User Tag List

First 123

Quote Originally Posted by coberst View Post
    Capitalism does not contain a moral aspect but encourages only selfish behavior.

Let me get out my violin.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by coberst View Post
    Z Buck

I think that it was not the 17th century but the 18th century, the Age of Enlightenment, in which we changed our focus from God and the hereafter to humans and the here and now. It was the begining of humanism.
    Yeah, you're right. 18th Century. (After I posted earlier I found the book I'd mentioned because I wanted to make sure I'd remembered it correctly.)

I think a huge part of the problem, also, is the way our public school system teaches the United State's Consitution. We're teaching 'democracy' with an autocratic teaching approach, and I thinks it's disempowering and completely counterproductive. This is basically the message: "Sit down, shut up, and remember all these facts about why it's so great to live in a free country."
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    Yeah, you're right. 18th Century. (After I posted earlier I found the book I'd mentioned because I wanted to make sure I'd remembered it correctly.)

I think a huge part of the problem, also, is the way our public school system teaches the United State's Consitution. We're teaching 'democracy' with an autocratic teaching approach, and I thinks it's disempowering and completely counterproductive. This is basically the message: "Sit down, shut up, and remember all these facts about why it's so great to live in a free country."
    We (Americans) teach our children what to think but not how to think, thus we are a nation of easily manipulated citizens who quickly respond to emotional frames.