First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm extremely nurturing toward animals, period. I'm extremely nurturing toward people I genuinely care about, I can be extremely affectionate and supportive, or toward strangers who are obviously in need of assistance I will give practical help. I will hug people who are upset, or listen to people who need to vent. But I don't go around just looking for random people to nurture. I can't ever see myself becoming a nurse. However, I have a soft spot for adolescents, particularly the ones who seem "lost."
    I'm too like that for animals. Nurturing.

Not being a nurse was something I meant when I wrote in my previous post that I'm not physically providing. I wouldn't be a nurse either.

I'm not mentally nurturing for everybody either.

MBTI
    INFP

If somebody wants dinner cooked at a certain time, and laundry cleaned/folded/put away on a particular day of the week, lunches packed, feet rubbed, etc. (generally a maid) and considers that nurturing, they're not going to have much luck looking this way.

But if we're talking emotional investment in someone else, including listening, caring, hugging, encouraging, etc., then I'm extremely nurturing, when I choose to be. I have a soft spot for almost the world at large, but I choose who I want to emotionally invest in.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

It's either all out (family members and pets only), or nothing at all.

I'm not even nurturing towards my best friend.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'm no great hostess, nor am I good at helping you out practically. But I'll be there to comfort. I tend to be drawn to those that vibe out an emotional need, be it big or small, temporary or longterm and my instinct is in fact to try and nurture them, cheer them up, boost their confidence, hug them, whatever it is that they in that moment seem to need.

Animals always have that effect on me, as do my SO and the people I've completely opened up to.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I'm no great hostess, nor am I good at helping you out practically. But I'll be there to comfort. I tend to be drawn to those that vibe out an emotional need, be it big or small, temporary or longterm and my instinct is in fact to try and nurture them, cheer them up, boost their confidence, hug them, whatever it is that they in that moment seem to need.

Animals always have that effect on me, as do my SO and the people I've completely opened up to.
    +1

Could have written this myself.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm not nurturing in the classical sense. But like Cze Cze mentioned, I'm good with "tough love". I like to help people in some way, when they are facing big problems (usually not everyday stuff), but I do it in my own way.

With animals and small children always. With adults rarely.

Tough love sounds familiar. I would like to nurture more but it is very hard to tell if people really want it or not.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm a pretty terrible nurturer I think. I'm kind of like a time-traveller from the future. I see bad things happening to the people around me and I feel for them but I mustn't interfere lest I endanger the very fabric of the space-time continuum. When people are going through a rough patch I'm reluctant to intervene because, on some level, I believe suffering is making them a more profound person. It's stripping away pretenses and self-delusions. Yeah I know how that sounds. So I study them sympathetically and try to empathise with what they're going through and hope deeply that they'll pull through. Does it offer them comfort? Probably not. I don't know. I think whatever active attempts to comfort people I make are aimed at doing just enough to counter-balance any sense of intrusiveness my presence might otherwise cause.

I'm sort of like an emotional-anthropologist. I don't know if this is a natural state for me or an unnatural. Anyway, no, I don't think I'm very nurturing. If I am, I'm not aware of it.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I'm a pretty terrible nurturer I think. I'm kind of like a time-traveller from the future. I see bad things happening to the people around me and I feel for them but I mustn't interfere lest I endanger the very fabric of the space-time continuum. When people are going through a rough patch I'm reluctant to intervene because, on some level, I believe suffering is making them a more profound person. It's stripping away pretenses and self-delusions. Yeah I know how that sounds. So I study them sympathetically and try to empathise with what they're going through and hope deeply that they'll pull through. Does it offer them comfort? Probably not. I don't know. I think whatever active attempts to comfort people I make are aimed at doing just enough to counter-balance any sense of intrusiveness my presence might otherwise cause.

I'm sort of like an emotional-anthropologist. I don't know if this is a natural state for me or an unnatural. Anyway, no, I don't think I'm very nurturing. If I am, I'm not aware of it.
    Shit man...that's terrible!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I'm kind of like a time-traveller from the future. I see bad things happening to the people around me and I feel for them but I mustn't interfere lest I endanger the very fabric of the space-time continuum.
    Funnily enough, I've felt something very similar before. My need to give people space to live their lives sometimes fights with my desire to help them feel better.

In the end, it really depends on how much I respect or care for the person, how much good I think I can do, and how appreciative they are. I can be very nurturing and supportive to those that fit those three criteria.