• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Are ENFPs the most sensual male personality type?

Affably Evil

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
perhaps it's just my observations, but every single ENFP guy I've met (about 10 or so) was sexual as hell with everything. they're sexual with their friends, they're sexual with their pets, they're sexual with their mannerisms, they're sexual with their voice inflection, they're REALLY sexual with their SO's.
these traits definitely all apply to me :D but is this all ENFP guys or just the ones I've observed?

There's a difference between sensual and sexual, though granted some convergence between the two. The ENFPs I've known have been more relationally focused, and to that end naturally concerned with the needs of those around them but having a somewhat steep learning curve in doing so — my perception of this may have been principally due to their sincere desire to learn how to navigate their relationships with others and to that end utilize me as a consultant when encountering roadblocks with those they were trying to connect with. The connection aspect really is key for the ENFPs I've known, and it's possible that some male ENFPs access that sense of connection primarily through sexuality and sexual relationships, though I haven't seen that myself.

I have not seen sensuality to be a particularly recurrent personality trait, however, when the sensate element is divorced from personal interaction or connection. When I think of sensuality, I tend to think of more of accessing the experiential, the practical, the immediate, and well, the sensory. I haven't noticed this as a particular trait of ENFPs more than other types, except insofar as that we are all to some degree physical persons and constantly encountering and responding to sensory information. I have noticed ENFPs wanting to attune their interactions with others to augment whatever axis of relation they're on, be it platonically or sexually or whatever.

If you're asking what personality type is the the most demonstrably sexual, it's possible that ENFPs are on the higher end, but I don't agree that being demonstrably sexual necessarily constitutes "sexual" — that would depend on your definitions with regard to say, externally perceived sexual performance (by performance I mean social performance and interaction rather than individual technique) versus say, interior preoccupation but less general external demonstration (with certain private exceptions that are more intense) or whatever criteria you're choosing to use to judge it.

I do hear it's difficult to find men who enjoy sex and enjoy talking about sex, so definitely must be an ENFP thing. ;)

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
The ENFP's I know are all women and they keep that kind of stuff to themselves. I will say,however, that they all have a problem with overeating, which is definitely a sensual temptation.

T

ThatGirl

The ENFP I dated was sexual, not sensual at all, and annoying.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
perhaps it's just my observations, but every single ENFP guy I've met (about 10 or so) was sexual as hell with everything. they're sexual with their friends, they're sexual with their pets, they're sexual with their mannerisms, they're sexual with their voice inflection, they're REALLY sexual with their SO's.
these traits definitely all apply to me :D but is this all ENFP guys or just the ones I've observed?

No- just the gay ones.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i had sex with one enfp male and it was not good at all. this doesn't answer your question, just thought i should share.

and i'd think esfp's are more SENSual ;)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, pets made me laugh too. ^^
But I can agree. I'm not particularly good-looking, average or slightly above, but i'm told I have this animalistic sensuality radiating somehow.
I've heard it several times from unrelated sources. It's why I have an easy time meeting women. Too bad it doesn't seem to turn up the right women.
Because no women actually likes me for more than three months. So animal charm only takes me so far.
And i'm most likely a male ENFP type 8, Sx/Sp/So, so I guess that I can add my testimony to the OP. I am very sexual/sensual and people can tell.
I'm never dirty unless it is in the right setting, like some creeps can be.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFPs are often sensual and sexual, sure. As for with their pets, less sure.

A

Anew Leaf

Yeah the couple male ENFPs I have known really know how to take their pets out for a night on the town. A nice foreign film. Some wine. Maybe some spaghetti and meatballs. Then back to the flat for a nightcap and snuggling.

If I was an animal I would definitely want to have an ENFP male as my owner.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
This is late [MENTION=604]YourLocalJesus[/MENTION] but thanks for joining the dark XNFP side. I would guess you are ENFP over INFP. You used to list as ENTJ, right?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Yes he does, his Ne just went on an association bender.

I remember the first time I truly paid attention to how a cat responds when you pet it. The way it meets your hand with equal pressure, the way you can make it twirl and turn by changin the pressure, location and touch of your hand. I also remember thinking back to it, when I started getting interested in boys and that that was how I wanted to be touched when making love => assocation sexual/sensual.

I think this is why Freud associated horses as a phallic symbol. Meaning "little girls love horses because they are preparing for womanhood" or something. I used to think (and still do) Freud was a little freakball of tightly wound sexual frustration but good illustration Vala :D

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Also Elfboy I'm going to guess that most or all these ENFP doods are teh gay? Add openly/flamingly gay to the mix and you get a +10 sensuality/sexualized point bonus.

I think ENFX men can be very openly sensual and/or have swagga. Even though (cognitive) function wise very different things are going on.

And DAMN, 10 ENFP (gay/bi/queer) men??

Are you sure that they just don't seem/ ENFP?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also Elfboy I'm going to guess that most or all these ENFP doods are teh gay? Add openly/flamingly gay to the mix and you get a +10 sensuality/sexualized point bonus.

I think ENFX men can be very openly sensual and/or have swagga. Even though (cognitive) function wise very different things are going on.

And DAMN, 10 ENFP (gay/bi/queer) men??

Are you sure that they just don't seem/ ENFP?

no, all the gay guys I know are INFP, ENTJ, ENTP or ESTP (oddly enough. ENTJ, ENTP and ESTP don't seem like very gay personality types lol). all the ENFPs I know are either straight unless they all happen to be closeted bisexuals

rav3n

If my ENFP male friends were to get sensual with me, I'd smack them and so would their wives. So no, not that I've noticed.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Those sensual sensual ENFP males may like that...

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is late [MENTION=604]YourLocalJesus[/MENTION] but thanks for joining the dark XNFP side. I would guess you are ENFP over INFP. You used to list as ENTJ, right?

Yes. Bad period in my life, and i'm an 8, so it's pretty easy to assume that I was an ENTJ.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
The ENFP's I know are all women and they keep that kind of stuff to themselves. I will say,however, that they all have a problem with overeating, which is definitely a sensual temptation.

hungry-fat-girl.jpg

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ENFP I dated was sexual, not sensual at all

This. The ENFP males that I've known have been hypersexual. Very touchy feely, talked about sex a lot, but weren't grounded or earthy enough to be sensual. Too busy acting hot to actually be hot. ENFP women in my acquaintance however are all fairly sensual, if not somehow erotic, as the rule.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
This is where the Rex picks up all the ENFP chicks. Lets watch, shall we.