User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Ponies Again

MBTI
    INTP

Default Ponies Again

Yes, it's time for another Friendship is Magic Thread.

Twilight Sparkle: INFJ. Twilight's rather a tough one. She's clearly Ni-dominant, but seems to follow it with Ti and Fe. She's a smart pony, quite kind, but stubborn about her opinions and with a tendency to dispense advice unasked. She's prone to enter an obsessive state (Ni-Ti) in which she refuses to accept external information and simply tries to reason things out based solely on her Ni-vision. When pressed hard, she will try to force things and may become physically aggressive.

Rainbow Dash: ESTP. Rainbow Dash, by comparison, is a pretty easy one. She's more or less a textbook ESTP -- brash, with a love of physical challenges and a dislike of rules.

Pinkie Pie: ESFP. Pinkie Pie, a party loving hedonist, is almost a stereotypical ESFP. Some people have been typing her as ENFP, but Pinkie is largely uninterested in ideas, and has trouble grasping how other ponies see the world. She's also very physical and present in the "now," and her first reaction to something new is usually to pick it up and play with it. All these things show Se-dominance rather than Ne-dominance.

Fluttershy: ISFP. Fluttershy's Fi-dominance is pretty obvious, but her N/S orientation much less so, due to her strong introversion and reliance on her Fi. I have her as ISFP largely due to her connection with animals, the general "well-maintained clutter" look of her cottage, and her lack of anything resembling Ne.

Applejack: ISTJ. Serious, responsible Applejack is a pretty clear STJ. She's pretty balanced between E and I, but ultimately her Si is in charge, and she will frequently choose doing what she "ought" to do over what is practical.

Rarity: ESFJ. I would think Rarity should be obvious, but I've seen people tag her as ENFJ. Her shoulds and oughts tend to focus on physical things such as fixing a dress (or nest) properly and not on questions of right or wrong.
    Last edited by Offog; 05-28-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Fluttershy's Fi

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Twilight Sparkle - I don't see clear Ni from her, seems more like she's on the Si/Ne axis at least somewhere, and shows a pretty persistent I and T preference. So she's probably either an ISTJ or a very "J" INTP. Judging by that one episode where the future Twilight visits her, I'd lean more firmly towards ISTJ, as her Ne starts to take on an unsteady catastrophizing quality.

Rainbow Dash - little to question ESTP..... pretty darn obvious Se-dom. Her love of challenges takes on a stereotypically ESTP flavor.

Pinkie Pie - Likely ESFP, though the only super obvious letters are E and P. Do we get enough insight to whatever inner workings she may or may not possess to know her type? I don't know :P

Fluttershy - ISFP kinda seems right for her.... in tune with nature and the needs of the misunderstood and all that you know :P

Applejack - probably ESTJ, a little more involved and performance-driven that I'd expect of an ISTJ.

Rarity - ESFJ...... I don't see any N indication for her either.

MBTI
    INTP

A few more:

Princess Celestia: ENFJ. Kindly pedagogue or dangerous cult leader? You decide!
    Princess Luna: ENTJ. IT IS CUSTOMARY TO USE THIS MUCH TE WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS. Rather too willing to make sweeping changes in response to a Fi-prick to be ESTJ.

At this point I'm more or less guessing.

Princess Cadence: ENFP. Our glimpse of the "real" Cadence is pretty short, so this is based largely on "vibe."
    Big Macintosh: ISFJ. Shy, hardworking, and sensitive.
    Cheerilee: ENTP. This is a rather wilder guess than the others. Cheerilee relies strongly on Fe while teaching, but also shows signs of perceiver-orientation, such as letting class out early to watch Apple Bloom do loop-de-hoop tricks. Fe in a perceiver usually means ENTP or ESTP, and ENTP fits her general demeanor better.

MBTI
    INTP

Learning about Enneagram. Very different from MBTI. I'm not going to bother with trying to figure out whether to assign wings or not.

The ponies are actually spread out through the Enneagram quite well.

