• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Chesterbelloc

Zaerne

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not quite good at typing. Can anybody lend help?

G.K. Chesterton

An absent-minded man who wrote most of his writings while waiting for his train (probably because he missed the one he was supposed to ride), Chesterton is known to be very humble. His most famous works are Orthodoxy, a book that some may call his spiritual biography, detailing how he came across Christianity, and The Man Who Was Thursday, a fictitious story about a poet-spy named Gregory Syme. He has written thousands of essays, many books and poems, and, I think, one play. He was known as a great speaker who laughed at his own jokes and also an able debater, but not so much as his friend, Hilaire Belloc.

Hilaire Belloc

A poet who was described by Chesterton as one who's low spirits exceeded most everybody's high spirits. He was not afraid of conflict and spoke out his beliefs confidently. While running for Parliament, someone once advised him to keep quiet about religion. As soon as he got the chance to speak, Hilaire introduced his audience to his rosary.

...Great...I think you can find out more about this people on the web than me...

S

Sniffles

I just created a thread about Hilaire Belloc here:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...-what-type-does-english-writer-sound-like.htm

He seems to have been ENTX.

Chesterton has been classifed as an Introverted Intuitive, and my wild guess would be INFJ(I cannot see him as anything near INTJ).

It would also make sense, since Typelogic classifies INFJ-ENTX relationships in a manner very befitting of the Chesterbelloc.

ENTP-INFJ relationships as classed as Pedagogue meaning: "each is both the other's mentor and student: has a "parent to child" feel".

That IMO is a very good description of the Chesterbelloc relationship. Belloc certainly was more the teacher, but over time even he came to admiring Chesterton's insights.

But the same can be said of INFJ-ENTJ too with Tribesman: "share a sense of culture, but with different interests and abilities". That too is a very close description of how they interacted with each other.

Then again ENTJ-INFJ relationship