User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Jerry - ISTP
    Elaine - ESTJ
    Kramer - ENTP (or possibly ENFP)
    George - George is a weird one, because the character is based on Larry David, an INFJ, but Jason Alexander plays him a little differently. So I think he's some sort of a hybrid between INFJ and maybe ESFP. If I had to stick one type on him I'd say INFJ since they tend to display a variety of personality traits anyway.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Can anyone tell me the types of the main characters on Seinfeld?
    I don't know the exact types, MBTI style but I would reckon to guess their Keirsey temperments

Jerry --- SJ. He is the most conventional, concerned with the most concrete issues of all three. He has a well developed J function, considering his obsessive orderliness. He is the most stable of all the major characters. Probably an XSTJ

George --- George is an NF. He is extremely emotional and prone to the most bizarre ideas. In fact George is prone to episodes of extreme irrationality, which I can see as an NF trait. (his emotions and his abstract thoughts form a volatile mix, a caricature of many NFs) As an NF, I can see George being the most like myself (while most things George does are not similar to my own actions, I can identify with his cognitive process the best. Type is probably an ENFP or INFP

Elaine --- SP. I don't know how to explain this one as well as the others, but Elaine seems to be interested in concrete issues, but is far more flexible in dealing with things than jerry, who shows a very J like obsession with insignificant details. Elaine does get caught up in some of that, but overall she seems much more "go with the flow" than jerry. ESFP or ISFP

Kramer---an NT. He definetly has what one poster called the "mad scientist" vibe about him, and functions on a plane that few of us can understand. He is almost surely an INTP

Newman --- SP. ISFP?

Puddy--- ISFJ?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K Octopus View Post
    I don't know the exact types, MBTI style but I would reckon to guess their Keirsey temperments

Jerry --- SJ. He is the most conventional, concerned with the most concrete issues of all three. He has a well developed J function, considering his obsessive orderliness. He is the most stable of all the major characters. Probably an XSTJ

George --- George is an NF. He is extremely emotional and prone to the most bizarre ideas. In fact George is prone to episodes of extreme irrationality, which I can see as an NF trait. (his emotions and his abstract thoughts form a volatile mix, a caricature of many NFs) As an NF, I can see George being the most like myself (while most things George does are not similar to my own actions, I can identify with his cognitive process the best. Type is probably an ENFP or INFP

Elaine --- SP. I don't know how to explain this one as well as the others, but Elaine seems to be interested in concrete issues, but is far more flexible in dealing with things than jerry, who shows a very J like obsession with insignificant details. Elaine does get caught up in some of that, but overall she seems much more "go with the flow" than jerry. ESFP or ISFP

Kramer---an NT. He definetly has what one poster called the "mad scientist" vibe about him, and functions on a plane that few of us can understand. He is almost surely an INTP

Newman --- SP. ISFP?

Puddy--- ISFJ?

I would like to revise these:

Jerry --- SJ. Most likely an ESTJ or an ISTJ.

George --- NF, fo sho. ENFX, probably

Elaine --- ISFP

Kramer --- INTP

Newman --- ISTP or ISFP

David Puddy --- ISTJ

Frank Costanza --- ENFX.

George's Mom --- some SJ combination

Jerry's parents --- both SJ

MBTI
    ENTP

Kramer is definately an improvisor (EXTRAVERTED SENSING, not intuition).

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

George is an ST. He strikes me as ESTP. He is the stereotypical con artist. There is no way he is an NF. He looks for meaning in life? Nah. He really seems like an extrovert to me. Since when does he spend time alone reflecting? You can't scrape him off with a spatula.

Regarding George's ability to morph to his environment and display different kinds of fronts, that is part and parcel of the ESTP. They are especially gifted at reading external signals, and adapting themselves in the moment to spontaneously fit the requirements of the concrete world.

I agree Kramer is an ENtP

Elaine also seems extroverted to me, but I have a hard time typing her.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    Opposite George - when he desides that every gut instinct he's had is wrong so he does the exact opposite of that, and becomes wildly successful.
    This episode is just on. It's hillarious.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INXP

I think Jerry might be an ENTJ; Kramer is most likely an ENFP; Elaine is probably an ENTJ like Jerry; and George is pretty much a mess lol, I have no idea what he could be.

MBTI
    I

Jerry - INTJ
    George - INFP
    Elaine - ESFP
    Kramer - ESTP

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Kramer is ENTP if I've ever seen one. Kramerica Industries, the oil bladder, "the Beach" cologne, the Bro... only an ENTP would consistently try to implement his crazy ideas upon the world like that. He never struck me as a feeler either. And a sensor? HA! He's so haphazard and bumps into everything. No way.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

^
    Definitely; so it's settled for Kramer.