User Tag List

View Poll Results: Science or the Supernatural?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Science

8 80.00%
  • Supernatural

2 20.00%
12 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Default Science or the Supernatural?

Even if they both may be true on various levels, which of the 2 categories interests you more, or would you more likely build upon: Science or the Supernatural?

I dont think its either-or.

There's a lot of things which are supernatural until they are investigated and understood, then they are science.

Although it used to be more interestingly or excitingly linked, the earliest scientists or researchers were like magicians or at least sages and mages.

Socionics
    IEE

I agree. Jungs work would have been based on the supernatural and is still seen as a pseudoscience, but once neuroscientists start looking at different types' brains patterns, it will become science. Just did a google search. They already did. lol.
    Last edited by Eye of the Potato; 10-23-2013 at 08:15 PM.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Potato View Post
    I agree. Jungs work would have been based on the supernatural and is still seen as a pseudoscience, but once neuroscientists start looking at different types brain patterns it will become science. Just did a google search. They already did. lol.
    I do not understand how observing causation in the psyche is supernatural.

I think the supernatural is of most minor importance, for if it is supernatural, there is no way to probe its innards. A true logical fallacy, that term.

Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post
    I do not understand how observing causation in the psyche is supernatural.

I think the supernatural is of most minor importance, for if it is supernatural, there is no way to probe its innards. A true logical fallacy, that term.
    Well look at how Jung approached the psyche and look at how Freud saw it. One looked to esoteric writings, the other was locked into a materialistic view.

I think what we call supernatural is really us misunderstanding how energy works. People who understand how energy works can look like magicians to those who don't.

WALMART

Well look at how Jung approached the psyche and look at how Freud saw it. One looked to esoteric writings, the other was locked into a materialistic view.
    The material cannot be esoteric (particularly considering our age's advanced scope of understanding?)

I do think Jung has an affinity for metaphysical types, that is quite clear. But it is more for concern of their being bulldozed by the modern age, so far as I can tell.

I think what we call supernatural is really us misunderstanding how energy works. People who understand how energy works can look like magicians to those who don't.
    I believe there are facets to perception we have not yet fully revealed, yes. But they are still an extension of sense, not the metaphysical.

Socionics
    IEE

It doesn't matter.

Socionics
    IEE

Actually matter and energy are the same thing. So the material can be esoteric. And the point I was making was that what we think is supernatural, what we label to be supernatural to be more precise, is just energy manifesting in ways we don't understand.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Actually matter and energy are the same thing. So the material can be esoteric. And the point I was making was that what we think is supernatural, what we label to be supernatural to be more precise, is just energy manifesting in ways we don't understand.
    “The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” ― Nikola Tesla

Indeed, I agree with both of you - new realities will explode forth with our greatest imaginings as we extend our perceptions forever into the future!

Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    “The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” ― Nikola Tesla

Indeed, I agree with both of you - new realities will explode forth with our greatest imaginings as we extend our perceptions forever into the future!
    Thank you.