User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

I only know ENFJ guys. And they are self motivated go-getters. Including for dating. Are you ENFJ girls likely to pursue your ideal guy? Or initiate some social setting where you are with the guy you are interested in?
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Walp, leshee...

The ENTPs, no chasing/herding/attacking with a broom required. Though it did require a lot of interplay, which I enjoyed A LOT. Nothing like going to work and beating your honey lovingly over the head with reports and witticisms while he puts motor oil on your glasses and hides your stuff inside the A/C reclamation machine. hahaha, good times.

The ISTPs don't require it either as they've usually already come to a decision about me and aren't afraid of me or my little bulldog teeth or my loud bark or yard-defending postures or my spines and puffiness. You won't swallow ME whole! No wait, that's a blowfish. Never mind.

The INTPs, okay, yes. Like marathon levels of pursuit. Which depressed me and made me wonder if they liked me at all. Saying "hello" = running away from me, round #16. Months of this.

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Default IMO

1.) Matching internal values and mine are usually hard to get to and reserved for long term friends who I trust ONLY (but I will be social and polite with anyone with my Fe)
    2.) Can talk me through my emotions/ narrow thoughts and give a logical perspective to explain my weird Ni inclinations and then I can sigh and feel not crazy anymore
    2.) express emotion/love or vulnerability so I can feel appreciated and equal in the relationship. This is hard because some guys will fix my car or listen to show they care but I need words, time, visible facial expression, initiated thoughtfulness, giving (not $ based but thought based), or communication to "feel" loved. And knowing mentally isn't enough, period. It is like my personal love tank has a hole in it with a slow leak and some people express love and I naturally recognize it and feel filled up with love and always just feel loved even if they don't say it. Miscommunications in this area ultimately left me feeling dry.
    4.) patient or generally P which I equate with non-judgmental or accepting because I am hard on myself already and this lightens up that
    5.) not too introverted. I've liked two INTP's I know but the introversion will break the relationship b/c it = going alone to social events
    Extroverted (E) 67.74% Introverted (I) 32.26%
    Intuitive (N) 51.72% Sensing (S) 48.28%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 69.44% Perceiving (P) 30.56%

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 83%
    so/sx/sp

Enneagram
    1w2

I'm not really into the whole mythic MBTI pairing of ENFJs with INTPs or even generally TPs. Why would you do that to some poor ENFJ? I personally tend to get along with TJs very well, sometimes their Te comes across as harsh but it's not very much different from Ti detachment I suppose and I don't like detachment.

MBTI aside I do value someone who uses more impersonal logic than I do and someone who thinks more before they act. It took my friend a little over a month to figure out if he wanted an ipod or an itouch. It was a little excessive to me, but I can appreciate it. While I haven't necessarily learned to wait I've boned up on my research skills before I buy...I mean simple stuff like that I don't really think about and I feel stupid over once it gets pointed out to me. Oh and whatever google says most people want in their romantic relationships. And the ability to write a coherent and effective business letter.

How do people list these sorts of things? They seem so personal to me. I'm a J so of course I have my mental list, but I'd feel like somebody photocopied a page of my diary and plastered it everywhere.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Dear NFJ Diary,

I totally made out with John Taylor today. In my mind.

Love, Pink

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    1.) Matching internal values and mine are usually hard to get to and reserved for long term friends who I trust ONLY (but I will be social and polite with anyone with my Fe)
    2.) Can talk me through my emotions/ narrow thoughts and give a logical perspective to explain my weird Ni inclinations and then I can sigh and feel not crazy anymore
    2.) express emotion/love or vulnerability so I can feel appreciated and equal in the relationship. This is hard because some guys will fix my car or listen to show they care but I need words, time, visible facial expression, initiated thoughtfulness, giving (not $ based but thought based), or communication to "feel" loved. And knowing mentally isn't enough, period. It is like my personal love tank has a hole in it with a slow leak and some people express love and I naturally recognize it and feel filled up with love and always just feel loved even if they don't say it. Miscommunications in this area ultimately left me feeling dry.
    4.) patient or generally P which I equate with non-judgmental or accepting because I am hard on myself already and this lightens up that
    5.) not too introverted. I've liked two INTP's I know but the introversion will break the relationship b/c it = going alone to social events
    this is beautifully written. i'm a male infj and i identify with this as much as anything on the subject i've read on this forum so far.

i know i can keep things on course over the long haul and charting the course conceptually speaking. i just lose track of myself and need a little love, care, and patience to put me back on track. most of all, tho, is i need expressiveness and a strong desire to communicate/deeply connect. it just recharges my batteries. i get drained and it renews my value. which motivates me to get out there and get at it, again.

this is also my concern with T relationships. in some ways, they obviously make me better and more well-adjusted. but in other ways, i feel this lack of rejuvenation, reconnection, catalyzed feeling, passion, etc. i am learning how to see this from a wider lens, to better judge if i want to accept and embrace it or ultimately reject it.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Dear NFJ Diary,

I totally made out with John Taylor today. In my mind.

Love, Pink

Dear Pink,

I've always liked you, you're fun, witty and you make me laugh...HOWEVER
    if you mess with John Taylor...even in your mind expect an internet throwdown the likes of which you have NEVER seen. He's mine and has been since 1982.

The End.

ps: I hope this doesn't mean we can't be friends.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelostnf View Post
    Dear Pink,

I've always liked you, you're fun, witty and you make me laugh...HOWEVER
    if you mess with John Taylor...even in your mind expect an internet throwdown the likes of which you have NEVER seen. He's mine and has been since 1982.

The End.

ps: I hope this doesn't mean we can't be friends.

Dear LLNF,

I have always rather liked you too and hope that my letting the air out of your tires so that John might ride home with me instead is something you might readily forgive. I also totally understood why you wrestled me to the ground in the teacher's lounge and smeared me with your ham sandwich. I had it coming. That was a tasty sandwich too.

Super duper high-five friends 4evah!

The Pink-a-nator

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Dear LLNF,

I have always rather liked you too and hope that my letting the air out of your tires so that John might ride home with me instead is something you might readily forgive. I also totally understood why you wrestled me to the ground in the teacher's lounge and smeared me with your ham sandwich. I had it coming. That was a tasty sandwich too.

Super duper high-five friends 4evah!

The Pink-a-nator
    Dear Piranha,

It's a good think I carry Fix-O-Flat in my car. I followed you and it's all good I saw John politely tell you no...I trust my man. But in the words of Squeak in the Color Purple

Squeak: Hapo! Who dis woman?
    Harpo: Now come now, you know who this is.
    Squeak: She best'a leave you alone.
    Sophia: Fine with me.
    Harpo: [to Sophia] You ain't got to go nowhere. Dis here my jut-joint.
    Squeak: [to Harpo] You said dis here our jut-joint!
    Harpo: Listen woman can't a man dance with his wife if he wants to?
    Squeak: Not if she left'm!
    [to Sophia]
    Squeak: And not if he my man! You just a big ol heffa. Ha Ha Ha

So just you remember John my man!...You just a big ol heffa. Ha Ha Ha!

PS: That wasn't ham it was Spam...(stuff is disgusting..which is why I could afford to waste my lunch on you.) I'm glad you realize you had it coming

your bff,
    LLNF
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

you have slashed me to the heart, cruel vixen, but i have learnt my lesson... i shall keep my thieving hooves to myself...

lol @ heffa...