First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ I think her dad is a total ISTJ.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I always thought she was INFJ. That's why I liked that movie so much because I admire INFJ's.
    Me too. I just watched it again last night. I think she's an INFJ because she gets a lot of enjoyment from the small things in life that everyone else fails to notice. Also she is busy throughout the film interacting in people's lives around her to make them better, but in an indirect way so that they're not aware of her influence. This seems *very* INFJ to me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    Me too. I just watched it again last night. I think she's an INFJ because she gets a lot of enjoyment from the small things in life that everyone else fails to notice. Also she is busy throughout the film interacting in people's lives around her to make them better, but in an indirect way so that they're not aware of her influence. This seems *very* INFJ to me.
    totally agree, also the way she just vigilantly goes into that guy's apartment and fucks about with all his things seem very INFJ to me

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Another vote for INFJ. She's strong on the Ni, which gives her the outer impression of a P. Ni is all about placing yourself in someone else's shoes, seeing the diverse sides of the same object. Amelie doesn't appear to be much of a Fi user as she's consistently putting her energy into creating an external harmony, making other people happy. I could almost imagine that if we were to ask what she desired for herself, she'd probably struggle to find the right words.

*Ni: internally perceiving the environment; not judging the information. (Example: People watching.)
    *Fe: implementing Ni's visions. (Example: Fixing people's lives to her interpretation of what it should be. Creating order out of chaos.)

And I second the_state_i_am in's posts.

(Music! )
    [YOUTUBE=aip3836VtZ0]Yann Tiersen - La Valse d'Amelie[/YOUTUBE]
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I've always hated that film. Too silly, too boring, too fool of stupid feelings, unbearable.
    I just remember that Amelie is an INFJ. She'has defenitely Se in inferior: does'nt trust her instincts, extremely chaste, does'nt live in the present moment. And she has Ni and Fe in dominant and auxillary, she runs her own life to help other peoples according to her own vision, but that does'nt fill in her inferior Se.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

^ Haha. When Ni is working without Se, perceptions become exceedingly unusual and disconnected from the moment; Ne at least has the E to ground itself down. Amelie is no doubt living in a different world than the rest of the population. (This explains how she can see what others don't.) Other types can do the same, but it's out of individuality (Fi) or searching for the ultimate logic (Ti).

Her desire to deeply connect with the community (Fe) is incredibly hindered by her peculiar sight (Ni) and as you said, detachment of reality (inferior Se). She spends most of the film struggling with an insatiable loneliness. Fi would be more satisfied on its own.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

she doesn't just help others.

she has never deeply connected with another person. and she is afraid of taking risks in which she would get hurt. she has no support structure and feels very alone. she has a beautiful vision and amazing imagination, but no outlet until she has her epiphany. this jostles her and moves her into more and more challenging situations, in which she finally meets someone with whom she can tango HER way, which involves connecting with N, Fe, and Ti before the prerequisites for Se are completed.

for infjs connecting and extraverting lean far more heavily on Fe than Se. that is how they communicate first and foremost. and with the guy she meets, she finally realizes she with him she CAN.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I 100% agree with all explanation of the state i am in . Yeah..Amelie absolutely 100% is an INFJ. c'est très vrai ^_^

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i'm curious why everyone immediately disregarded amelie as a sensing type versus an intuitive type. although i can validly see her as an INFP or an INFJ... i just wondered why ISFP was never a consideration. she seeks many of life's little pleasures: skips stones, takes in the sites and smells of paris, photographs the clouds, gets pleasure from sinking her hand into the bag of beans... she's also a little deviant with those she considers to be of lower moral standing. she enjoys people watching and inquiring. sure, she retreats into her imagination, but she also knows how to live in the present and enjoys life's little treats.

YouTube - Amelie - helping a blind man
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

INFJ 9w1 Sp/Sx?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan