User Tag List

123 Last

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Low Scorers (0-8)

If you scored in this range, you (a) answered most of the questions in a socially undesirable direction, but (b) answered them in a way more honest and true to real life than most people. There are a couple of interesting reasons why you may have answered in this way. One may be that you are very comfortable with who you are; you do not feel discomfort when other people view you as behaving in a socially undesirable way. A second explanation may be that you want to be seen by others as a social rebel, someone who is different. Perhaps, too, it's your way of holding a part of your personality out to others and daring them to reject it. If the first mentioned reason is also true, that you are comfortable with how and who you are, then a low level of social desirability may not cause you any trouble. If, however, answering in a rebellious manner does reflect some difficulties you have in getting along with others, then some of the suggestions listed for high scorers may also be useful for you.

Average Scorers (9-19)

If you scored in this range, you are scoring as two out of three people do when taking the test. Scores here represent a combination of socially desirable and socially undesirable responses. Hopefully, this combination represents a balance for you in your day-to-day behavior. It may be helpful for you to look back over the questions and think about how your responses actually relate to your true behavior in those situations.

High Scorers (20-33)

Your score in this range suggests that being seen as socially acceptable is very important to you. (Of course, you have to consider where you scored within this range to decide how much these statements are true for you.) Perhaps your score indicates what Drs. Crowne and Marlowe see as a need for approval from others. If so, a high level of this need for approval can adversely affect your social interactions; you may be seeking approval while presenting a distorted picture of what you’re really like. If a high need for approval describes you, you may feel frequent social insecurity, or anxiety about doing what others expect. If it’s causing you discomfort, some professional counseling may help you. Counseling can provide you with an arena for evaluating your feelings about self-worth, adequacy, and acceptability. If you are a very high scorer, you’re aware of how much energy it takes to constantly fulfill the “ideal” of social expectations. You will probably feel a lot better in the long run if you can redirect some of that energy into continued self-examination and understanding.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

I don't like how they set it up. Just because I'm not resentful, vengeful, or an asshole doesn't mean I'm doing it out of social desirability.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

I think the interpretation at the end seemed a little odd in some ways. I was just answering honestly, and I don't see how answering an online questionnaire by agreeing with statements that are true for everyone is socially inappropriate. The questions had modifiers like "never", "at all", etc, which made the "nice" answer at odds with the reality of human nature. We all want to tell someone off every now and again, for example.

Added to that, answering a on online questionnaire is a very different subjective experience than telling someone else the same thing (although I hope I wouldn't have answered so differently in person).

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

"Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

figsfiggyfigs