MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    INFPs:
    Good - Different to be different, always helpful, caring, crazy inside.
    Bad - Takes things too personally, unable to let go of things.
    How come when people list so-called "postives" for INFPs they often sound a bit snide and condescending and negative?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by fill View Post
    ENFPs:
    Good - Abstract, random, also hilarious, always thinking up possible situations, unique style.
    Bad - Paranoid, holds grudges.
    Are you talking about me?!?!?!?

I'll remember this!!!!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Why couldn't INFPs do this too (I do it)? Isn't this a universal NF trait?
    I think the OP was just highlighting the fact that Ni in particular works in identifying the unseen and Fe in particular works in understanding the feelings of others. It's similar to when people say that INFPs under their own feelings better than INFJs understanding their own feelings, because Fi works internally. Of course there is plenty of overlap, but it's speaking in generalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I think the OP was just highlighting the fact that Ni in particular works in identifying the unseen and Fe in particular works in understanding the feelings of others. It's similar to when people say that INFPs under their own feelings better than INFJs understanding their own feelings, because Fi works internally. Of course there is plenty of overlap, but it's speaking in generalities.
    To support INFPs. Fi analyses the unseen and unspoken. Ne gives the clearest perceptual understanding of surroundings. So INFP is one who can clearly analyse the unsaid and unseen, and has that backed up with clear perception and understanding of surroundings. If I went just by type logic I see no reason why they wouldn't be quite cluey about others. Reality seems to say they are very cluey. Agree on the INFJ part.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    To support INFPs.
    You don't need to support INFPs...no one is going against them
    Fi analyses the unseen and unspoken.
    Source? I've never seen this used to describe Fi. Remember it is a judging function.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    You don't need to support INFPs...no one is going against them

Source? I've never seen this used to describe Fi. Remember it is a judging function.
    If you've ever taken function tests. The Ni question is predict future based on unseen trends. The Fi one is evaluate most important unsaid and unseen.

Also remember Fi works below emotion level. In the extroverted function world F corresponds to emotions. That's what exists in your upper consciousness and on the faces of others. Fi more deals with what causes them. So your idea of F as a feeling function can't directly translate to an NFP. Like the chance the words happy and sad come into my analysis of things is about zero.

Try here for a ref: Cognitive processes

Oh yeh, the first one for Ne is "notice hidden meaning" also .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    If you've ever taken function tests. The Ni question is predict future based on unseen trends. The Fi one is evaluate most important unsaid and unseen.
    This as a description of Fi from a cognitive functions test:

Fi : Evaluating; considering importance and worth; reviewing for incongruity; evaluating something based on the truths on which it is based; clarifying values to achieve accord; deciding if something is of significance and worth standing up for.
    Oh, I see in your link where you got that description from. But it says "evaluates" and I said "identifies" for Ni. So it's completely possible that Fi evaluates while Ni identifies and thus your statements don't actually contradict mine.

So your idea of F as a feeling function can't directly translate to an NFP.
    You're assuming I'm basing my ideas on my personal experiences...why?

EDIT: On second look, scratch that. The link says Fi analyzes unsaid and unseen feelings. Which I agree with. But Ni is not about feelings and I was referring to the unseen in general.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

So, basically we can all agree with NFs can figure out how people are feeling and what they are thinking, but they all do it in a very different way.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Glycerine

Yay it's back to being positive!

MBTI
    INFJ

This forum feels weird. I'm so tempted to just be a fly on the wall but I also want to feel involved. I should just wait until I actually know what I'm talking about. Or maybe I should just say that I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm here, though.

ENFP: Mind the flock.
    INFP: Flexible and deeeeep.
    ENFJ: Opening and inclusive.
    INFJ: We're weird. Mostly in a good way. Rare because the world would fall apart if it was just us. It would be an interesting apocalypse, though.