First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Its like people know you're a NF and are just waiting for you to be over-sensitive about something so they can use it as a weapon against you. I mean, how dare I give a f*ck and show it?
    Exactly.
    It's almost comical how sensitivity is considered a weakness.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I've never been called too sensitive, but I am.

I have developed a thick skin that hides my vulnerability very well.

Me too, very similar.

Sometimes, i hate being sensitive,bc it makes me suffering and also causes lots of unnecessary troubles to others. now, I am on my way to leanring how to hide my sensitive.

another hypotheses is maybe just bc NFs are foresight, we can perceive something others can't.
    to.lift.the.telephone

MBTI
    ENFP

When I was a child I could have been deemed as too sensitive. I often took offense at things, I was also quite serious some of the time, however, during my teenage years I became the opposite and (Not sure if it was learnt) I began to let things sail over my head. Also during this time I used my inner world as a sanctum and a great place to regroup and discover a sense of peace. I think that also there is the fact that I do not like conflict, this means that I am less likely to get sketchy with someone over something they have said or done, however, I rarely feel that way inside anyhow
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    eNFP

Most definitely.

MBTI
    GONE

I would have been called hyper sensitive for much of my life and I agree. I was a super emotional emo teenager and my environment was not very supportive. However, I wasn't too reactive - meaning I was never a crybaby or one to pout or sulk or throw tantrums for attention. I could shake off a lot or not be too affected in the first place. However, in my own way, I was super hyper sensitive and not really given or taught the tools to healthy expression and acceptance. I had to learn than mostly on my own.

Now, older and wiser, I'm still sensitive and I'm proud of it because I think I'm more balanced. I think I've learned in the larger scheme of things what is appropriate for myself, what is me being a little much, and what is me being a little much but still "okay". It's hard reconciling how you naturally react to things with your sense of social boundaries and context, rights and responsibilities, personal ethics, values, etc.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I can relate to this entirely. I've never been called too sensitive, and I wouldn't consider myself that at all.
    ^ To be quite frank and blunt, I thought you were being extremely sensitive when CaptainChick started talking about more mature (sexual in nature) topics out loud and you quite literally recoiled at the conversation topic being presented.

Even if you don't think that's what happened, your reaction has us thinking that there's no way we can present a sexual topic in your direction due to your sensitivity (something that doesn't make sense to me since your humor seems to be very sexual in nature here on the board.)

Sensitivity is relative.. I don't want to think I am sensitive either, but you have to acknowledge that you are. (Everyone is.. It just depends on how.)

Not to mention, it seems a lot of NF males try to put up this front on not being the typical feeler that they are. You're not the first I've witnessed that was MORE sensitive than me, and less likely to express it due to their supposed gender roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Its like people know you're a NF and are just waiting for you to be over-sensitive about something so they can use it as a weapon against you. I mean, how dare I give a f*ck and show it?
    ^ I can definitely relate to this. I always get so pissed off when people joke and shoot-the-bull with me.. but then cross a line and I let them know just to ensure they know where my boundaries are.. and instead of looking at it as a good thing, they flip out (heaven forbid it's THEM that's flawed) and suddenly never want to talk to you again.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Exactly.
    ^

Everyone has buttons. And everyone has soft spots. Someone having buttons in different places in comparison to another individual is suddenly perceived as being sensitive.

People are bad at admitting they're wrong, in any sense of the word.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ To be quite frank and blunt, I thought you were being extremely sensitive when CaptainChick started talking about more mature (sexual in nature) topics out loud and you quite literally recoiled at the conversation topic being presented.

Even if you don't think that's what happened, your reaction has us thinking that there's no way we can present a sexual topic in your direction due to your sensitivity (something that doesn't make sense to me since your humor seems to be very sexual in nature here on the board.)

Sensitivity is relative.. I don't want to think I am sensitive either, but you have to acknowledge that you are. (Everyone is.. It just depends on how.)

Not to mention, it seems a lot of NF males try to put up this front on not being the typical feeler that they are. You're not the first I've witnessed that was MORE sensitive than me, and less likely to express it due to their supposed gender roles.

Everyone has buttons. And everyone has soft spots. Someone having buttons in different places in comparison to another individual is suddenly perceived as being sensitive.

People are bad at admitting they're wrong, in any sense of the word.
    What can I say? Except.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Exactly.
    True.
    I do remember someone once metioning to me that they wished to be more sensitive, to emotions and experiencing things and in the intensity, because it would give stronger experiences of things. In that sense it could be considered a strenght.
    But qualities that are perceived as more masculine are usually more appreciated; in girls and boys. Atleast by what I've noticed.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    No, some having MORE buttons than others, and in unusual places, is perceived as being sensitive. If someone is sensitive to, say, politically incorrect humor...okay, that's fine. Taken alone, it's not enough on its own to deem someone overly sensitive. People have different buttons, like you said. I, for instance, am sensitive (if that's what you can call it) to crude gender humor in the sense that it offends my sensibilities when I hear it, and I have an emotional (albeit slight) reaction to it by becoming irritated.

But when the number of things that a person is sensitive about exceeds a certain point (for instance when the person becomes the "see no evil, hear no evil" type), then I think it is fair to call that person sensitive. I have met quite a few people whose number of buttons were ridiculously high, to the point that I could not discuss or have fun about anything with them. That is what (I at least) consider to be overly sensitive.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Actually, no. I guess I am sensitive (not hyper though), but I usually keep it under wraps. I have been called gentle though. haha