"I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage, with my books, my family, and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post which any human power can give."
Compared to the general population, you are:
Low on*Extroversion, indicating that you are an introvert who prefers calm environments to large social gatherings.
Extremely high on*Openness, indicating that you are very impatient with the way things are and always on the look for the new, the untested, and the untried.
Above average on*Agreeableness, indicating that you alternate between being tenderhearted in some situations and tough-minded in others.
Average on*Conscientiousness, indicating that you take a balanced approach between sticking to plans and deadlines and being flexible about updating your current goals.
Average on*Neuroticism, indicating that you respond adequately to changes in your environment and feel some measure of stress under pressure without letting it get to you.
According to a study done by Jeffery J. Mondak, Ph.D., your scores indicate that you are:
• Not likely to discriminate on the basis of race or sexual orientation.
• More likely to be pro-choice rather than pro-life.
• Likely to feel trapped by the status quo.
• Likely to enjoy complex and abstract discussions.
• Likely to be more knowledgeable on academic topics.
• Less likely to have a tolerant attitude towards smoking.
• More likely to favor harsh criminal punishments over milder ones.
• Less likely to watch TV and read the news, preferring instead to follow your own interests.
• Less likely to mobilize your friends in your own interests, preferring instead to immerse yourself in your interests in solitude.
• Someone who seems impassive to others, while being in fact quite sure of your own views.
According to a study done by Jayme Neiman, Ph.D., your scores indicate that you are:
• More likely than the average person to enjoy bitter vegetables like broccoli and arugula.