User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ISTP

0 0%
  • ENTJ

3 6.82%
  • INTJ

5 11.36%
  • ENTP

6 13.64%
  • INTP

7 15.91%
  • ENFJ

3 6.82%
  • INFJ

7 15.91%
  • ENFP

8 18.18%
  • INFP

4 9.09%
  • ESFJ

0 0%
  • ISFJ

1 2.27%
  • ESFP

0 0%
  • ISFP

0 0%
First 1234 Last

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    do they even enjoy sex?
    Yes. They do.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    Yes. They do.
    Haha... of course they do. Unless someone is an asexual, everyone enjoys sex don't they? I was only stereotyping.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Whenever I try to come at this I find some fatal flaw.

I really just take the view that they need to be a fairly balanced human being and that we need to be compatible in some important respects like shared moral principles. I'd rather come at type in a relationship in terms of "I am now involved with a person who is such-and-such type...how can we maximize the good things about the relationship and minimize the problems?"

I don't think I'd do too well with anyone too extreme. An introvert who can't stand being around others, an extrovert who can't stand being alone, etc. When I take MBTI tests - whether it's more a Keirsey or a function theory approach - I tend to end up with somewhat balanced/inconclusive results (except on the Feeling front, where I'm strongly Feeler over THinker.) Admittedly this may be partly because I hedge my bets a lot But I do think I'm not an extreme person.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

My introversion and intuition are both very strong (ninety-something percent), and I'm definitely more of a "like attracts like" sort of person, at least insofar as relationships are concerned. I feel the most mismatched when paired with sensors.

I do see where the appreciation for ENFPs comes from; I tend to like them myself. Overall, though, I chose to vote INFP. I'm with one, and he fits me wonderfully.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Although there are always certain types you gravitate towards, the things that eventually make your relationship work has to do with far more than just their type.

For example:

Quote Originally Posted by AntiheroComplex View Post
    Overall, though, I chose to vote INFP. I'm with one, and he fits me wonderfully.
    You have a wonderful relationship with an INFP, while in most cases the general acceptance, understanding and similarity between each other is said to stagnate most relationships, leaving them in a rut. But ofcourse with the right INFJ and the right INFP it will work out perfectly fine.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Although there are always certain types you gravitate towards, the things that eventually make your relationship work has to do with far more than just their type.
    I absolutely agree - it's ultimately a matter of individual preference and personality (and needs and strengths and weaknesses), far more involved than a simplistic assessment of one's MBTI type. I thought this went without saying, but maybe I should have included it in my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf
    You have a wonderful relationship with an INFP, while in most cases the general acceptance, understanding and similarity between each other is said to stagnate most relationships, leaving them in a rut. But ofcourse with the right INFJ and the right INFP it will work out perfectly fine.
    As an individual, I need a certain emotional understanding. I've been in a number of relationships without it, and I would much rather not experience this again. My worst relationship to date was with an ESTJ who made me feel alienated and invalidated far too frequently, and I'm sure that I was not good for him, either. I know a lot of people are of the "opposites attract" persuasion - including my own parents - but for me? Not so much.

I'd like to think my present relationship is a case of the right INFJ with the right INFP.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I didn't answer the poll since I didn't want to pick just one.

Probably either ENFP, INTP, or some type of STP. I looove ENFPs in general, and I get along really well with the STPs I know. I've never known any INTPs, but I tend to be attracted to nerdy, individualistic, socially awkward guys. They would have to be balanced enough to not have an Fe-hatred and be willing to take my emotional needs into consideration, though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

Riva

@earthtrekker1775 this thread is meant for INFJ votes.

--------------------

The mesmerizing effect of ENTPs lie in their ability be hedonistic in practice and in the projecting of their imaginary hedonistic suggestions. They are the bad boys who do bad not because they are bad but they wish to test the waters. This is extremely appealing. (In other words; their persuasion, inviting people to make the most of any situation and be hedonistic act to this appeal.) This appeal is different from ESxP appeal which I do not wish to discuss in this post. Would if inquired.

Do INFJs enjoy the company of ENTPs in the sense I mentioned?

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I couldn't narrow it down to one type; but so far I've bonded most easily/closely [however ''easily'' is probably not the best term, here, since it's difficult for me to really get very close to anyone] with NT's. In general, even as friends, I more readily bond with these [& STP's] than any other type. Not out of a conscious preference, but that's simply the way these things tend to naturally unfold.

Feelers can exhaust my empathy, even without meaning to, and I feel like I don't have the mental space I need, a lot of the time, because I'm supposed to be looking after them- their emotional landmines- if that makes sense. I feel like I have a break from this when I'm with Thinkers. I can rest and have some freedom my Fe sometimes doesn't otherwise permit.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    The mesmerizing effect of ENTPs lie in their ability be hedonistic in practice and in the projecting of their imaginary hedonistic suggestions. They are the bad boys who do bad not because they are bad but they wish to test the waters. This is extremely appealing. (In other words; their persuasion, inviting people to make the most of any situation and be hedonistic act to this appeal.) This appeal is different from ESxP appeal which I do not wish to discuss in this post. Would if inquired.

Do INFJs enjoy the company of ENTPs in the sense I mentioned?
    Regarding 'testing the waters', I suppose it depends on the context, but I have to say 'testing the waters' and seeing just how far they can go / what they can get away with / how far they can poke certain boundaries, I find very irksome in general and it's a surefire way for me to not take them seriously at all and also lose respect for them. But I don't know if this is what you're speaking to.

I think back in the day (i.e. years ago) I was more 'charmed' and amused by this, but I now find it very very annoying.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