User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is MacGyver?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTP

4 50.00%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ENTP

4 50.00%
  • INTP

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
First 123

Thread: MacGyver

Riva

There seems to be a consensus to say that MacGyver is a TP. But a controverse about which one he is exactly. I've saw him typed as ISTP, ESTP, ENTP and INTP.
    I would love to meet the fool who typed him as an INTP. It was probably an INTP. Lolz.

It's like the 'Which Type is the Best in Bed?' poll in which INTPs got quite a high amount of votes.

I'd say he is ENTP, he is pretty socially skilled and more in touch with Fe, driven by compassion for people and duty to the group, but he's more head in the cloud and cerebral than an ESTP. So ENTP.
    McGyver head in the clouds?

He is such a down to earth, hands on, impulsive, plan-less, get things done, not so concerned about the big picture person it hurts to see him being typed as any other type than as an SP. Urgh!

Being in touch with Fe doesn't necessarily have to make one an extroverted TP. I've met plenty of IXTPs who are quite well in touch with Fe. There are some good feedback on that point in this thread.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Being in touch with Fe doesn't necessarily have to make one an extroverted TP. I've met plenty of IXTPs who are quite well in touch with Fe. There are some good feedback on that point in this thread.
    Yes, that's why Tom Cruis is an ISTP, despite many people refuse to admit it.

Other than that, MacGyver seems quite big picture oriented and concerned with social issues, especially in the 5-7 sesons.

I still not sure about his type. But yes, MacGyver is quite introspective and head in the clouds when he is alone.

I still not sure about his type.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yes, that's why Tom Cruis is an ISTP, despite many people refuse to admit it.
    I'm not refusing to admit it. I just think it's wrong. His behavior goes beyond simple "Fe" courtesies. He's an effusive jackass.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm not refusing to admit it. I just think it's wrong. His behavior goes beyond simple "Fe" courtesies. He's an effusive jackass.
    He is a 3, and he fall under the influence of a secte. He was pretty more introvert, cerebral and reflective before that.
    Last edited by Speed Gavroche; 05-15-2012 at 05:12 AM.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan