User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Default Hey NFs give me your opinion on ENTPs?

I'm a entp and I was wondering what you guys think about ENTPs....

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I admit, I used to have a bad impression of the type but this was not specifically based on people IRL and I've since realised this mistake.

I find the strong NP commonalities put me at ease and I generally think them great fun to be around. I just love having these meandering conversations about anything and everything with them. I adore their intellectual curiosity, humour, quick wit, openness, warmth, enthusiasm, broad interests, sense of adventure and easy-going nature. I also enjoy laughing at our common failings: we're both so ditzy, forgetful, and disorganised.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Not to be taken seriously unless inventing spaghetti machines madly.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

One of the most fascinating types to be around, imo.

There's an exceptional warmth there that I don't see in other thinkers.

I think INFJ's have trouble getting their thoughts out there due to our Fe censoring everything to infinity, but since ENTP's don't take offense easily, they give me relief in that regard.

I like their style of communication. They're somehow able to connect loosely related topics. I like falling down that rabbit hole with them. Relating one topic to another for them is apparent, in comparison, other types are merely capable.

They're eccentric. INFJ's are insane. Only INFJ's are damn good at hiding it if we want to. ENTP's... aren't. And that's kind of enduring.

I admire how mentally quick/sharp they are.

I like their clever, zany sense of humor.

I like how knowledgeable they are.

I don't appreciate their lack of discipline. Which would keep me out of a relationship with one because I wouldn't stand to be mothering them all the time for their irresponsibility and immaturity which are products of that. I think this quality really keeps them from excelling in life. And that's sad, because ENTP's are incredibly capable people. And the cherry on top is thanks to their big fat ego's, they don't often admit to their faults, which keeps them from growth. Which brings us back to immaturity, which is unattractive. And reminds me of mothering. Blegh.

That's all for now.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

Glycerine

I like them a lot as long as they aren't overly cocky but I think i drive most of the ones I have met crazy with my laser beam obsession with my goals ( I can be neurotic about those).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I like them a lot as long as they aren't overly cocky
    exactly

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

They do have a tendency toward cockiness but its generally not a problem if it is kept in check. Luckily, I'm very skilled at keeping them humble with endless teasing
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Yeah I noticed my NF friends always love to tease me. They seem to hate my ego through

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Upon reading the description of ENTP's on the web, they didn't sound like a type I wanted to hang around much. Arguing for no reason? Lawyer type? No thanks.

But actually meeting ENTPs in real life I like them a lot. In my opinion, some of the descriptions on the web don't totally do them justice. They're pretty easy to get along with, and they have a good combination of logical thinking and inviting Fe (kind of like their ESTP cousins). I love that combination of Ti and Fe. It's awesome to me.

As far as ENTPs who do stupid stuff like the things mentioned above, that's only immature ENTPs. That's like saying, "INFJs have problems because they shut everyone out of their lives." Maybe some INFJs do that, but mainly unhealthy ones (although some people deserve to be shut out).
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    That's like saying, "INFJs have problems because they shut everyone out of their lives." Maybe some INFJs do that, but mainly unhealthy ones (although some people deserve to be shut out).
    And that's like saying if we're mature, we're perfect beings (not trying to come off sarcastic here). We all have faults, and I've noticed an ENTP's weaknesses to be what I outlined above. And of course the more immature, the more pronounced they will be. The more mature, the less pronounced... but I think these weaknesses are present in all strong ENTP's.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)