User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 58

  1. #41
    Reptilian Snuggletron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    10
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    if you can't have her no one else should either.

  2. #42
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Ah yes, the most subjective of all subjective concepts in the world.
    Agreed. Yet for my purpose, I would describe it as living a healthy lifestyle as it regards our biological, psychological, social, and physical environments; and in symbiosis with our Earth.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  3. #43
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemvor View Post
    Orobas...you're a god !

    But...
    Retreat is for weak.
    I'll be painting by her blood, that's the only thing that will appease my anger. Let it destroy me...

    No good can come from life...

    Aphrodite ==>
    But when you are done, when you have hurt her, hurt her lover. What will you feel then? You will sit alone, still be alone, isolated. And then you will feel the pain of what you have inflicted upon another. During the anger that is funneled through Te, you quench your pain, and have your revenge. Then for the rest of your life, you will feel remorse and pain and still be emotionally alone.

    Think back upon the first time you kissed her lips. Think of the love you felt for her then. Feel that love and let it drown you, overwhelm you, encompass you. FEEL it Then think of what it would be like to see her in pain. Picture her face in pain and FEEL it. What does it make you feel inside? Anytime you think of being cruel to her, remember the taste of her lips, her smell, the texture of her skin, her eyes as you held her, that love, remember the beautiful moments when you were closest to her. Hold those memories in your hand. Then let your hatred dissipate because hurting her would only hurt you. I find alcohol helps forgiveness.


    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Think about it: Romantic love as we know it can actually be the main deterrent to unconditional love; how weird is that concept? In loving only one to distraction, it can keep us from loving many, from loving more. Perhaps not as deeply, but more acceptingly. For example, we can have children and love them all equally and unconditionally, yet we distance ourselves somewhat because we know they are their own person; they will assume their own place in the world, which is as it should be. Yet at the first opportunity nature makes us want to attach, and to attach as deeply as possible, and attach for the rest of our lives, giving our best to that one other person, who is supposed to be everything to us, forever! If we don't, we feel jealous and angry; and we eventually feel detached and depressed, in great numbers. Can we not see the flaws in this model? We are surely evolved and intelligent enough beings that we can now say, No! It is time for a more unifying and less dividing Love. We need it to heal us; we need it to heal our great World. How can we evolve out of this greedy model of Procreative Love and--Recreate Love?
    Interesting. Funny, I think I could easily love one person very, very deeply. And then have sex with other people in a more open caring way of loving without a problem. I wouldnt NEED to but wouldnt be bothered by it. The trick-I would become emotionally attached to those I sleep with, thus casual no strings attached sex would end up being hurtful in the long run. I would also be perfectly okay with the person I love having sex with other people, as long as I was secure in that deep love between us. I dont care if they also deeply love other people even.

    So I guess I dont mind sharing or being shared as long as I am secure in the depth of the one deep emotional commitment.

    unconditional love-how do we describe that? Does it have to include physical relations? I'd have to think on this for awhile.

  4. #44
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Interesting. Funny, I think I could easily love one person very, very deeply. And then have sex with other people in a more open caring way of loving without a problem. I wouldnt NEED to but wouldnt be bothered by it. The trick-I would become emotionally attached to those I sleep with, thus casual no strings attached sex would end up being hurtful in the long run. I would also be perfectly okay with the person I love having sex with other people, as long as I was secure in that deep love between us. I dont care if they also deeply love other people even.

    So I guess I dont mind sharing or being shared as long as I am secure in the depth of the one deep emotional commitment.
    Well, then, you might be poly. Do you think you are? These are interesting thoughts I think. Yet it is still hard at times, even for those who are most committed to this ideal, because, I believe we are not hard-wired nor conditioned to be able to handle much alternative relationship dynamics.


    unconditional love-how do we describe that? Does it have to include physical relations? I'd have to think on this for awhile.
    I don't know. It's a tough concept for sure. But I even think just simply loving each other in all our intricacies would be a major step in the right direction.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  5. #45
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Agreed. Yet for my purpose, I would describe it as living a healthy lifestyle as it regards our biological, psychological, social, and physical environments; and in symbiosis with our Earth.
    We haven't had that since the stone age. But on the bright side we also evolved since then into something different with different expectations. Not necessarily better, just different. We are becoming less like animals, less of a slave to our animalistic instincts, for good or bad.

  6. #46
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    We haven't had that since the stone age. But on the bright side we also evolved since then into something different with different expectations. Not necessarily better, just different. We are becoming less like animals, less of a slave to our animalistic instincts, for good or bad.
    Some cultures until very recently have as well, in your neck of the woods. Remote Tibetan villages, etc.

