User Tag List

12 Last

Socionics
    ILI

Default Societies dominated by Specific Quadra

A list of societies that represent the ideologies of the 4 Quadra. Feel free to add some or question some, these are just some starters.

Alpha - (+Ne, +Si, -Fe, -Ti)
    Japan
    Jamaica (?)

Beta - (+Fe, +Ti, -Se, -Ni)
    Nazi Germany
    United States

Gamma - (+Ni, +Se, -Te, -Fi)
    Soviet Union
    Imperial Japan

Delta - (+Te, +Fi, -Si, -Ne)
    Germany
    Australia

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Did know there were other things than Alpha
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    A list of societies that represent the ideologies of the 4 Quadra. Feel free to add some or question some, these are just some starters.

Japan
    Jamaica (?)

Nazi Germany
    United States

Soviet Union
    Imperial Japan

Germany
    Australia

I'd mostly like to know what your justifications are for Beta and Gamma.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes vorfreude liked this post

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I'd mostly like to know what your justifications are for Beta and Gamma.
    Nazi Germany is highly Beta, +Fe +Ti is almost assured with its emphasis on defining objective ethics (who is in the right, who is wrong, what society or government values in people) based on the decrees of the nation-state, along with the rigidity and symmetrical logic applied to rationalize and justify +Fe judgement (attempting to use knowledge and systems to prove that the German race was superior). Add that to the -Ni idealism and -Se minimization of weakness and you have an extremely unhealthy Beta Quadra ruled State. (The German Scientists operating under the state, however, heavily embodied Gamma Quadra traits)

The United States is nowhere near as Beta as Nazi Germany, and it is somewhat similar to Delta Quadra as well, but it still embodies the same mechanisms, "good" is primarily defined by American Society, where those who go against the tide are often shamed by the public (subdued Fi can be indicative of intolerance when it is rooted primarily in the collective) and arguments for political parties are usually built around objective ethics defining certain issues as right or wrong with sporadic defenses from a priori logical arguments to resolve them. To be fair, however, the Republican Party is more Delta/Gamma while the Democratic Party is more Alpha/Beta, so it primarily depends on who is running the nation at the time.

The Gamma Quadra selections are based heavily on the prominent feature of the Quadra, which is the theme of sacrifice for the greater good or ulterior endgame. The Soviet Union illustrates this with the heavily -Te communist government (survive with as few resources as possible), where the agricultural industry had to survive on a small fraction of their product while the government seized the majority of the product so that it could be evenly distributed and benefit all of society. This, in addition to the +Se of projecting an incredibly strong image and showing absolutely no weaknesses, illustrates the Gamma qualities of the Soviet Union. Imperial Japan illustrates this with their war tactics of sacrificing themselves for their nation (through several suicidal methods) and -Te ingenuity under pressure, where the Japanese would deploy extremely creative tactics with the resources they could scavenge, in complete cooperation with +Se of resisting the enemy at all costs and attempting to outlast the enemies in battles that would rage for days. In fact, the unwillingness to surrender created by the +Se and -Fi of the government caused their ultimate loss, their clutching to standing strong until it was impossible to fight.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Japan is mostly Delta - group work, politeness, propriety: Fi valuing aristocracy - with some Alpha off-shoots.

Britain mostly Delta with Gamma off-shoots. I've seen the entire royal family being typed as Delta starting from the Queen as Ne-EII.

America while it was founded by Deltas (Puritans, George Washington - ESTj) it has very strong Gamma influence (free markets, super-sizing things, action movies that advertise physical size and strength: Te/Se valuing).

Beta - most of the Eastern European block, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Belarus. Many of their key political figures are Beta STs. The distrust and misunderstanding they experience with the West is based on differences of Ti/Te and Fi/Fe values.

Middle East - mixed political arena between Betas, Gammas, and Deltas. There are radical religious elements that have Delta values of eliminating all vices to create a godly society present along side with Beta strong handed approach and Gamma political maneuvering.

China - Beta/Gamma mix. Unlike the Eastern European block they have been able to integrate the Gamma segment of their population into the dominant Beta one to achieve a Communist-run Capitalist society.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Soviet Russia can't be gamma because it wasn't a "democratic" society where people were free to do whatevert the wanted as long as they were not infringing someone else's rights (*). It was a society with a very strong control over the media.

(*) Notice how this characteristic is given by the presence of positivist-extraverts in democratic quadras (alpha and gamma) as opposed to negativist-extraverts in aristocratic quadras.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Japan
    Jamaica (?)
    Nazi Germany
    United States
    Soviet Union
    Imperial Japan
    Germany
    Australia
    1) Japan is Delta as fuck
    2) for the United States, it depends on the subculture (though I suppose this is always the case, it's just that, it being my home country, I'm more aware of the differences). hip-hop culture, corporate culture and jock/cheerleader culture (and subsequently frat/soro culture) are all very Beta (corporate culture is also Gamma), but left wing culture in general seems more Delta (which sometimes tries to be Alpha). for Alpha, I would say more of the EU in general (could be wrong here) and various Latin American countries.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I agree with Lord Of Elves that Japan seems extremely Delta and sulfit that the United States is more Gamma...corporate America on the Ni Te side and Hollywood/food/attitude towards sex on the Se Fi side. Remember, Fi Se types can even be moralistic Bible thumpers in the right context, just as much as they can be sensual or pleasantly humorous in another.

I agree that the United States is so diverse though it's hard to assign one type really, there are so many subcultures...but you know, it's pretty much mainstream like the Money Power Glory song by LDR, very Gamma, she was named the perfect reflection of modern day America as a popular artist by I believe it was Salon.com...all hail queen Lana

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Barack Obama is commonly typed as Fi-ISFj in Socionics, and both Bushes as ESTjs. So yeah, US culture is dominated by values of Te/Fi quadra.

friendly and accessible boomslang's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

USA is Te/Fi, slightly more Gamma than Delta, but the country itself is divided into so many smaller states, so it makes it harder for a uniform quadra value to shine through.

Russia I'd argue is actually Beta. They have that "things are illegal, but if you want them enough, take them" sort of idea going on.

Australia is certainly Delta, though in a different way to Mother England. I'd say Australia is Delta Irrational and England is Delta Rational. I read a page that said Australia's official type as an entire country would be SLI, I'm inclined to agree. A lot of people have a SLI flavour, even non-SLIs.