Twilight Sparkle - One. I kind of thought she was a Five at first, but no.
    Rarity - Two.
    Rainbow Dash - Three. Amazing how well these two fit.
    No Four or Five.
    Applejack - Six.
    Pinkie Pie - Seven.
    Eight seems to be the domain of villains and bratty schoolfillies.
    Fluttershy - Nine. I looked at Four, but Four seems to be all about the Neigh.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Twilight Sparkle ISTJ 1w9 or 6w5 sp/so
    Rainbow Dash ESTP 6w7 (cp) sx/sp
    Fluttershy ISFP 9w1 sp/sx
    Pinkie Pie ENFP 7w6 so/sx
    Applejack ESTJ 1w2 so/sx
    Rarity ESFJ 3w4 so/sp
    What about Spike and the cutie mark crusaders?
    Last edited by wistfulwillow; 08-11-2012 at 01:08 AM.
    4w5-5w4-1w2 sp/sx
    Neutral Good
    Ravenclaw
    “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
    ― John Green

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

God, how are you guys not seeing that Twilight Sparkle is a fuckin' ESFJ 2w3?

Pinkie Pie might in all honesty be ENFP (she's insane, that's usually how I tell the difference between ENFP and ESFP.)

I don't know about Rarity. She kind of seems like an ENFJ 3w4.

Of course Rainbow Dash is ESTP, I don't think that's really ever going to be disputed. Seems like 7 is somewhere in there. I'm thinking 7w8 since she can get all drill-sergeant-y.

Applejack is ESTJ. Probably 1...don't know about the wing.

Fluttershy is either ISFP or ISFJ. Inclined to say ISFP, though.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    God, how are you guys not seeing that Twilight Sparkle is a fuckin' ESFJ 2w3?

Pinkie Pie might in all honesty be ENFP (she's insane, that's usually how I tell the difference between ENFP and ESFP.)

I don't know about Rarity. She kind of seems like an ENFJ 3w4.

Of course Rainbow Dash is ESTP, I don't think that's really ever going to be disputed. Seems like 7 is somewhere in there. I'm thinking 7w8 since she can get all drill-sergeant-y.

Applejack is ESTJ. Probably 1...don't know about the wing.

Fluttershy is either ISFP or ISFJ. Inclined to say ISFP, though.
    Twilight Sparkle an ESFJ 2w3? Sorry, I just don't see it. Care to explain?
    4w5-5w4-1w2 sp/sx
    Neutral Good
    Ravenclaw
    ― John Green

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by wistfulwillow View Post
    Twilight Sparkle an ESFJ 2w3? Sorry, I just don't see it. Care to explain?
    She's a try-hard and a goodie-two-shoes. Down to earth, wants to please people. Humble.

ESFJ 2w3.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    She's a try-hard and a goodie-two-shoes. Down to earth, wants to please people. Humble.

ESFJ 2w3.
    Those sound like characteristics that could apply to any SJ. Personally, I think she's an ISTJ due to her outright lack of interest in socializing. As the show goes along, she grows to enjoy the company of others, but she still needs time alone to recharge more so than the other ponies.
    I also don't really see the Fe in her. She cares about her friends, but she isn't very aware of their emotional needs. For example, in the sleepover episode from season 1, she's so focused on following her schedule that she doesn't notice that Rarity and Applejack are fighting. This seems like something an ISTJ would do. I don't understand how any type with dominant Fe could be so oblivious.
    4w5-5w4-1w2 sp/sx
    Neutral Good
    Ravenclaw
    ― John Green

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by wistfulwillow View Post
    Those sound like characteristics that could apply to any SJ. Personally, I think she's an ISTJ due to her outright lack of interest in socializing. As the show goes along, she grows to enjoy the company of others, but she still needs time alone to recharge more so than the other ponies.
    I also don't really see the Fe in her. She cares about her friends, but she isn't very aware of their emotional needs. For example, in the sleepover episode from season 1, she's so focused on following her schedule that she doesn't notice that Rarity and Applejack are fighting. This seems like something an ISTJ would do. I don't understand how any type with dominant Fe could be so oblivious.
    There is no way she's ISTJ. I'd believe that cockamamie INFJ typing before ISTJ.