User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: is it normal to have a different MBTI/ socionic type?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    954 sp
    Socionics
    SLI Te

Quote Originally Posted by existence View Post
    Lol, ISTP != LSI. And xLI-Te != IxTJ.

The thing is, xLI-Te is Irrational, LSI is Rational. With Te subtype, less strongly Irrational but still that's the basic pattern. If the person is additionally Judicious, it will not fit well with J in MBTI. If Decisive, can still turn into a J in MBTI. If you want to discuss your type more, I'm happy to help.
    I did the Socionics dichotomies for myself the other day. Deeeeefinitely Judicious. lol
    Seems like an e9 quality as well (as opposed to e1) but that's

When I post my giant "What's My Type" blurb, I'll add a blurb about how I identify with the Socionics dichotomies.
    At this poing I'm going to have to put everything into spoiler tags. This document is now 6 pages long on Google Docs, single-spaced, 10pt Verdana, and that's without the Socionics blurb.
    Accidentally offensive

MBTI: IxTP (Ti-dom, leaning on Ne-aux)
    Socionics: idek anymore. SLI, ILI, LII....
    Enneagram: 9w1 > 5b > 4w5 sp
    Alignment: Neutral (inching toward Lawful neutral)
    Temperament: Phlegmatic/Melancholic > Sanguine (online persona) > Choleric

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

mod note: try not being children, thanks
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Snickie View Post
    I did the Socionics dichotomies for myself the other day. Deeeeefinitely Judicious. lol
    Seems like an e9 quality as well (as opposed to e1) but that's

When I post my giant "What's My Type" blurb, I'll add a blurb about how I identify with the Socionics dichotomies.
    At this poing I'm going to have to put everything into spoiler tags. This document is now 6 pages long on Google Docs, single-spaced, 10pt Verdana, and that's without the Socionics blurb.
    Ah yes that sounds like SLI. Would fit pretty well with stereotypical MBTI ISTP especially if going by dichotomies.

Feel free to mention/summon me in your giant type thread, I'm curious.

All Natural! All Good! Array

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    mod note: try not being children, thanks
    Oh no, you deleted all of my shitposts!!!!!

I love you! You are my activator type! LIE-Ni? That's sexy. Our subtypes match too. I think our enneagrams are a good match too. Oh

Oh you are also sp/so?? I am also SP/So.??? That's amazing. Same instinct variants also. Oh

So what are some of your hobbies? What do you do for fun? Do you like swearing? Profanity is one of my hobbies. I also play the guitar sometimes. I'm starting vocal lessons in a month. I sing in a choir also. I'm not that good. But other people think I'm good

I also read. Do you read? I read sometimes. I also read online sometimes.

Do you like cats? I like cats. I also like dogs. I want to get both later. Get both a cat and a dog and raise them together from childhood. So they get along and are friends. Otherwise they will fight.

Do you live in a house or an apartment or like a camper/RV thing? I live in a house. I bought a house last summer. It will be one year almost already this summer.

What's your least favorite logical fallacy? The one that irritates you the most?
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.
    Likes Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

I'm an INTP in MBTI and ILI-INTp in Socionics. I don't particularly care if it's normal or not but I identify with both a lot.

was here Array that's not my name's Avatar
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/so
    Socionics
    iei Ni

Isn't it because Ni is a perceiving function rather than a judging one so if its dominant your socionics would end in p? That's why mbti INFJ is socionics INFp. This is usually the reason for the mismatch. Although I shoildnt talk being ESTp-Ti and an ISTP in mbti
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by teothebest View Post
    I have quite certainly typed myself as an INTJ in MBTI, still socionics tests keep typing me as an INTp and I have to admit the description are quite more suitable than MBTI's INTP.
    does it make any sense to you?

I have noticed slight variations in the definitions of functions, still I'd like to receive a confirm from people more knowledgeable than me
    This may have already been said, but this is a common thing

MBTI = Socionics
    INTJ = INTp
    INTP = INTj
    INFJ = INFp
    INFP = INFj

Socionics sees the Ni-dom as the Perceiving dominant and the Ji-dom (Fi or Ti) as the Judging dominant.
    MBTI defines Js as anyone with the extroverted judging function and Ps as anyone with the introverted judging function.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

When you get to socionics from MBTI, it is better to try to forget everything you know about MBTI and start over. Then follow this procedure:

1.Take some tests and look at the results. You'll probably get 2 or 3 similar results.
    2.Read up on the quadras and the type descriptions to help narrow down your type.
    3.Let yourself be VI'd by someone that knows what they're doing. VI in the proper hands can be a very useful tool.
    4.And finally, confirm your own type via intertype relations. Once you experience some intertype relations and are able to identify them, you'll be typed correctly with 100% certitude.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ

Glad that this thread explained why I became an INTp in Socionics but tested as INTJ otherwise.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    This may have already been said, but this is a common thing

MBTI = Socionics
    INTJ = INTp
    INTP = INTj
    INFJ = INFp
    INFP = INFj

Socionics sees the Ni-dom as the Perceiving dominant and the Ji-dom (Fi or Ti) as the Judging dominant.
    MBTI defines Js as anyone with the extroverted judging function and Ps as anyone with the introverted judging function.
    That j/p switch doesn't work all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by erg View Post
    When you get to socionics from MBTI, it is better to try to forget everything you know about MBTI and start over. Then follow this procedure:

1.Take some tests and look at the results. You'll probably get 2 or 3 similar results.
    2.Read up on the quadras and the type descriptions to help narrow down your type.
    3.Let yourself be VI'd by someone that knows what they're doing. VI in the proper hands can be a very useful tool.
    4.And finally, confirm your own type via intertype relations. Once you experience some intertype relations and are able to identify them, you'll be typed correctly with 100% certitude.
    Terrible procedure. I do agree with the step before 1st one, forget about MBTI functions and start over, yes.

So why this procedure is no good, it can easily get stuck on the 2nd and/or the 3rd steps. 2nd may end up being too ambiguous to find a type. Then, VI definitely is not to be used to determine type. As for ITR, many of those relations as "defined" are ambiguous again and dependent on other, outside factors. Checking for duality relations to confirm is ok, but again, easy to misinterpret by many people. It's a better idea to just check for the dual seeking function.