User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think we have two different views on type, you seem to be using MBTI to type people. Type in Jung's view is the precondition for a person to think a certain way.

There are alot of other important variables to a person's behaviour, liking upbringing, the current environment, and other sociological conditions. Type only plays one part in the complexity of human behaviour. The way people behave is a dynamic process of different influences and conditions.

It is important in Jung's idea of typology to separate a person's outward behaviour from their inner cognitive processes. Most of the time a person's outward behaviour will conicide with their cognitive disposition, however, you can't observe a person's outward behaviour and then say you know everything about that person, or know what that person is really thinking. People will not always act in the way their type entails them to.

And you say the annoying quality is intrinsic to the INFJ type, please explain this connection? Just because you meet a few INFJs that you deemed annoying, how does that make it intrinsic to all INFJs?

MBTI
    INTJ

I wholeheartedly agree that personality type is the "precondition" (predisposition?) for a person to think a certain way. Different personality types are going to react differently in different situations, and while there will always be variance within any given set, the averages will reflect group differences, and group differences reflect upon individuals, whether directly or indirectly. If you don't believe this, then I urge you to consider military and law enforcement candidate selection and tell recruiters from both institutions that personality has no bearing on individual behaviour. Personality influences thought, and thought governs behaviour.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i kind of agree with isfp... but it does appear as though it is the isfp's screaming isfp...

she seems less like she's writing about a particular reason or cause, or making a particular statement so much as she is just writing what sounds good.

I doubt she's just writing 'what sounds good'.

She strikes me as very INFJ (including her attention to sensory detail) She's very eloquent and as genial as she is aloof from the interviews I've seen/read (which is something I equate with INFJ women).
    Just because she isn't campaigning for the Nobel Peace Prize, it doesn't mean she isn't an INFJ. I really can't see her as an ISFP at all.

For a comparison: Joni Mitchell is ISFP - Not Newsom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    She's CUTE.

Adorable.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Oedipa_Maas View Post

Adorable.
    Touche.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

No, Newsom is isfp. She's way too cutesy/smiley/giggly not to be.

YouTube - Joanna Newsom - Artist Conversation - part 1/3 - Interview (2010-03-12 @ Calvin College)
    From left to right, my impressions are as follows:
    isfp, isfp, infp, isfp

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    No, Newsom is isfp. She's way too cutesy/smiley/giggly not to be.

YouTube - Joanna Newsom - Artist Conversation - part 1/3 - Interview (2010-03-12 @ Calvin College)
    From left to right, my impressions are as follows:
    isfp, isfp, infp, isfp
    I still don't see it. Even in that interview, she's exercising Ni more as a dominant function than a teritary. In her lyrics, her sensing doesn't seem immediate to me - She processes the physical world via Ni, with extraverted sensing being more a means of grounding that intricate interior world she seems to possess. You see this INxJ writers.

And since when are Fi types 'cutesy'? Most of them appear stoic, even the women. Wouldn't Fe be more likely to be that responsive?

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i put all my money on infj. her orchestration, it feels like bright eyes, but more challenging. van dyke parks--entp. she reminds me of an infj 4w5 sp/sx girl i know.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

And since when are Fi types 'cutesy'? Most of them appear stoic, even the women. Wouldn't Fe be more likely to be that responsive?
    well... you've certainly never met me.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I still don't see it. Even in that interview, she's exercising Ni more as a dominant function than a teritary. In her lyrics, her sensing doesn't seem immediate to me - She processes the physical world via Ni, with extraverted sensing being more a means of grounding that intricate interior world she seems to possess. You see this INxJ writers.
    From the interview, I really feel ISFP. I mean, I don't discount that I could be wrong on this. INFP's and INFJ's are much more confident, or at least give off an air of confidence when discussing their "art," or discussing in front of people in general. ISFP's are incredibly uncomfortable when asked about anything they create. INFP's and INFJ's don't necessarily prefer to be around a lot of people, but when thrown into it, are not made uncomfortable. INFP's/INFJ's prefer to be in their mind then around people, ISFP's are uncomfortable around people, especially when it comes to talking. We can be goofy and silly around groups of people or seem like a cool reserved cat, but aren't typically chatty or comfortable talking unless we're one on one with someone. The way she is during this questionnaire is very reminiscent of me in any sort of public speaking course or presentation I am forced to do in school.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Ethical subtype SEIs in socionics can be plenty demonstrative, but I was wrong, which I'll attribute to watching a few interviews and relying on association because an aversion to her music. Suppose I was skeptical because she doesn't seem adverse towards working with infps at all, and there's usually a noticeable communication gap between the types.

thinking of you