User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Anjelica Huston

MBTI
    IsFJ

Default Anjelica Huston

Anjelica Huston is an American actress and occasional director. She's had roles in movies such as Prizzi's Honor, The Witches, The Grifters, The Addams Family (and its sequel), Choke, as well as working frequently in Wes Anderson's films (The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou). Here she is talking about her directorial debut, Bastard Out of Carolina:

What type do you think she is? These two interviews may provide clues... I think she's some sort of FJ, given quotes such as these:

I think with Clark being an actor, he went more for the character in the piece, and for the humanistic moments. Which I think is a good thing, too, because it softened some of the harsher aspects of the material...which is not lovable, it's far from lovable. But I think, you know, there's a fine line between repulsive...and something else. And it shouldn't just be repulsive, it has to be thought-provoking, and it has to push the edges...but it can't just be horrible. It can't just be disgusting, even though there are, in fact, everything but bodily fluids in this movie. You don't want to send people howling from the theater, and on the other hand, you have to negotiate this very dangerous edge of what will make people run from the theater, and what will, in some way, attract them, and lure them, and hypnotize them.
    And remember that I've also already played the craziest mother, although I thought she was a great mother...Morticia Addams [laughs]. She was a wonderful mother to play, because everything is about the antithesis of what it should be. "Oh, you're looking so ill, so pale. How wonderful!!"
    I think much more for the patient is for the person who loves the patient, or the Victor Mancini side of the couple who takes it to heart, who can’t believe that he’s not recognized by his mother, the woman he loves and who loves him. There’s a wonderful quote that I’ll paraphrase, in Joan Didion’s book, about loss and her mother which is like, “Who will know me, now that my mother is dead? Who will recognize me? Who will ever know me in that way?” That’s, I think, the basis of the problem between the child observing the parent losing their way or the lover watching his lover drift.
    Your thoughts?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

sp/so e65?

thinking of you

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthiness View Post
    sp/so e65?
    I could see her as sx-last... She's got a pretty mellow disposition, almost clinical.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

3w4 sp/sx
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

INTJ
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    INTJ
    she definitely seems IXXJ, INTJ makes sense
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

i loved her with jack nicholson.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    she definitely seems IXXJ, INTJ makes sense
    Yeah, it was between that and ISTJ, but I think she seems more like an INTJ (she doesn't seem as stiff and naturally stuffy as ISTJs.) ISTJ would be my second guess, though.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, it was between that and ISTJ, but I think she seems more like an INTJ (she doesn't seem as stiff and naturally stuffy as ISTJs.) ISTJ would be my second guess, though.
    ISTJ was actually my first guess, but I agree, it's between those 2 types. she sort of reminds me of a female Len Tsukimori (he's a character from La Corda D'oro who gives off a similar vibe). I am almost certain about 3w4 sp/sx though
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

MBTI
    IsFJ

Funny how people seem to gather that she's a Te type... I initially thought she was a Fe user, with all the (kind of effusive) praise she gives people (like Chuck Palahniuk in the interviews I linked to). Then again, maybe that's just my F bias talking.