User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Thread: Kurt Cobain

He was a poster child for enneagram 4... If there ever was any.... And poster child for *prejudice* about INFPs

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Agreed, enneagram 4w5, INFP.

I would have thought ISFP upon first appearances, but after watching some interview clips I'm certain INFP.

edit: I leave room for the possibility of INTP, as well. However, ISFP is off the list.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Hum, why not, but I don't see the reserve and the bluntness that Sp/So often have. From my experience, Sp/So 5 are guys like Bill Gates or Vladimir Putin (they are 5w6s though).

And I find them very different from Kurt Kobain. At the opposite, a 5w4 Sx/Sp is a guy like Thom Yorke or Jim Morisson, wich make more sense to me.

People with the So in second in their stacking, Sp/So and Sx/So tend to be popular icon and to be fake atention whore with sometimes a cult built around them, but that was not really the case of Kurt Kobain I think. He was just a self destructive guy absorbed by his passions and his darkness, more Sx/Sp to me.

A good example of 5w4 Sp/So would be Daria in my mind:
    I'm not sure about Putin (is he not an istj? strongly relies on Si in interviews. sp/so e19? e65?), but the water seems to run off Gates' back, so to speak, with more ease (automated smiling, eyes are more active in search for signals, etc.) than with an sp-dom. e56 so/sx intj is my estimate.

If we're using foreign (presumably correctly-typed sp/so e54) examples, I watch my fair share of basketball,

so try Dirk Nowitski (who I think is infp): warm, lagging responses, kinda like listening to a hairdryer hum on low.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVwSm...eature=related
    What do you think?

I think he spends more time discussing how concerned he was with the opinions' of others.
    Verbally mentions changing outward appearance to fit in, pretty clumsily and childish really, but nonetheless reflective of an unhealthy sp/so e54.

"Opiates have always made me feel the security that I've wanted to feel to where I didn't hate people as much...
    I have a little bit of affection for them."

sp-doms are generally straightforward with their speech; notice how quickly he attributes the importance of feeling safe, secure, and balanced, compared to the whisper about (gasp) relying on another to remedy those turbulent mood swings.

Maybe he delves into necessity of intimacy in the 2nd part?

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5W4

ENTP, I think
    Ne, Ti, Fe, Si
    It is logical. Futhermore To an INTP Would be very difficult to sing in a stage with thousands persons.
    ~Lex dura, sed lex~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

very obvious infp to me. either 5w4 or 4w5. I went through a phase of being completely obsessed with him.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blanchard View Post
    ENTP, I think
    Ne, Ti, Fe, Si
    It is logical. Futhermore To an INTP Would be very difficult to sing in a stage with thousands persons.
    I think that feat is fairly difficult for most people, regardless of type. Remember, stage fright > death, spiders, snakes, heights, and well, everything else

I certainly handle the stage better than many people I know, even Es and Ss and Fs and Js

ISFP, Fi+Ni lyrics with bits of Se thrown in there

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

You guys are insane fucking insane! He was on goddamned heroin! This is like saying hemingway was an nf because he was on drugs. Seriously, W T F? Maybe Nietzsche was an nf because he was an author or Freud because he was a psychologist
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Cobain= FUBAR.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    You guys are insane fucking insane! He was on goddamned heroin! This is like saying hemingway was an nf because he was on drugs. Seriously, W T F? Maybe Nietzsche was an nf because he was an author or Freud because he studied basically invented psychology
    I'd think heroin would make him seem more of an ISFP than anything.. but from reading his journals and interviews with him he never struck me as a very in the moment kind of person.