nice guy" silly-hearted INFP who exhibits irrational outbursts and slavishness towards his religion; I was this loud, angry triple reactive thing who habitually out-argued everyone in the family and was good at Science and tried to align my beliefs with Reality. I couldn't believe we were the same type at first. Our minds are just...so different.

But reading Jung puts me about equally Fi and Ne, so that's that. I err in favor of Introversion. And I'm FiNe with it.

Dunno if that answers the OP, but those are some thoughts on INFPness.

Stansmith

My image of an INFP is a 4w5 Sp/Sx. 9w1s seem more ISFx and INFJ.

Half the INFPs I have encountered I do not relate with and the other half I have no desire to relate with. I have no real interest in their values and I am sure that is the same for any who have seen mine. However I am open to them as friends of course.

However I do not relate to any INFJs. I guess I would be like one if I lost any capacity for introspection due to brain damage.

Also @Sanjuro - ignore the type descriptions. They will probably lead you to experience frustration and type-related shame as they did with me. Detachment from group identity connotations on labels used to define the self is the best course of action.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Frankly, I have a hard time relating to both other INFP's and INFJ's...

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I'm the prototype of a "Perceiver", and I'm really glad there's a logical explanation for what's always been "wrong" with me.
    Not tryin to be the girl with the off-topic post, but THIS is so good. A thousand times, yes.

You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Not tryin to be the girl with the off-topic post, but THIS is so good. A thousand times, yes.

Woah, because of the icon at the end, I thought this was Halla's post.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.