User Tag List

First 34567 Last

your resident asshole

My results:
    Subscale IQ score = 71
    Subscale percentile = 3

Wow, this makes me feel a bit retarded, but I think this test is completely unreasonable. I think that I'm pretty able to read others emotions and to try to help them through things, but as far as my own emotions? That's another story. That being said:

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    the test seems particularly skewed to the Extraverted ideal of "emotionally intelligent," which is bullshit. I bet it would've scored me higher if I answered a question like, "How easily do you make friends?" with "I MAKE EVERYBODY MY FRIEND YAAAAYYYY!!" rather than, "It's easy to make acquaintances, but making friends is hard."
    Agreed.

Also, will someone explain to me the purpose of this question and how it relates to determining your "emotional intelligence?"
    14. I am bored.
    What the hell?

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Self-report Component
    Subscale IQ score = 111
    Subscale percentile = 79

Quote Originally Posted by MrME
    "I MAKE EVERYBODY MY FRIEND YAAAAYYYY!!"
    lol
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Lasting_Pain

Most of the INs got a pretty low score, and the INTs completely bombed it.

MBTI
    INtP

Here's my score:

Subscale IQ = 82
    Subscale Percentile = 13

I've always had kind of an issue with the usefulness of "EQ" (and yeah, the possibility that it's because I get low scores has occurred to me), because it seems so terribly arbitrary. A large percentage of these questions make me say "well, it depends", or "how am I supposed to know this without more complete information about the person and situation under consideration." It seems not so much a test where the answers are right or wrong (or even likely and less likely), but more of one about how extravertedly optimistic and willing to make snap judgments and encourage/promote confrontations (albeit calmly) you are... maybe that's what they're trying to say, that people with those characteristics "do well"... but from my end it looks like it's sort of self-congratulatory from a certain perspective (that I don't share).

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    One of the questions was:
    "If one had to compare happiness to a weather condition, it would most likely be calledÖ"
    Hell, I'm a fluffy airy INFP, and even I gagged at that question a bit.
    Exactly... just how is this answer supposed to measure your emotional stability, rather than whether or not you have good memories of a)sledding or b) surfing or c) watching leaves fall as a kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    Most of the INs got a pretty low score, and the INTs completely bombed it.
    I don't think there's much of a surprise there... you could probably score pretty highly on this by answering every question as if it were phrased "what would a stereotypical ESFJ say?" I'm not sure what that says... is it sort of cockeyed-biased (as it seems to me), or is it that they've found that success is often correlated with those traits?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Subscale IQ score = 82
    Subscale percentile = 13

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is somewhat poor. People who score like you may at times feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They sometimes struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are not always able to control their moods. It may be hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions difficult at times, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy or perhaps lacking understanding of, or comfort with, social interactions. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.
    That's good enough for me. Seems like the majority of INTPs are failing this test.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    enfj
    Enneagram
    1w2

Snapshot Report
    Self-report Component
    Subscale IQ score = 120
    Subscale percentile = 91

Seriously though - how are people getting percentiles <1? I dno, the test can seem pretty biased to me then *shrug. I don't think I'm very emotionally intelligent

Phantonym

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. Itís hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help.

Hm. Yeah. As much as I hate to admit it, it's quite true to some extent.

MBTI
    INTP

Subscale IQ score = 73
    Subscale percentile = 4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I really thought I was pwning parts of this test.... But Orangey got a 5? lol How do most people have around 60 to 80, and two people in this thread got in the single digits.. and single digit scores are still on the same level as scores of around 40?
    That's usually what happens with a normal distribution. The "percentile" doesn't change a lot until you start getting close to the middle.

Ok now really, this sucks. How the feck can emotions be measured? Intelligence and logic is one thing, "depth of feelings" is something else.