    Srsly? Our species might be intelligent, but not so intelligent that we don't know better than to kill our host......We are becoming much worse. Our only hope is that beneficial technologies will be created fast enough to save us...........
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  7. #47
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Some cultures until very recently have as well, in your neck of the woods. Remote Tibetan villages, etc.

    Srsly? Our species might be intelligent, but not so intelligent that we don't know better than to kill our host......We are becoming much worse. Our only hope is that beneficial technologies will be created fast enough to save us...........
    We are becoming much worse? In what way? And are people more happy in those tibetan villages? Funny it's mentioned in this topic...how true to their instincts and nature do you think tibetans really are? Polyamory is certainly not a consideration, nor is sexual expression in the way we have today in western society... It's all relative.

  8. #48
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemvor View Post
    Orobas...you're a god !

    But...
    Retreat is for weak.
    I'll be painting by her blood, that's the only thing that will appease my anger. Let it destroy me...
    I really have compassion for you, except for when you say things like this ... you sound extremely selfish and mentally unstable. I would be MUCH more on your side if you were still in a relationship with her and she had lied or cheated on you. But the cold, hard fact remains that you dumped her. You ended the relationship. From that point forward you have no claims to revenge. Your attitude of revenge only makes sense if you were still with her and she was unfaithful or cruel to you in some way. Not only that, but you seemed to have no problem having an affair with her while she was married. What if her husband had murdered both of you?

    I understand that you're in pain, but your obsession with revenge is completely unfounded. The reason why I have used such harsh language with you is because I don't believe that someone in your particular frame of mind should be mollycoddled - you really, really need to use your head for a minute.

  9. #49
    failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni
    Posts
    5,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    We are becoming much worse? In what way?
    Too convoluted to explain here.....

    And are people more happy in those tibetan villages?
    Yes, they were until their pristine village was tainted by 'progress' and Westernized development models.

    Funny it's mentioned in this topic...how true to their instincts and nature do you think tibetans really are?
    Before outside influence? Probably extremely true. Why should I think otherwise? If you're natural and live by instinct within the limits of your environment, why should you be anything else?

    Polyamory is certainly not a consideration, nor is sexual expression in the way we have today in western society... It's all relative.
    Polyamory is just another western definition for a concept, the purpose of which, is to allow us to live more contentedly as humans. Tibetans, like many ancient and modern cultures, practiced polyandry mostly, but I'm sure polygamy at times. Furthermore, those that practiced multiple marriage in some form or another, would probably meet the definition of polyamory. For the most part, from what I understand, primitive people experience great emotion in the form of joy and love and happiness, possibly more so than more 'modernized' humans.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

    The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

    Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

    songofmary.wordpress.com


  10. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    But when you are done, when you have hurt her, hurt her lover. What will you feel then? You will sit alone, still be alone, isolated. And then you will feel the pain of what you have inflicted upon another. During the anger that is funneled through Te, you quench your pain, and have your revenge. Then for the rest of your life, you will feel remorse and pain and still be emotionally alone.
    I'll feel like I have transferred my pain. Where it came from, and where it belongs...
    I'll feel like justice been done.
    I need to feel their hate towards me.
    Remorse will be out of the game.

    But that's not what I'm feeling right now ! Data slightly been modified and my feelings followed up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Think back upon the first time you kissed her lips. Think of the love you felt for her then. Feel that love and let it drown you, overwhelm you, encompass you. FEEL it Then think of what it would be like to see her in pain. Picture her face in pain and FEEL it. What does it make you feel inside? Anytime you think of being cruel to her, remember the taste of her lips, her smell, the texture of her skin, her eyes as you held her, that love, remember the beautiful moments when you were closest to her. Hold those memories in your hand. Then let your hatred dissipate because hurting her would only hurt you. I find alcohol helps forgiveness.
    I will - would - have no remorse, no pity. That's not the one I loved. The one I loved would be just an illusion. The person that I'll would have in front of me will be the one that caused all this/that pain.
    Those memories...I'm deliberately ignoring them and i'll do so. All that I let pass are the negative ones. I'm programmed like this...
    I want to let my rage grow. This hatred will push me forward, it will not permit forgiveness. It's my ally !

    But for the moment...I'm the only responsible, I'm the only one that caused it.
    For the moment, I ignore what happened and ignore what will happen.
    I'm just imagining possibilities.
    For the moment, I am paranoid...

Similar Threads

  1. where is my mind?
    By miss fortune in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 11:11 AM
  2. Where Is My Arty Arty Side? An investigation into Fi and art.
    By wolfy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 06:33 PM
  3. Where Are My Pentecostals At?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO