• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coming to terms with one's values

ygolo

My termites win
How clear are your values to you?

What are your values?

How did you discover your values?

How malleable are your values?

How did you change your life to align with your values?

I am asking, because I am going through a phase where I need to (re?)discover my values.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

What are your values?

My core values are:
My God
My family
Other people (specifically treating others as well as I'd like to be treated).

These values are the ones that are clear to me. If I have others, then I'm not sure what they are, but I wouldn't say the unknown ones are fairly solid either like the ones I've listed.

I developed my values after becoming a Christian (about 10 years ago).

The ones I listed are solid. I expect to keep them my whole life.

My main change was going from athiest/agnostic to Christian. Once I decided to trust my life to God, my behavior, beliefs and values naturally changed and developed.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

They are quite clear, even if sometimes it is not clear how I can make situations fit into them.

What are your values?

Love for freedom and happiness, love for knowledge and love of harmony between me and the people I love.

By trial and error, and by exclusion.

They're sufficiently malleable in the sense that given that they're somewhat abstract it's not so hard to adhere to them.

Let's say that my values are mostly a byproduct of the types of life I found to be most satisfactory.