User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Type is Anakin Skywalker?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISFP

    14 42.42%
  • INFP

    3 9.09%
  • ENFP

    5 15.15%
  • ENTJ

    4 12.12%
  • other

    7 21.21%
First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 81

  1. #61
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    It seems our biggest issue here is where his desire for power comes from and whether his arrogance is genuine or not. It seems clear to me that he had a hero complex and was afraid of bad things happening to those he loved and this was the reason why he wanted to be powerful, and you say it is because he just wanted power for power in and of itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I'm sure you share other similarities, but your reported behavior is nothing like Anakin's
    All I was saying was that he was afraid of bad things happening to those he loved that was beyond his control, and this isn't exclusive to 8s. 6s fear this too, as I did when I was younger. So yes, my reported behavior was similar to Anakin in that regard.

    I mean, just because he isn't visibly anxious, doesn't make him not afraid. I mean, dear God, Yoda had said his biggest problem was being afraid to let go of his attachments.

    this is specific neither to 6s nor 8s
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. I'm just saying that he was worried for her, and his desire to protect her was 6-ish. It would seem like an 8 would leave people to their own devices.

    I'm still gonna disagree here. Anakin want's to get his way, and when he is not strong enough to get his way, he gets very upset, like an 8
    He wants to get his way because he doesn't want anything bad happening to those he loved. His mindset was similar to, "No, I must not let her die, I must protect her!" and "The Jedi are too strict and won't give me the freedom I need to keep my attachments."

    Sidious just brought it out
    More like, Sidious made him think that everyone was distrustful, and that only the Dark Side can give him the power to not worry about others being unfaithful to him. That's why when he saw Sidious torturing Luke, he thought he was betrayed and joined Luke's side because he felt Luke's sincerity.

    Also, Sidious manipulated him through fear of losing Padme, one of the only people who he felt he could trust.

    I don't think Anakin ever had much of a desire for security
    Yes, he totally did. At least at first (after he became a Jedi, though), he was an insecure person who always had doubts about himself and craved reassurance. When he talked about how "powerful" he was, he seemed to be trying to convince himself that he really was powerful, when he deep down felt like he was a bad Jedi. He felt like he wasn't good enough, and whenever Palpatine told him how powerful he was, he desperately gripped at those compliments so he could confirm that, yes, he really was talented. So, really, I think the arrogance is a mask he put on to make him seem more self-assured than he truly was. Even though he may have seemed strong on the outside, there was an internal war that was raging inside of him. His conscience was like a dragon who was beating up constantly, who was telling him what he didn't what to hear. To escape from it, he went to Palpatine for reassurance. I think that is why he liked to do physical, athletic things -- it helped him escape from his mental life, which was full of intense feelings of fear, anger, confusion, guilt, and worry.

    Also, why do you think he is so possessive? He feared losing his attachments.

    anyone would feel that way
    Are you saying anyone would feel like the Jedi betrayed them? Because that's what I was saying. He felt like the Jedi betrayed him.

    - this has nothing to do with Sx dom
    - neither is this an issue of scapegoating, it's an issue of freedom. he wants to be free to do what he wants, go as fast as he wants and reach his potential, but Obi-Wan is hovering over him like a condescending ISTJ and barking orders at him.
    Well, to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what "Id" means. Could you explain?

    agreed
    Also, bear in mind here that 6s are the most varying Enneatype, and, while they all have the same, general motivation and fears, they all react differently.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  2. #62
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,907

    Default

    He feels ISFP to me.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  3. #63
    Secret Sex Freak Hazashin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    He feels ISFP to me.
    Possibly, although I think he could be any FP, honestly (unless someone can make a convincing argument for him being an Ne-user or an Se-user, and whether Fi is first or second). Just because he's a good mechanic, good pilot, and good fighter and he's physically coordinated and impulsive, doesn't make him an Se-user, per se. He was, after all, raised as a slave to a spaceship/podracer parts shop owner and trained as a Jedi and he has a very high Midichlorian count, so it only makes sense he's good at those things. And he's impulsive because he's very Sx-dominant. This is obviously apparent by he becomes so attached to things, which was the ultimate reason for his downfall. Actually, he seems to use Ne instead of Se because he questions why the way things are the way they are and virtually views reality as a box he can't escape. Plus, he hates the Jedi's SJ way of doing things.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

    Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

    "Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

    Tatiana ♥

  4. #64
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    It seems our biggest issue here is where his desire for power comes from and whether his arrogance is genuine or not. It seems clear to me that he had a hero complex and was afraid of bad things happening to those he loved and this was the reason why he wanted to be powerful, and you say it is because he just wanted power for power in and of itself.
    8s want power for this reason too, more often than 6s


    All I was saying was that he was afraid of bad things happening to those he loved that was beyond his control, and this isn't exclusive to 8s. 6s fear this too, as I did when I was younger. So yes, my reported behavior was similar to Anakin in that regard.
    for the most part though, he took a devil-may-care approach to life, not really worrying/being concerned about much of anything

    I mean, just because he isn't visibly anxious, doesn't make him not afraid. I mean, dear God, Yoda had said his biggest problem was being afraid to let go of his attachments.
    Sx dom, and also 8. 8s have difficulty relinquishing their desire for control over things they have no influence over.

    I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. I'm just saying that he was worried for her, and his desire to protect her was 6-ish. It would seem like an 8 would leave people to their own devices.
    not always, his desire to protect his wife was mostly just being a heterosexual male

    He wants to get his way because he doesn't want anything bad happening to those he loved. His mindset was similar to, "No, I must not let her die, I must protect her!" and "The Jedi are too strict and won't give me the freedom I need to keep my attachments."
    same as above


    More like, Sidious made him think that everyone was distrustful, and that only the Dark Side can give him the power to not worry about others being unfaithful to him. That's why when he saw Sidious torturing Luke, he thought he was betrayed and joined Luke's side because he felt Luke's sincerity.
    Also, Sidious manipulated him through fear of losing Padme, one of the only people who he felt he could trust.
    this applies to both 6s and 8s (though, somewhat more to 6s)


    Yes, he totally did. At least at first (after he became a Jedi, though), he was an insecure person who always had doubts about himself and craved reassurance. When he talked about how "powerful" he was, he seemed to be trying to convince himself that he really was powerful, when he deep down felt like he was a bad Jedi. He felt like he wasn't good enough, and whenever Palpatine told him how powerful he was, he desperately gripped at those compliments so he could confirm that, yes, he really was talented. So, really, I think the arrogance is a mask he put on to make him seem more self-assured than he truly was. Even though he may have seemed strong on the outside, there was an internal war that was raging inside of him. His conscience was like a dragon who was beating up constantly, who was telling him what he didn't what to hear. To escape from it, he went to Palpatine for reassurance. I think that is why he liked to do physical, athletic things -- it helped him escape from his mental life, which was full of intense feelings of fear, anger, confusion, guilt, and worry.
    I don't see any of this, from Episode 1 on it seemed clear he was very confident in his abilities

    Also, why do you think he is so possessive? He feared losing his attachments.
    like an Sx dom of any E type


    Are you saying anyone would feel like the Jedi betrayed them? Because that's what I was saying. He felt like the Jedi betrayed him.
    both 6s and 8s would feel this

    Well, to be honest, I'm not exactly sure what "Id" means. Could you explain?
    http://personalitycafe.com/articles/...enneagram.html


    Also, bear in mind here that 6s are the most varying Enneatype, and, while they all have the same, general motivation and fears, they all react differently.
    true
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #65
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    ......I feel fucking stupid looking back on this thread. Anakin is a fucking TWO!
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #66
    Super Ape Luke O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Some threads never die.

    Awaking is an introverted soul, and I did see him more as an ISTP. He's a practical solutions guy to me and while a lot of us are mechanically minded, he enjoys fixing things/doing maintenance, it destresses him. Interested to see where people see the Fi though, for those who see him as ISFP. Of the things he does build, I don't see beauty in them, especially his speeder which if you compare to the others is definitely more function over style. I could be overgeneralising though.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Kheledon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    136 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    577

    Default

    All jedi are ENFj. The combination of Extraverted Feeling and Introverted Intuition is what lets Yoda know that "Skywalker is in pain" despite the fact that Anakin is light-years away from him. It's what allows Vader to say, "That's it. The rebels are there." The jedi are all show-off performers (as one would expect from an ENFj). They are so effective with Fe that they can convince weak-minded people of just about anything. "These are not the droids you're looking for." Sounds like ENFj to me.



    At least there's some advantage to having very thin emotional/ethical boundaries.
    MBTI: ENFJ
    M/B Functional Stack: Dominant--Fe, Auxilliary--Ni, Tertiary--Se, Inferior--Ti
    Ego (Jungian): FeNi
    Socionics: EIE-Fe, Beta
    Socionics Functional Stack: Program--Fe, Creative--Ni, Role--Te, PoLR--Si
    Enneagram Type 1
    Tritype 136
    Big Five: SCOEI - sxO|E|i
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    House: Slytherin (the "ethical teacher" type, i.e. Severus Snape)
    Color Code: Blue (intimacy-driven)
    Soul Type: Educator

    Sentio ergo sum.
    Likes Silent liked this post

  8. #68
    What Is Life? RobinSkye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kheledon View Post
    All jedi are ENFj. The combination of Extraverted Feeling and Introverted Intuition is what lets Yoda know that "Skywalker is in pain" despite the fact that Anakin is light-years away from him. It's what allows Vader to say, "That's it. The rebels are there." The jedi are all show-off performers (as one would expect from an ENFj). They are so effective with Fe that they can convince weak-minded people of just about anything. "These are not the droids you're looking for." Sounds like ENFj to me.



    At least there's some advantage to having very thin emotional/ethical boundaries.
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool no
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

    My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

  9. #69
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobinSkye View Post
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool no. ENFj is a socionics term equivalent for ENFP, by the way.
    no it's not lol
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  10. #70
    What Is Life? RobinSkye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    no it's not lol
    You're right, it's not
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

    My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

Similar Threads

  1. The Conflict over Anakin's Personality Type Ends Here and Now
    By Mal12345 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-23-2017, 01:58 PM
  2. Anakin Diagnosed Professionally
    By Mal12345 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-20-2012, 11:19 AM
  3. Jake Lloyd (Young Anakin)
    By Mal12345 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 08:29 PM
  4. Mistyping Luke Skywalker and Harry Potter
    By nightwatcher in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 10:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO