User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Abortionists would have a point if there weren't this little thing we call ADOPTION, which allows a person to not have to raise a child, and lets other people who want a child care for him/her. It's really that simple.
    Unless it's a 12 year old girl who was brutally raped..
    Or family incest abuse...

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Yes, it does. That's because you ARE.
    And your not?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Poser View Post
    But the fetus isn't doing it alone. The mother still plays a vital role. A role that I believe should be her choice to continue or not.
    Agreed, the parents do play a vital role that will continue through much of that child's early life. Generally we look down on parents who neglect this duty. What I am confused about is why this is so clear to us once it is a child and not when it is a fetus, because one leads to the other. I suspect it is because what we cant see/touch/hear becomes less significant to us. Yeah, it's always about US. Why should I mind abortions if I dont have to see what's really going on. If i saw a guy beating his kid violently in the supermarket, that would bother me though, so I should try and stop it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    And your not?
    That's right.

Well, at least you can tell how wrong your perspectives are. I'll give you credit for that.

But seriously, your perspective boils down to nothing more than rape advocacy. You're basically reinforcing the validity of their reproductive strategy on some level by insisting their children be born and their genes spread.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Abortionists would have a point if there weren't this little thing we call ADOPTION, which allows a person to not have to raise a child, and lets other people who want a child care for him/her. It's really that simple.
    But you're still forcing a woman to rent out her body for 9 months against her will.

What is your feeling on forced liver donations? If someone will die without a piece of your liver and they chose you to be the donor, should you be forced to comply?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Personally I'd say we all just need to ban modern housing and go back to living in caves.

God put those caves for a reason, dammit. You think it's natural for us to cut down trees (themselves living organisms!) and exploit them to build residential areas full of artificial housing where God clearly intended open fields and forests?

It ain't natural, if ya ask me.
    People seem to have a jaded sense of what's natural. If God allowed it to be made, then it's natural, because we make everything from some element in nature. It's just that simple for me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    Yeah, it's always about US. Why should I mind abortions if I dont have to see what's really going on. If i saw a guy beating his kid violently in the supermarket, that would bother me though, so I should try and stop it.
    See, this is my big thing. Why should I get to decide that someone else has to go through something that will never happen to me? Something that does have risks and a certain amount of pain (emotional and physical).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    But you're still forcing a woman to rent out her body for 9 months against her will.

What is your feeling on forced liver donations? If someone will die without a piece of your liver and they chose you to be the donor, should you be forced to comply?
    This is a poor analogy. Try for a better one. The baby took no action, the parents who got pregnant took action.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post

It is not me who killed them, it is their disease that killed them. When you abort a fetus, it is YOU/your doctor who is killing it. No apples and oranges comparisons please.

And in regards to someone being raped by their father or whatever, that's obviously the MOST extreme case you can think of, and you're trying to use that as the basis and justification for every other circumstance which doesn't work.

Fine, make abortion a punishable act save for in extreme circumstances such as rape. Otherwise, make people live with their choices for 9 months. I really don't care, this whole subject is lacking in substance.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    This is a poor analogy. Try for a better one. The baby took no action, the parents who got pregnant took action.
    Ok. If you prefer, suppose the hospital staff picked your name out of a hat.