User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Trefle View Post
    It seems we have similar ways to cope under stress. >_>; I wonder about the quality or the "goodness" of this, though.
    It's not good at all and I realize that.

Personally, I can see all the signs and I know what I should do to avoid getting stressed BUT..when the stress hits, it's just like falling into a deep hole and you cannot do anything about it. It is as though you're incapacitated for a period of time. And all through the process I know what I should be doing to get out of it. I just don't listen to myself.

It's strange because when you climb out of the "hole" it is as if nothing had happened. I can swear to myself that I've learned something really valuable from this and it is never going to happen again but from time to time the process starts again from the absolute beginning.

Must. Take. Action.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    It's not good at all and I realize that.

Personally, I can see all the signs and I know what I should do to avoid getting stressed BUT..when the stress hits, it's just like falling into a deep hole and you cannot do anything about it. It is as though you're incapacitated for a period of time. And all through the process I know what I should be doing to get out of it. I just don't listen to myself.

It's strange because when you climb out of the "hole" it is as if nothing had happened. I can swear to myself that I've learned something really valuable from this and it is never going to happen again but from time to time the process starts again from the absolute beginning.

Must. Take. Action.
    Um, this is happening to me too, and for me it's like learning personally to make a more beautiful disaster out of myself because all those "experience" did arise, but some part of it can serve as another thing to drag inside that proverbial hole.

I always think this is personal but..apparently not? and we do appear to have the same type; I wonder, how about other types?

I personally have a hypothesis that it's the Introverted side that's on fault here, though, by keeping all the thoughts inside. Perhaps if this was the case, trying to be Extroverted (by asking about people) would help but the Judging part also worked to 'judge' our own feelings so that we already trusted it as absolute truth.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Trefle View Post
    I personally have a hypothesis that it's the Introverted side that's on fault here, though, by keeping all the thoughts inside. Perhaps if this was the case, trying to be Extroverted (by asking about people) would help but the Judging part also worked to 'judge' our own feelings so that we already trusted it as absolute truth.

I agree. It's all about bottling in whatever is bothering you and trying to deal with it on your own. It's hard to talk about yourself and what you're going through with other people, especially with the ones you're close to, in fear of smothering them in things they don't understand.

And you're right about the judging part. I am my own judge, jury and executioner

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

i used to let my boundaries get overrun in the mothering realm, and when that happened, and the stress got to me, i would throw, scream, and break things, then feel immense guilt, of course.

over time i've not only learned how to maintain healthier boundaries for myself, but i've learned patience. kids and sp types are great teachers of patience..............
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ

I've learned to cope better under stress now by (a) if possible, reducing the stressful situation
    (b) submitting myself to the Laws of Nature, that is, getting enough sleep (c), watching my diet and reducing caffeine and other stimulants (d) learning to say no (e) editing that inner ticker-tape (f) and when all else fails, doorslamming!

And oh, lots of good music too.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Immaculate Cloud View Post
    And oh, lots of good music too.
    Music is the antidote, indeed

Sniffles

+1 In fact, this happened just last night when I sunk into a deep depressive state. But luckily, after a few hours I snapped out of it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Music is the antidote, indeed

violaine

I am a little stressed at the moment due to an upcoming job with a new client. I'm a freelancer so this is a regular occurrence. Typically before a new job I will obsessively research the style of the company's work and ridiculously drill, drill, drill to make sure I have all the bases covered. Ack.

Running or doing something physically demanding is the only guaranteed way I have of coping with stress. I need a circuit breaker. I need a way to drain the anxiety. Much as I am inclined to just stop dead if I'm stressed to think and analyze, if I lie around or stand still I just get more stressed out. Running to music I love is completely uplifting.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post

Running or doing something physically demanding is the only guaranteed way I have of coping with stress. I need a circuit breaker. I need a way to drain the anxiety. Much as I am inclined to just stop dead if I'm stressed to think and analyze, if I lie around or stand still I just get more stressed out. Running to music I love is completely uplifting.
    Yeah, I'm the same way. I've got to have some outlet for all the stress that eventually builds up. Exercise is perfect for dispersing it.