Thread: eBay is s***

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Also, I just bought an vintage A-2 flight jacket off Ebay and the first thing I noticed about it was it smells like an elderly man I've never met before. I febreezed it, but I can't shake it loose. It is hardcore marinated in spicy septuagenarian.

I still love it, but I wish the seller would have mentioned it came with 'Genuine Old Man Smell'.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

A window to the soul

Not a huge fan of eBay selling. Buying can be rather exciting. I highly recommend this little gem of an ass kicking, name taking eBay bidding side-kick of a web application...

https://www.bidnapper.com/

figsfiggyfigs

I prefer amazon...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I haven't had very many issues with E-bay on buying or selling, though there have been a couple. Has it maybe just gone down the shitter recently? Or maybe it's always been bad for those more mainstream items? I'm always buying and selling vintage computer equipment, industrial electronic stuff, odd things from exotic places, etc.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Try limiting jurisdictions (i.e. United States and Canada only) requiring quick or instant payments and set up a Paypal account and only accept Paypal payments (also get a debit card from paypal so you can access the cash as soon as you get it).

I have had minimal problems with ebay accept some sellers charge too much for shipping and eBay charges a rather steep sellers percentage commission (they must be making buckets of dough as the middle man).

Although I have not personally used it I hear this site is a good alternative. shopgoodwill.com - Welcome
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"